Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah that should be pretty easy going for you guys, I did it at 65 with my trapper and had very few issues. Don't get fucked by the traps in the final room and you're golden.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Lost my 60 level Raider to cruel Daresso last night, she had a 5-link queen of the forest on her :negative:

He just 2 shot me and i was so suprised i couldnt even leap slam or whirl away in time(let alone log out). Funny, considering i took like no damage fighting kaom a few minutes before that. GGG pls nerf

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Guess i ripped to the 'combo attack' which is apparently unavoidable (can't evade or dodge) good job ggg, great boss you added there and he isn't even optional.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Day 1 and 2 you could easily get 5c+ per person to carry through it, 30min per run at max, not a waste at all :M It's still worth it at 2-3c since you get at least a decent amount of currency directly, and if you hit the jackpot on a helmet or boots enchant that can be another 1-2ex. For easy money just buy Atziris Step and enchant it until you hit the "damage penetrates 10% resistance if you haven't killed recently", every trapper or totem player will pay a buttload for it. 10% movement if you haven't been hit recently is also quite nice for any Eva/Acro build.

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The labyrinth is a fucking waste of time.

That is all.
Did the traps touch you in an inapropriate place? You can tell us, we've been there too.

As for the labirynth. Its certainly not alternative endgame since its too low level to farm experience and items. Its just a place you run 3 times for your ascendancy points, and those are very nice, some are build defining, some are straight power upgrades.

Then you can run labirynth for the item enchants. The helmet enchants seem to be quite powerfull and some of them are beyond simple damage boosts. But thats entirely optional, you character will work without them.

Also, you can get one treasure key from Argus, and around 3 from Izaro if you are willing to make the fight harder. So 4 keys, and you will get some currency items, maybe an unique, maybe some rares.

Sure it does not beat running well rolled mid level maps, but it never was presented as any alternative to them.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Oh yeah I forgot that PoE is a game about paying others to play it for you. Silly me.
You mean I am getting payed for playing the game for others, which they are clearly fine with else they wouldn't pay me the currency. I'm not putting a gun to their head or anything.

What exactly is your problem though, you were the one claiming it to be a waste when it clearly isn't. Getting Ascendancy points, getting currency and getting enchants that are better than most of the Vaal corruptions is not good enough for you?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
If you're referring to the constant crashes on day 1 and 2, there have been countless posts by the developers as to the when where and why these happened, and so far I had none in the last 3 days.

I have to admit losing all your progress not only during the labyrinth but a couple of other areas aswell sucked hard, I just hope they don't underestimate the amount of returning players for the next expansion.

Gerrard

Arcane
Also apparently the Amsterdam server is fucked up and it can randomly kick you from the game which I learned about yesterday.

E: and now the Frankfurt server died as well, thank god I finished the labyrinth earlier.

Last edited:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I was playing on Amsterdam server yesterday and I didn't have any problems.

T. Reich

Arcane
I'm feeling semi-excluded with all you HC-bois out there :P.

Gotta say that challenges this time around are decidedly non-challenging for any decent player with a decent build and just a little time and effort to spare.

29/40 and almost done with another 4 already, and I don't even play that much outside of weekends.
Will have my golden portal effect in 2 weeks from now with 100% guarantee, once my Zana is lvl 8 from all those rotas.

T. Reich

Arcane
Of course it was! It allowed Chitus Perandus to become the emperor, with his subsequent obsession with thaumaturgy and immortality eventually leading to the current events.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I always feel sad seeing Rigwalds corpse before the third fight with Izaro, he was so close...

I always feel sad seeing Rigwalds corpse before the third fight with Izaro, he was so close...
It's some another loser. Rigwald participated in the Purity Rebellion against Chitus. So he couldn't possibly die helping Chitus here.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Just checked up on it and you're right, its just some poor ezomyte shmuck who happened to have completed all challenges previous league so he wears full the rigwald armour set. The poem refers to the greatwolf a couple of times, which is what I remembered and why I thought it was Rigwald himself. The templar in those labyrinth poems is Chitus I reckon?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
God Damn, the new currency stash tabs look nice. But eating a hot meal every day is nice too!

Will wait for a sale, as is tradition.

Just checked up on it and you're right, its just some poor ezomyte shmuck who happened to have completed all challenges previous league so he wears full the rigwald armour set. The poem refers to the greatwolf a couple of times, which is what I remembered and why I thought it was Rigwald himself. The templar in those labyrinth poems is Chitus I reckon?

I don't remember templar but i may missed some poems here. Chitus Perandus should be mentioned here since he is the first one who finished Izaro trial (previous emperor without successor) and became emperor (cheated his way through and betrayed his helpers in the end).
4Letter3.jpg

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I know about the backstory and the letters, I was talking about the poems that you can find scattered around the labyrinth. It's basically a story about a templar and an ezomyte helping each other through the labyrinth, apparently the ezomyte fell short right before the end. I was just wondering whether the templar might've been Chitus himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom