Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Can't handle the bacon

Companions | Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous (fextralife.com)

It appears that, out of the announced companions, three are literal demons, one is a demon-worshipper, two are hybrid-mutants (a reptilian and a spider), one is a zombie, one is a witch, two are strong female warriors, and one is a dwarf. And some weird gender-ambiguous asiatic, plus a talking sword.

Is this the new normal in current_year?
What the fuck is wrong with any of that?
Everything. Except maybe the dwarf.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I was thinking about making a Skald PC, which would take greater beast totem to give Pounce to the entire party and just have a group of charging pouncing raging madmen!

which companions would work with such a strategy? I am afraid there is not enough that benefit to make it worthwhile. Any mythic powers to consider? Any of the companions that could be build into such a skald?

It doesn’t work yet, already tested. As for the rest figure it out for yoself - that’s the fun part. Just don’t worry about splashes and shit, single class works fine.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was thinking about making a Skald PC, which would take greater beast totem to give Pounce to the entire party and just have a group of charging pouncing raging madmen!

which companions would work with such a strategy? I am afraid there is not enough that benefit to make it worthwhile. Any mythic powers to consider? Any of the companions that could be build into such a skald?

It doesn’t work yet, already tested. As for the rest figure it out for yoself - that’s the fun part. Just don’t worry about splashes and shit, single class works fine.

Skald has always been a good support character for martial heavy groups. Just be aware that it's generally far less useful to casters than a regular Bard due to rage locking out most forms of casting.

Vatnik Wumao
Found some leaks pertaining to the Devil mythic path, just some mechanics-related stuff though.
You can get the Toybox mod from the Nexus and use it to unlock all mythic paths, Devil's also in there, but I don't know how much is implemented. Story related stuff though, I haven't seen any yet.
Eh, I'll just wait for the full release at this point since it isn't that far off.

On an unrelated note, who is the Vampire King that is mentioned in the Vampire King-Born (Sacred Ancestry) heritage for the Dhampir race?

Desiderius

Patron
Vatnik Wumao

Desiderius

Patron
I didn't buy P:K until five months in. May need to do that again. Main concern is that they leave stuff unfinished like they did with P:K.

Their quality control people are all storyphags so mechanical stuff just sits there and rots until the (brilliant) designers get directly involved.

Desiderius

Patron
Just noticed this after playing I don't know how many hours with Ember:

Hexes are Medium Range:

Medium Range Hex.jpg

Compare to most Ray spells which are Close Range:

Close Range.jpg

If you've played Bard and tried to figure out why you'd ever take Hold Person over Cacophonus Call the one thing you'll notice is that Hold is Medium and Call is Short.

Then if you test it the difference ends up being bigger than you think in all sorts of ways. This is probably why Cackle is so much harder to manage than expected outside of TB. On the other hand with this Swift teleport ability it saves you having to use a Move action on your first turn so you can Cackle the Hex you just cast instead.

Think I'll use Feats on Summoning and Dispelling and in-combat action economy on Hexes+Cackle and see how it goes.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
On an unrelated note, who is the Vampire King that is mentioned in the Vampire King-Born (Sacred Ancestry) heritage for the Dhampir race?
Maybe it's something they'll expand upon in-game? I imagine they included that heritage for balance reasons and to support a certain build type.

Vatnik Wumao
Maybe it's something they'll expand upon in-game? I imagine they included that heritage for balance reasons and to support a certain build type.
I wouldn't hold my hopes up. Such character details tended to have minimal dialogue impact in Kingmaker (e.g. no reaction from Harrim if your deity was Torag nor an option for you to invoke that when he destroys you-know-what).

Vatnik Wumao
I'm hoping to get some reactivity from Mephistopheles if I start as a Cleric of Asmodeus. Likewise with Regill if I become a Hellknight or Hellknight Signifier.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I actually got some Reactivity from Seelah when I turned her into a Cavalier - Way of the Sword. She said something about that order during camp time. I think this one?
Though it could be a reference to something unrelated. Still, it made me feel warm and fuzzy that the game (probably) acknowledge her being a Cavalier of the Way of Sword.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Well, I just finished the Shield Maze (I assume this is the tutorial section). First character attempt is an Oracle since I wanted to try one of the "new" classes since kingmaker. Started on hard and so far no major issues. None of the companions are grating on me too much so far, which is a bonus. The Water Elemental fight was a bit of a pleasant surprise, I wasn't expecting something like that thrown at you during the opening section. I can already predict the water elemental being the new "swarms" in terms of complaining when the game exits the beta.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm hoping to get some reactivity from Mephistopheles if I start as a Cleric of Asmodeus. Likewise with Regill if I become a Hellknight or Hellknight Signifier.

You can ask Regill how to become a Hellknight so I’m assuming that’s in game for those who meet the qualifications.

Desiderius

Patron
LOL started playing that Witch and DC on Hexes is 10 with 20 INT. Must be set on CHR for some reason.

Desiderius

Patron
I actually got some Reactivity from Seelah when I turned her into a Cavalier - Way of the Sword. She said something about that order during camp time. I think this one?
Though it could be a reference to something unrelated. Still, it made me feel warm and fuzzy that the game (probably) acknowledge her being a Cavalier of the Way of Sword.

My Halfling Cav is doing great. Dog has Fury's Fall and Trip from Bully Animal Subclass so is Tripping everything on Core on his initial Charge. Pathing has been fine since Charging into the fray to start each fight so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom