Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PrettyDeadman

Where is beta version and baker keys? It's already April 5th.

sstacks

Arcane
The Old Sycamore dungeon branches out (see what I did there). Giant centipedes. The mite queen hates kobolds just a mite. Fun with resting. Shane wastes a lesser restoration potion. We see a bit of the behind the scenes of what the game dev engine / art assets process looks like for designers (literally).

Things Owlcat Games asked me to mention:
Alpha means incomplete. Not all content and features are fully implemented, not all in-game copy is perfect, there will be bugs - this game is still a work in progress.
For more information on Pathfinder: Kingmaker please visit https://goo.gl/SwTxgo

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Even though I have the alpha, since my pledge came from tbe codex, the backer portal doesn' show beta status.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BK says he'll email the keys as soon as he has them. Seems like they're pulling an all-nighter.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Old Sycamore dungeon branches out (see what I did there). Giant centipedes. The mite queen hates kobolds just a mite. Fun with resting. Shane wastes a lesser restoration potion. We see a bit of the behind the scenes of what the game dev engine / art assets process looks like for designers (literally).

Things Owlcat Games asked me to mention:
Alpha means incomplete. Not all content and features are fully implemented, not all in-game copy is perfect, there will be bugs - this game is still a work in progress.
For more information on Pathfinder: Kingmaker please visit https://goo.gl/SwTxgo

This is video of that older version of the game or did you get early access to beta?

sstacks

Arcane
No access to beta that I know of, but I did send an email asking if alpha testers will get beta access.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No access to beta that I know of, but I did send an email asking if alpha testers will get beta access.

You had to pledge enough $$$ for the beta as a prerequisite for getting the alpha in the Kickstarter campaign. But I don't know if the alpha release on Steam will turn into the beta or if it's a separate Steam key.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
when Kingmaker comes out (and is legitimately better than PoE 2) someone paste Avellone's head over Sugar Ray and Sawyer's head over Duran in this:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I think the beta has been released. Guys who pledged for it in our fundraiser, check your mailboxes.

sstacks It turns out the alpha does turn into the beta.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

OI9DTz4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think the beta has been released. Guys who pledged for it in our fundraiser, check your mailboxes.

sstacks It turns out the alpha does turn into the beta.
Check your spam folders too. That is where my email has landed. Thanks for the heads up, Infinitron

I do not usually do early access/alpha/beta/etc., but I think I will make an exception this time. Downloading now.

oPPJ4eN.png

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh yeah, it'd be nice if somebody could dig into the game files and see if the portraits are stored in a directory somewhere so we could do a Codex avatar gallery.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I really like everything I've seen so far from this game. If they nail the kingdom building aspect of it too...

sstacks

Arcane
Oh yeah, it'd be nice if somebody could dig into the game files and see if the portraits are stored in a directory somewhere so we could do a Codex avatar gallery.

I see a lot of dlls and files with related manifests but no outright uncompressed art assets

It's Unity if anyone has any thoughts on where / how to look

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom