Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Modding Thread

Efe

Erudite
he has a secret assignment.
You were tasked with coming up small incrementing steps to finally implement monk feats..
Do your duty citizen.

John Keel

Savant
Simple assignment:

Create a Bastard sword +1 with the light weapon property, without fucking up all other bastard swords

Don't try to add it to vendor, or loot tables etc... just create it and add it to the main library.

Spawn it through Bag of tricks

I referenced all the tools to do it in previous posts

Efe

Erudite
spawn it with a button on your own mod.
dont make people swim through bag of tricks with searches and whatnot

John Keel

Savant
It teaches to debug with Bag of trick/Data viewer though

And spawning it with a button implies more difficulty than what they're ready for

John Keel

Savant
Basic walkthrough, I don't remember the specifics

- Retrieve from the main lib the bastard sword blueprint and store it into a var
- Generate a new GUID
- Edit the stored blueprint (new GUID, new name etc...)
- Add the stored blueprint back to the library
- Use bag of trick search by GUID/Name to check if it's working

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Senpais help. it's spitting errors at me.
jOMsBur.png

John Keel

Savant
When you have code red's underlined in VisualStudio, mouse-hover it as it more often than not gives helpful hints

John Keel

Savant
Actually, disregard everything I've said before regarding easy assignment n shit

I don't intend to sound harsh, but this is probably above your pay grade

If you're hellbent at modding PFKM, do a bunch of C# entry-level tutorial, to understand simple conditionnal structure, statements, OOP paradigm and ECS

I'm sorry i've interfered Efe , I'll let you handle that from now on

Efe

Erudite
I think its better they drown first rather than use kid wheels for a long time

John Keel

Savant
This isn't drowning, it's a dude aiming for the moon with a fucking trebuchet built by a retard with flat-earth's level physic education

John Keel

Savant
There's absolutly no shame in starting at the bottom, learning what Types are is a big deal if you want to do anything

Spoiler Alert: Anything involving serious modding in PFKM is Array Manipulation fiesta, with typecasting

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
OK, I have been banned on PFKM discord twice, so I think I have the reason to ask here.

How to add a new string resource with all the bells and whistles? Meaning the substitutes for the names, correct links to the party members and the possible localization. Like in Owlcat resources.

Did someone do something like this?

John Keel

Savant
I'm not sure what you're asking for, but I remember using:

Code:
public static SharedStringAsset CreateSharedStringAsset(string uniqueString, string localizedname){

var sharedString = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<SharedStringAsset>();
            sharedString.String = Helpers.CreateString(uniqueString, localizedname);        
            return sharedString;      

}

And Helpers.SetLocalizedStringField() from Helpers.cs

Dealing with Strings was a PITA, but then again, I'm a retardo

Note: CreateSharedStringAsset() is from my own Helper, so it probably is inefficient/stupid, but that's the only stuff I have on hand related to your question

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
For real, don't get banned from PFKM Discord if you want to do anything meaningful, they're super nice if you have a bit of Diplomacy/Charisma and roll successfuly

4-5 ppl from there spent hundreds of hours helping me, and I ain't special, just don't be a toxic fuck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom