Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I finished the Codex quest. That's what got so many people mad? It's a bit long, but I completed it no problem.
What's the codex quest ?
One where they force you into TB mode even if you are playing RTwP.
Yeah the Fallout reference where not-Lilura inexplicably decides to side with demons and coerce innocent Vault Dwellers into sending her into the abyss.

I was already playing in TB so being forced didn't bother me (though Ember did bug out once) though there's nothing about it I'd say that necessitates turn-based.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I finished the Codex quest. That's what got so many people mad? It's a bit long, but I completed it no problem.
What's the codex quest ?
Yeah the Fallout reference where not-Lilura inexplicably decides to side with demons and coerce innocent Vault Dwellers into sending her into the abyss.

I was already playing in TB so being forced didn't bother me (though Ember did bug out once) though there's nothing about it I'd say that necessitates turn-based.
If you maintain your skillz you can bring her back to the light before the fight. It also requires solving a sort of puzzle midcombat/disarming some nasty traps.

Now that I get the gag I like it a lot better.

Desiderius

Patron
What's the codex quest ?

It’s a send-up of the TB jihadis here.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Spirit hunters have average BAB and spirit enchantment isn't enough to make up for that.

You have to compare her to the rest of the companions, as i'd rather use X and Y instead of her, because of max BAB.
So which companion with max BAB can do better than Camelia, which is a full divine caster?
Beside, we are talking about 1 less attack (at -5) and 5 BAB difference at level 20 in exchange of a lot of nice things that she comes with.

Can anyone tell me how exactly Best Jokes interacts with Zippy Magic?

1. I assume they both work together on the first cast. Zippy magic immediately duplicates the spell, then Best Jokes has to check DC and if successful can target another enemy. Correct?
2. Can further Best Jokes trigger more Zippy Magic? I guess technically it shouldn't, since you don't cast a new spell, but you know how these things are...
3. Can Zippy Magic trigger more Best Jokes? This should work, it's the same spell and you still have the Best Jokes feat to boost it...
4. Does Zippy Magic's minor damage for any spell targetting enemies work with Best Jokes? It should, spells still target enemies, it doesn't say you actually need to cast it.
5. Can enemies be hit multiple times?

In theory, it should be possible to get an infinite chain that hits and then kills all but 1 enemy in every group, assuming they aren't immune to Hideous Laughter.

Average Manatee If you cast Hideous Laughter with Zippy Magic, it targets two creatures. Each of those creatures who fail their save activate Best Jokes. Each initial enemy (two) takes 2d6+mythic rank damage. Damage does not proc on Best Jokes. Multiple enemies will be affected only in the instance that both initial targets fail their saves. Any enemies within 30' of each will have to save twice, and so on. Zippy Magic + Favorable Magic essentially guarantees that so long as there are more than 1 enemy on the field, all of them will have to save 4 times against a single cast of Hideous Laughter in the first round.

Hmm, I'm not understanding what you mean exactly.

Multiple enemies will be affected only in the instance that both initial targets fail their saves.
If only one fails their save and the other doesn't, Best Jokes won't proc to spread to a third?

Any enemies within 30' of each will have to save twice, and so on.
Zippy Magic + Favorable Magic essentially guarantees that so long as there are more than 1 enemy on the field, all of them will have to save 4 times against a single cast of Hideous Laughter in the first round.
How do these work, do they have to save twice or four times?

From what I'm getting from you it seems to work such that Zippy Magic only works on the first cast, meaning you have two hideous laughters that can independently trigger best jokes. So two independent chains can be going on, causing enemies to need to save up to twice, but each chain can still be independently interrupted by the saving. Is that correct?

Apparently infinite spread used to be possible but was patched out, sad that I'm too late :(

A combination of Hideous Laughter + Best Jokes + Zippy Magic was so funny that it was able to freeze the game - fixed;

Average Manatee If one fails and the other doesn't, everyone in proximity will still save twice. If both initial targets fail their save, then everyone has to roll 4 times. Twice because of two procs of Best Jokes, twice again because of Favorably Magic. Zippy Magic does only work on the the initial cast. If you don't have Favorable Magic, then everyone only saves twice, assuming both initial targets fail.

Desiderius

Patron
Add to that its not hard to get the save pretty high and you’re rolling over pretty much everything but a few bosses and mind-immunes.

volklore

Arcane
Any reason to pick up any of the DLCs if I just want to replay the main campaign and don't care about shifters?

Aarwolf

Learned
Some nice lore inserts from the new companion here and there, but nothing very special.
The rest of DLCs are of no importance to you and you should not bother.

ArchAngel

Arcane

This is kind of cute.

This is really unrealistic.
It will be either filled by posts about which character ingame resembles most our God Emperor Trump or there will be arguing which character had more sex changes by the end of the game and how fucking kids is the real pleasure of their last game.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

This is kind of cute.

This is really unrealistic.
It will be either filled by posts about which character ingame resembles most our God Emperor Trump or there will be arguing which character had more sex changes by the end of the game and how fucking kids is the real pleasure of their last game.

I agree with you. It is unrealistic.

I think in 2038 all these messages will be in Mandarin, and the remnants of so called "Americans" will be hiding in irradiated holes from Chinese terraforming squads.

Aarwolf

Learned
I think in 2038 all these messages will be in Mandarin, and the remnants of so called "Americans" will be hiding in irradiated holes from Chinese terraforming squads.

Nah, it will be just minor clashes at the ukrainian-chinese border.

is this game design like the first, a Monty Haul smorgasbord where every character has 20+ in all stats and magic items pour out of every tree knot and dead orcs anal cavity?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
is this game design like the first, a Monty Haul smorgasbord where every character has 20+ in all stats and magic items pour out of every tree knot and dead orcs anal cavity?
It's a campaign focused on mythic characters, it ramps that stuff up even further.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom