Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Sunri

Liturgist
Epic gamer moment
9sltyLA.png

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't know why they keep saying the same bullshit, without even checking if it is right :

Somehow there's more. As Redditor u/charlesatan noticed, you needed to bring a certain companion with you to a dungeon, then talk him into destroying an artifact you find there. The chain of events that sets off makes it possible to obtain a different artifact, a sword of thorns called the Briar, which becomes essential later. It's absurdly specific.

No you don't need to do it you fucking dunce. Bringing Tristan to mordekai's tomb, which is by the way HEAVELY emphasized, only make finding the briar way easier, because irrovetti will keep and the check to find it in his palace is easier. If you don't, Nyrissa find it before you and hide it in the house at the end of time, where the skill check is way more difficult, but still entirely possible if you know where to look for it.

Yes and also since they

fixed the goddamn oculus. You may want to not destroy it and let Nyrissa get it since it allows to get it from Tristian cold hands.
It works as a greater extend rod, with infinite charges, and it stacks with the other rods! All your spells will be extended! Extended + Maximized scirrocco? no problem.
If you use it on a Sorcerer is basically a forever-haste.
Oculus > Tristian

Wunderbar

Arcane
Hm, observation of the day: looks like some AI parts hardwired directly into difficulty level, no matter what additional options are chosen:

For example, when comparing default Hard against Core + Additional Enemies Behaviors on, it is quite noticeable that some kind of the "Smart" targeting taking the place - melees are lot less willing to continue whacking invulnerable dogs/horses/dinosaurs and move on to easier target in 1-2 rounds. And ranges often target rider instead of his mount or just have a huge hate boner for the party member with the least AC. Really, on Core, Ember was never shot at often enough to tempt me to take Pranked Beneficial Curse on her for the Mirror Image, but on Hard it is no longer the case.

And its seems that it worked similarly in Kingmaker, I just had not played on below Hard often enough to notice.
uHOKsy2.png

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Damn, now I feel embarrassed for posting this in the wrong thread and moving the post minute later and feel the need to quote myself at least.
Hm, observation of the day: looks like some AI parts hardwired directly into difficulty level, no matter what additional options are chosen:

For example, when comparing default Hard against Core + Additional Enemies Behaviors on, it is quite noticeable that some kind of the "Smart" targeting taking the place - melees are lot less willing to continue whacking invulnerable dogs/horses/dinosaurs and move on to easier target in 1-2 rounds. And ranges often target rider instead of his mount or just have a huge hate boner for the party member with the least AC. Really, on Core, Ember was never shot at often enough to tempt me to take Pranked Beneficial Curse on her for the Mirror Image, but on Hard it is no longer the case.

And its seems that it worked similarly in Kingmaker, I just had not played on below Hard often enough to notice.

Wunderbar

Arcane
What was the reward for solving a books puzzle in HATEOT?
I have found 5 books out of 6 during normal exploration while searching for three keys, and I don't really want to do that again for the missing book if the reward isn't worth it.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Hm, not sure if it's worth backtracking through that hellhole again. On one hand, it looks pretty cool. On the other hand, both my MC and Ekundayo already have decent composite longbows (Mirror bow and Hunter's blessing).

Daidre

Arcane
Hm, not sure if it's worth backtracking through that hellhole again. On one hand, it looks pretty cool. On the other hand, both my MC and Ekundayo already have decent composite longbows (Mirror bow and Hunter's blessing).
Well, getting 17-20 crits would be attractive with Imroved Crit, but your bows are really good already. Huh, I have seen the Hunter's Blessing in the rogue-like mode but never in the main campaign. Damn random.

But exploring hete house again, and doing it x2 for each version? Hell, no. Even if you want to do the chapter 7 (I skip it sometimes depending on my RP).

kangaxx

Arbiter

Worth IMO. My PC was a Person of Bow, and it was nice to finally be able to replace the Devourer of Metal from Act 2, just before the final battle. I wish there were more bows in this game.

On another note I looked online to see which of my choices made me missing the final content...
Turns out it was because I like to play a chaotic/crazy person first time round, and my PC let Nyrissa off the hook after defeating her... so I seemingly missed a significant ending. Is it worth bothering to go back and do it?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Huh, I have seen the Hunter's Blessing in the rogue-like mode but never in the main campaign. Damn random.
Hunter's Blessing is one of the bows you can get from Kimo Tavon, the bows artisan. It's not his masterpiece, so you should get it pretty reliably if you build his shop and improve your kingdom's Loyalty and Culture.

Daidre

Arcane
Hunter's Blessing is one of the bows you can get from Kimo Tavon, the bows artisan.
Yeah, I can read wiki too)
Edit
It's not his masterpiece, so you should get it pretty reliably if you build his shop and improve your kingdom's Loyalty and Culture.
And that is why I was bitching about random.
Yes, I am still sore that my favorite Fauchard - Serpent Prince is the artisan's loot too but damn Tulip spams me with kamas.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Yes, I am still sore that my favorite Fauchard - Serpent Prince is the artisan's loot too but damn Tulip spams me with kamas.
I could swear that in my last game I got 3 Hunter's Blessings and 2 Serpent Princes, so maybe the game just hates you (or it realizes that you're an animal companion and therefore don't need those weapons). But maybe I'm just remembering wrong, I should check the save on my old PC. For sure I got 2+ Hunter's Blessings in multiple games.

Serpent Prince is a very weird case because, if the wiki is right, you can cuck yourself out of it forever if you improve Economy and Relations too quickly.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Hunter's Blessing is one of the bows you can get from Kimo Tavon, the bows artisan. It's not his masterpiece, so you should get it pretty reliably if you build his shop and improve your kingdom's Loyalty and Culture.

I never got that, or his masterpiece. I must have upgraded Culture too late.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Worth IMO. My PC was a Person of Bow, and it was nice to finally be able to replace the Devourer of Metal from Act 2, just before the final battle. I wish there were more bows in this game.
Even if you completely ignored artisans, at that point you can already own Longbow of Cold Moon (Varnhold's lot item), as well as a +5 bow with Blindsense from fey merchant.

On another note I looked online to see which of my choices made me missing the final content...
Turns out it was because I like to play a chaotic/crazy person first time round, and my PC let Nyrissa off the hook after defeating her... so I seemingly missed a significant ending. Is it worth bothering to go back and do it?
there's a short chapter where you fight for your kingdom alongside of everybody you kept good relationships with. Mites and kobolds from Sycamore, Natala Surtova's army, Aldoris, Maegar Varn and your character from Varnhold's lot, etc etc. It's pretty epic.

Also there's an additional companion sidequest if you own The Wildcards DLC.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hunter's Blessing is one of the bows you can get from Kimo Tavon, the bows artisan.
Yeah, I can read wiki too)
Edit
It's not his masterpiece, so you should get it pretty reliably if you build his shop and improve your kingdom's Loyalty and Culture.

I was quite lucky with the Serpent Prince, usually got 2 or 3 copies thereof. Must be quite unlucky not to get it, as its pretty low tier and with some luck can be gotten as early as late Chapter 2 (was it Tier III?).

Never got Redeemer, though. But that's Tier 5, so far less opportunities for a good roll.

Sunri

Liturgist
ok after first encounter with wild hunt i took blind fight on every character lol wild gaze is annoying af free action perma stun spam :shredder:

Wunderbar

Arcane
sleep tight king what a chad he was fucking snakes and shit respect
he was a chump. The game builds him up as your archnemesis on the kingdom ruling part, but instead of using politics he just sends a bunch of monsters and bandits, and then dies after just three or four small missions. What a letdown.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom