Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - early access begins November 15th

Perkel

Arcane
I can imagine myself playing Path of Exile 2 for hundreds of hours just fine. It's engaging gameplay. It's these people who I think are fucking nuts.

I'd be incredibly disappointed if PoE2 is anything close to this. Please contain this retarded gameplay to PoE1, it's for millennials with brainrot who might aswell gamble instead.

Realistically it will be probably good for 5 years just like POE1 was until it will snowball into POE1s retardness.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
having to chase after a boss that moves around
i rage quited during one of my ruthless runs when I had to chase necromancers in prison. They move constantly while their peers keep summoning
The one that always drives me up the wall is that one early unique map boss with the shield that runs away from you. First encountered it with a whispering ice mines build. That... that was suffering.
That's intentional. The fan who designed it specifically requested it be a horrible time.

ArchAngel

Arcane
having to chase after a boss that moves around
i rage quited during one of my ruthless runs when I had to chase necromancers in prison. They move constantly while their peers keep summoning
The one that always drives me up the wall is that one early unique map boss with the shield that runs away from you. First encountered it with a whispering ice mines build. That... that was suffering.
That's intentional. The fan who designed it specifically requested it be a horrible time.
I stopped bothering doing that unique map.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The skills trees in PoE can be slightly simplified if you look at "builds" as wanting specific key nodes from the skill tree, and most of them do. Then it's about the routes you take to get to them. Basically, just grab the most useful stuff for your build along the way to those specific key nodes. Quests will probably award you some respec points in PoE2, and you'll probably have something like orbs of regret, and as long as you don't goof bigly, the cost shouldn't be too much to make adjustments on the fly. Dual spec does change things a bit, but the same should hold true as far as shooting for specific key nodes, such as branching off your main route to grab a key node for your 2nd spec, etc. Of course, it's impossible to know going into PoE2 the impact of build defining unique items, that's information you'll have to adjust for at a later date.
We know gold will be used to respec in PoE2. Also you will get extra points to use for your alt weapon skills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom