Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Dang, so the game allows you to choose for resting NOT to heal status ailments! Guess we're going druid now! If only for the new and exciting experience of actually using spells like cure disease. Preparing to expand my mind.
It was like that in BG as well. Diseases stayed through rest.

bataille

Arcane
Dang, so the game allows you to choose for resting NOT to heal status ailments! Guess we're going druid now! If only for the new and exciting experience of actually using spells like cure disease. Preparing to expand my mind.

Didn't they heal after a number of consecutive rests? Hmmmm...

ArchAngel

Arcane

Well disease has its duration. You are supposed to either get rid of it naturally, with magic or die to it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

As far as I know, in the IE games resting with no healing spells memorized will only heal you by a few HP.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

In the tabletop a character with a good fort save can very often just recover naturally.

Most diseases have a daily fort save against effects, with a natural cure on two or three consecutive saves. Some like Leprosy are once a week and are very hard to recover naturally from.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I do hope that only severe status effects stay on and not every single spell effect.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I do hope that only severe status effects stay on and not every single spell effect.
And I hope that all spells that last a long time in PnP last a long time in this game as well.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The important question is: Will there be Mummy Rot?
I hope so , the pen and paper rules have them , and level drains on several undeads to replace them on their throne of terror like they should be.

They made level drain slightly simpler in Pathfinder.

Negative levels just give a flat -1 to pretty much every roll, so you don't have to fuck around with sheets after every encounter with a drainer. They're still pretty bad as permanent negative levels are expensive to remove, and generally have a limited removal rate.

It was to combat the ol' 3e "Give me an hour whilst I rebuild my character" after getting drained.

bataille

Arcane
Can someone with the knowledge of the beta give hard facts about the companions' alignment? Like, the inquisitor is evil, but is she lawful or neutral? The same goes for the goblin. Who else is evil? Is it really impossible to get a party without someone neutral-good?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got an email from BerserkerKitten.

Some of our Codex backers should have backer portal accounts now, with keys. Those of you who don't will receive a PM soon.

L'Montes

Educated
I was disappointed to see classes like Oracle and Vampire Hunter didn't make it in (others I can understand). That aside, I feel like I'm looking forward more to the codex reaction than the game at the moment.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I was disappointed to see classes like Oracle and Vampire Hunter didn't make it in (others I can understand). That aside, I feel like I'm looking forward more to the codex reaction than the game at the moment.

Yep, I'm surprised Oracles didn't make it in. They are a popular class in the tabletop.

Spontaneous casting clerics with some cool class features.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Can someone with the knowledge of the beta give hard facts about the companions' alignment? Like, the inquisitor is evil, but is she lawful or neutral? The same goes for the goblin. Who else is evil? Is it really impossible to get a party without someone neutral-good?
She is neutral evil. I saw it in an LP.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got an email from BerserkerKitten.

Some of our Codex backers should have backer portal accounts now, with keys. Those of you who don't will receive a PM soon.

I sent out the PM. If you're a Codex fundraiser backer, didn't get your key and also didn't get the PM, please notify me.

bataille

Arcane

if anyone is interested, I've just googled it out of desperation, and it seems that someone has updated wiki pages on all companions. Only a week ago it was just stub stub stub.

http://pathfinderkingmaker.wikia.com/wiki/Companions

Cael

Arcane
The important question is: Will there be Mummy Rot?
I hope so , the pen and paper rules have them , and level drains on several undeads to replace them on their throne of terror like they should be.

They made level drain slightly simpler in Pathfinder.

Negative levels just give a flat -1 to pretty much every roll, so you don't have to fuck around with sheets after every encounter with a drainer. They're still pretty bad as permanent negative levels are expensive to remove, and generally have a limited removal rate.

It was to combat the ol' 3e "Give me an hour whilst I rebuild my character" after getting drained.
Fucktard's on drugs.

What he described is the 3.x version of level drain. -1 to all rolls, lose 1 highest level spell slot for each negative level gained. If your negative levels > your HD, you die. Pathfinder basically copied it wholesale.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
That's a good change. Negative levels were a fucking nightmare on PnP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom