Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: The Dragon's Demand - Gorgeous and Sprawling Single-player, Turn-based RPG from Ossian Studios

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I wouldn't expect anything like Kingmaker. It will be more of an imitation of a tabletop game because they can't even afford animations.

What was the original module actually about?

Gargaune

Arcane
https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/The_Dragon's_Demand said:
The Dragon's Demand, a dungeon and wilderness adventure for 1st-level characters written by Mike Shel, was released in July 2013. This adventure marks a relaunch of the Pathfinder Modules line, offering an increased page count and a two-sided color poster map, and shifting to a quarterly release schedule.

Dragon%27s_Demand_Wallpaper.jpg

“Dragonslayers Wanted!

Founded by a famous dragonslayer, the small town of Belhaim has become a sleepy rural community just off the beaten path, a settlement where everyone knows everyone and strangers are the talk of the town. But when Belhaim's peace and quiet is shattered by the sudden collapse of the last standing tower of its founder's castle, things quickly bloom out of control. Why were there bodies of kobolds amid the rubble? What's the sinister secret behind the strange sounds of flapping wings in the night? And what's happened to local wizard Balthus Hunclay, who's not answering knocks on his door? The collapsed tower had long been an eyesore to the cantankerous old man—could he have had something to do with its destruction? And what of the rumors of strange stirrings in nearby Dragonfen? Has Belhaim's ancient draconic nemesis returned?The Dragon's Demand is a deluxe super-adventure for 1st-level characters, and includes 64 action-packed pages of adventure and new monsters, plus a beautiful double-sided, full-color poster map of the town of Belhaim and an important miniatures-scale battleground! Players can expect to reach 7th level by the time they complete this epic adventure—if they manage to survive the wrath of a dragon when his demands aren't met!”

TheKing01

Literate
Glad to see PF finally gaining a foothold in gaming, as opposed to the FR monopolization we've had

Glad to see PF finally gaining a foothold in gaming, as opposed to the FR monopolization we've had
Forgotten Realms is so boring because it's been done to death and I hate drow for how poorly they are written. It also doesn't help that other settings don't have games nowadays (which is honestly a blessing in disguise right now) and if they do have games, it's sparse.

rojay

Scholar
If you search for "The Dragon's Demand pdf" you can find a copy of it. I looked through the first of the three parts and it looks like a pretty typical low-level adventure. They'll dumb some of it down to fit into the Crpg context but otherwise I could see it being a pretty good time. Some of you will be happy to learn that there's nothing that screams "woke" in it that I could see, but I don't go looking for that and of course the incels among you will probably object that there are NPCs and adversaries that are female.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So what awful side activity will this pathfinder game have?

The dragon's demand? We're not going to have to tickle its balls every 5 minutes via a quicktime event, will we?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Forgotten Realms is so boring because it's been done to death and I hate drow for how poorly they are written. It also doesn't help that other settings don't have games nowadays (which is honestly a blessing in disguise right now) and if they do have games, it's sparse.
You think Golarion is any better?

La vie sexuelle

Learned

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/The_Dragon's_Demand said:
The Dragon's Demand, a dungeon and wilderness adventure for 1st-level characters written by Mike Shel, was released in July 2013. This adventure marks a relaunch of the Pathfinder Modules line, offering an increased page count and a two-sided color poster map, and shifting to a quarterly release schedule.

Dragon%27s_Demand_Wallpaper.jpg

“Dragonslayers Wanted!

Founded by a famous dragonslayer, the small town of Belhaim has become a sleepy rural community just off the beaten path, a settlement where everyone knows everyone and strangers are the talk of the town. But when Belhaim's peace and quiet is shattered by the sudden collapse of the last standing tower of its founder's castle, things quickly bloom out of control. Why were there bodies of kobolds amid the rubble? What's the sinister secret behind the strange sounds of flapping wings in the night? And what's happened to local wizard Balthus Hunclay, who's not answering knocks on his door? The collapsed tower had long been an eyesore to the cantankerous old man—could he have had something to do with its destruction? And what of the rumors of strange stirrings in nearby Dragonfen? Has Belhaim's ancient draconic nemesis returned?The Dragon's Demand is a deluxe super-adventure for 1st-level characters, and includes 64 action-packed pages of adventure and new monsters, plus a beautiful double-sided, full-color poster map of the town of Belhaim and an important miniatures-scale battleground! Players can expect to reach 7th level by the time they complete this epic adventure—if they manage to survive the wrath of a dragon when his demands aren't met!”

Thank you. Maybe I should have made clear that I was familiar with this Wiki, but this description means nothing to me. Sounds very general and generic.

Is it even possible to turn this into a normal single-player RPG campaign?

Pathfinder's Golarian is one if the shittiest most amateur settings ever made. There are things I appreciate about the ruleset over D&D 3E, but let's not pretend like Golarian is a breath of fresh air.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
You think Golarion is any better?

In Golorion, drows do not practice slavery. This theme was too scary for modern gamers.

Pathfinder's Golarian is one if the shittiest most amateur settings ever made. There are things I appreciate about the ruleset over D&D 3E, but let's not pretend like Golarian is a breath of fresh air.

I liked original Cheliax. Unfortunately, it seems they were too fun for Paizo standards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Thank you. Maybe I should have made clear that I was familiar with this Wiki, but this description means nothing to me. Sounds very general and generic.

ToEE-light. You start off in a small town doing small town things. Explore the wizard's mansion to find out what happened to him. Then go venture off into the wetlands to deal with that dragon.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

ToEE-light. You start off in a small town doing small town things. Explore the wizard's mansion to find out what happened to him. Then go venture off into the wetlands to deal with that dragon.

It doesn't sound bad. Ossian would be able to design something of this scale. However, before that would happen they have to design and implement the Pathfinder system, which is doable, but it will be difficult for them to compete after what Owlcat has achive.

It's very patchwork and pulpy, but it's better than Forgotten Realms. Then again, that's not hard to achieve at all. Dog shit with sprinkles on it is better than Forgotten Realms.

rojay

Scholar
Somebody needs to make another game set in Greyhawk. I really just want another game like Temple of Elemental Evil (even using the ToEE engine) but without all of the bugs. Leave out gender issues, romances (other than how ToEE handled them) and the rest of it and just make a fantasy role playing game that allows me to kill monsters.

It won't sell as many copies as BG3, but if it was done right I bet it would be profitable, at least.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
GOBLIN JEW
Pathfinder Goblins are pretty far removed from Jews. For one, they'll eat anything. ANYTHING. That includes shrimp and bacon cheeseburgers. They don't care. They'll eat it. They don't care if a Rabbi has blessed it, they only care if it has calories and can be chewed. And honestly, I'm not even sure if they care of they can chew it or not. They'll step over a gold bar to get to a catfish sandwich. They're always hungry. For food. Or what they consider food.
The Gnomes are the Jews duh.

JEWbilost? C'mon man. Bleach is caustic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom