Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Yeah. It much better than playing BT4 ... that's for sure.

So downloading this game and waiting for it to decrypt is much better than playing this game or BT4? So you are saying the NuCodex members will dislike this game more than BT4? Which game has more tactical, thoughtful combat?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah. It much better than playing BT4 ... that's for sure.

So downloading this game and waiting for it to decrypt is much better than playing this game or BT4? So you are saying the NuCodex members will dislike this game more than BT4? Which game has more tactical, thoughtful combat?

The joke is that Steam does pre-loading only for the prestigious titles hence BT4 already lost this fight because that shit was never in danger of too much demand. Get it? :)

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
they backer portal crap is some grade A nigger shit. what is this fucking russian my.com crap. suck my fucking balls
I knew this is going to be trouble the moment i saw this abortion of a backer portal. I figured it out after some trial and error, but there is no way general kickstarter audience(tards)gonna understand what to do.

Roqua

Prospernaut
The joke is that Steam does pre-loading only for the prestigious titles hence BT4 already lost this fight because that shit was never in danger of too much demand. Get it? :)

Really? I'll take that. No great game has ever had a pre-load. Only popamole shit for retards do. One more ominous sign, other than retard combat. Things aren't looking too good.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Really? I'll take that. No great game has ever had a pre-load. Only popamole shit for retards does. One more ominous sign, other than retard combat. Things aren't looking too good.

FOX%2BAND%2BTHE%2BGRAPES.png

The game is too difficult for journalists so that's a positive http://www.gameblog.fr/news/78449-pathfinder-kingmaker-nos-impressions-sur-ce-rpg-old-school-p

Google translation
A week ago, we had the opportunity to thoroughly discover the RPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker which was brilliantly Kickstore up to $ 909,000 out of the 500,000 requested. The game presents itself as an old-school RPG that wants to be as close as possible to the paper version in terms of possibility. Let's see what happens and if the promises are kept.

Pathfinder Kingmaker is adapted from the paper role-play Pathfinder Adventure Path whose universe was launched in 2008. And the Owlcat Games studio is far from being the first to ride the wave of the Old School RPG. We will also have in mind the quality works of the studio Obsidian but also and especially the excellentissime Divinity: Original Sin 2 of Larian last year was a real slap in the genre. Where Pathfinder Kinmaker marks its difference is by offering real-time battles with a possible break at any time. We'll come back to this later, but it's probably the biggest problem in the game.

Of an unfathomable depth
Like any good RPG, it is possible to create his character from scratch even if the game still offers some archetypes starting. The least we can say is that Pathfinder is a game that requires investment: 30 minutes is the time we spent in the character creation menu to be able to give birth to our hero. In the end we chose a rogue (a rogue class of character who can move silently and carry fast and powerful shots). Difficult to make an exhaustive list of possibilities as they are numerous: Choice of the portrait, his build, his skills and even his date of birth. Clearly the game is not stingy in possibilities, it is there that one becomes aware of the DNA of the paper role play that Pathfinder carries in him. The game is teeming with details and the most curious can learn more about the universe through a complete encyclopedia on almost every aspect of the game ...

The desire to do well
A gigantic work has been done to give you the impression of playing a paper role play if only by the gargantuan choice of dialogue possibilities. A real good job of writing (and dubbing) was done . From the first hour we already feel the impact of our choices and the moral value that this can have on other characters. A bit like a Star Wars KOTOR , our character leans towards Good or Evil according to the branches we take. Too bad the pure RPG aspect is not supported by a combat system worthy of the name.

Fighting ... to see again
For now (this may have improved later in the game) the fights are rough and the game could have gained clarity with a turn-based system. When you see the successes that are a Tyranny or a Divinity, it is difficult to grasp the choice of a system in real time for an old-school RPG of this type. If this can be useful when you manage 1 or 2 characters, it becomes a real disaster with 4 characters. We do not know who does what, we lose our heroes in the fray, we do not know who already has orders and who should receive (and the "break" does not help).In short, we must get hold of a final version to better realize it but it seems to be a mistake. Because the rough side brings intransigence to the clashes.

Damn that actually is great to hear. The character creation was too long and difficult for them, the fighting too hard , and the entire experience included endless information and depth that seems nearly impossible for them to penetrate. Fucking incline as hell.

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Ha. The fucking fascist Pathfinder moderator banned me on the steam forum for "trolling" for a post I made like 6 hours ago being critical of the children's combat in the game. I guess questioning how good combat will be in a game requires the NKVD to shut you up. I honestly did not say anything in a disrespectful way. I questioned the combat. You little bitches can whine about inXile all you want, but they let people say whatever they want in the steam forums without retroactively banning anyone for being slightly critical to create and promote a false narrative.

I highly recommend people pirate this game and don't support these fascists.

PrettyDeadman

Ha. The fucking fascist Pathfinder moderator banned me on the steam forum for "trolling" for a post I made like 6 hours ago being critical of the children's combat in the game. I guess questioning how good combat will be in a game requires the NKVD to shut you up. I honestly did not say anything in a disrespectful way. I questioned the combat. You little bitches can whine about inXile all you want, but they let people say whatever they want in the steam forums without retroactively banning anyone for being slightly critical to create and promote a false narrative.

You are delusional if you think you are not trolling right now.

top selling game on steam it looks like, not even released yet

My post with some fabulously optimistic and edgy tags back from February:

Just the kingmaker alpha, even with bugs, missing textures, broken quests, etc, blows away POE 3.0. I think the word of mouth and the long tail on it is going to be pretty good.

Now I just need my damn key.
I don't feel like searching for my posts, but I have made about 10 that also got the same fabulously optimistic tags where I stated that this game looked better than almost any RPG released in last 15 years or so to me, and that I would not be surprised for it to do very well and to eventually be considered the best of the kick-starter age. The only evidence I had for saying any of this is just from looking at developer logs and screenshots. Obviously I don't or can't know for sure at this point, but I have been very optimistic about this game for awhile.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Roqua denigrating a CRPG? What has the world come to? You, sir, have gazed too long into the abyss.

A great sage once said that if you like CRPGs and want more CRPGs, you need to support the companies that make CRPGs, even when you think their games are deeply flawed. Words of wisdom. When pokeman and his collaborators stabbed Bard’s Tale 4 in the back, maliciously cheering at every bug and every performance issue that might hurt the game’s sales, while gleefully calling for inXile’s destruction, one man battled bravely to englighten his misguided flock.

He is not the hero we deserve, he’s the hero we need. Let us not forget this learned prophet’s third epistle to the codexians:

Also, disliking a game without being able to articulate why in a coherent as well as consistent explanation is the domain of the monkeys. I dislike the IE game's combat but I am willing and capable to explain why and consistent in my view of why. There are a lot of crpgs that come out that I am not a big fan of but I still support them because a bad (or not all that great) crpg is better than no crpg.

That, my friends, is the truth. So it breaks my shriveled heart to see this great sage turning against Pathfinder: Kingmaker before it’s even out yet. Yes, many wise men despise real-time-with-pause as a cancer upon the genre. Yes, the way this forum treats inXile is ridiculously self-defeating. But, my god man, you said it yourself: A BAD CRPG IS BETTER THAN NO CRPG.

Roqua, though your rage is righteous, it may blind you to the greater cause: the very existence of the genre. Your humble servant begs you: do not violate your most sacred commandment. Oh mighty Roqua, please turn your wrath away from Kingmaker.

Amen.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
top selling game on steam it looks like, not even released yet

My post with some fabulously optimistic and edgy tags back from February:

Just the kingmaker alpha, even with bugs, missing textures, broken quests, etc, blows away POE 3.0. I think the word of mouth and the long tail on it is going to be pretty good.

Now I just need my damn key.
I don't feel like searching for my posts, but I have made about 10 that also got the same fabulously optimistic tags where I stated that this game looked better than almost any RPG released in last 15 years or so to me, and that I would not be surprised for it to do very well and to eventually be considered the best of the kick-starter age. The only evidence I had for saying any of this is just from looking at developer logs and screenshots. Obviously I don't or can't know for sure at this point, but I have been very optimistic about this game for awhile.

I probably put those tags on yours and archaens posts, it was not meant as a disagreement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom