Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - isometric souls with loot (beta coming late 2024)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What i didn't like so far from videos is that all enemies behave in same lolrush and swarm manner. I wanted to see scared enemies, more neutral passive ones, slow moving ranged and so on. Reminder that dark souls design integrated story into its world, it wasn't just difficult for the sake of it.
Woah woah woah, where do you expect them to get such technology? AI hasn't gotten that advanced yet! I even used a time machine to go 300 years into the future and this was the only example I could find:

Seems like a shit game, not worth immitating. Any other pie in the sky requests? Maybe mutually exclusive quests with powerful unique rewards during the campaign?

abija

Prophet
If GGG were following D4 release they know people hate enemies that don't bunch up to get slaughtered. Same for changing gameplay according to enemy abilities, nothing should stand in the way of brainless optimized pew pew.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
There is already a fleeing boss and a rare mob modifier that makes the monster flee as well in PoE1 and everybody hates that shit. There is 0 point in implementing monster behaviors like that into an aRPG if you can't actually counter them.

Now in PoE1 there is a counter for fleeing monsters specifically, but it requires at least one free socket and nobody can afford that in the current state of the game. Maybe with 22 available abilities per character it's going to feel great carrying around a bunch of situational skills.

tritosine2k

Erudite
What i didn't like so far from videos is that all enemies behave in same lolrush and swarm manner. I wanted to see scared enemies, more neutral passive ones, slow moving ranged and so on. Reminder that dark souls design integrated story into its world, it wasn't just difficult for the sake of it.
Woah woah woah, where do you expect them to get such technology? AI hasn't gotten that advanced yet! I even used a time machine to go 300 years into the future and this was the only example I could find:

Seems like a shit game, not worth immitating. Any other pie in the sky requests? Maybe mutually exclusive quests with powerful unique rewards during the campaign?

Some monsters naturally flee when they are burning. This includes Blood Apes, Humanoids, and Sea Witches.
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Fleeing

they have the mechanic. What they don't have from D2 is enemy mounts.
Also they have some underdeveloped minion-master stuff.
That's why minion showcase would be interesting because it wouldn't make just minion builds better but actual gameplay. But after this twin stick fest I wouldn't hold my breath.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hack'n'slash with enemies that are not mindless canon fodder?
Maybe in Revenant (1999) but that's it. Expecting anything more in this genre (and in games in general) is futile - challenge rarely sells. Not to mention devs capable of making good challenges are quite rare...

deama

Prophet
The running away goblins in D2 I remember really hating, especially the shamans resurecting slain enemies, it was so annoying.
As a ranged I can see that being less annoying, but as melee, really bad, especially if you don't have a cannon ball attack where you can just leap at the shaman and then at least priority kill him.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Diablo clone at this point has never been about muh gameplay and execution but about character building, exploding mobs, get item to further build your characters.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they move PoE2 away from that. Reduce mob density (except for those that are designed to swarm), unique attack patterns, actually making using some stuff situationally instead of spamming the same 2 3 skills for 60 hours farming randomized maps. Make finding loot to be something fun instead of basically Gacha/Loot box with extra steps.

if anything PoE 2 has yet to go FAR enough from the formula and will probably get middling receptions. Not different enough to attract new players while just feeling worse for people who loves the ARPG treadmill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom