Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I found Full +2 before Mythril and iirc you can buy Fulls from the vendor. Which is moot unless there’s Armor like Chain of Comradery with other bonuses which is the main thing (after Weapon Training) motivating me to look at Fighter. Likewise if there’s a good Tower since Fighter is only class with Tower Prof.

There is one niche I can think of where I’d want to look at Mut Warrior: Effortless Dual Wielding best available one-handers *without Shatter* to hit Mind Immune bosses, using the three Feats saved on a good CM or as you suggested Vital Strike with Two-hander (preferably Glaive/Bardiche) and the Cleaves for non-bosses. That’s where you’d really need all that AB.

With Shatter it’s probably going to have the highest CMB available so if you can manage the speed issues you could Move + CM bosses if you can offset the INT malus.
There's only one highly rated tower shield I've found. It's a +4, evil only that gives an additional -2 to hit vs evil. Think I'll probably give that one a miss.

I'm still definitely more likely to include a barbarian (particularly a Mad Dog), a paladin, a bloodrider, or a cavalier than I am any variety fighter. Cavalry are just faster, better able to readjust position to attack, and better protected than foot sloggers.
Yeah that one’s bugged (45 lbs is a LOT of Mithril) or it would be good on Daeran in base game. Fighter is well positioned to eat the -2 and not everything (Pirates specifically) is Evil in the DLC anyway.

Pets/mounts have diminishing returns in base game but when you can buy +5 Bardings for a song its hard to justify passing that up.

The whole point of Armor Training is that it lets you wear Heavy/Towers *without* being a foot-slogger. Fighter’s Tactics + Shield Wall (always looking for a way to work in Shields so I can lose the mandatory Alch from P:K and damage is rarely an issue) + Shake it Off + Improved/Trained Initiative makes for a very resilient/smooth/self-sufficient character.

Have people won this on unfair/solo yet? Or I guess modified unfair, so at least your solo guy gets all the XP...

Also, is the game easier if you play with a reduced party and turn off the shared XP thing? Or I guess, easier before level cap at least...

Desiderius

Patron
So as a plain ol' fighter MC, what skills should I be focusing on? I see a lot of talk about stealth, please explain. Is the intention that I sneak my way up to targets with my fighter to start fights? Or just sneak within charge range? Does charge actually work right to start fights?

I respecced my fighter to have 13 int so I could get combat expertise and trip. Was this a foolish thing to do? Or a better question, what would you recommend for stats with a new fighter? And then, where should I be putting them on level up?
Yeah you can start the fight with multiple Charges in RTwP. With decent Stealth and 30ft range it should be doable.

Fighter has the most Feats in the game so certainly has room for CMs, then you can pick up Fighter’s Tactics at lvl 9 with Tandem Trip and Fury’s Fall to Trip about anything that can be.

Don’t worry about getting things wrong. It’s not a one-dimensional game. If you try something that isn’t working for you respec is cheap and now you’ve gotten better which is the fun of the game.

Desiderius

Patron
Have people won this on unfair/solo yet? Or I guess modified unfair, so at least your solo guy gets all the XP...

Also, is the game easier if you play with a reduced party and turn off the shared XP thing? Or I guess, easier before level cap at least...
Unfair (and Hard) is there once the game has gotten too easy for you on Core. That’s unlikely to happen anytime soon if you’re new at the game. In my experience Hard is about the cap for regular play then Unfair is for specific party designs.

With the reduced rest of the DLC Core seems like a good thing to shoot for for most players. This isn’t phone game faceroll.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Im playing first time on core+increased enemy tactics or something like that. It's between core and hard, i think anyone who play RPGs regularly will have good time at this difficulty. Unfair is only for those who know the pathfinder system inside and out.

Desiderius

Patron
BTW TTT has a Mythic that increases Armor Bonus of Armor by 50% capped by Mythic rank which is another incentive to look at a good Heavy.

Desiderius

Patron
Multiple charges? Why would I do that rather than focusing on the first guy? Or is the idea that I'm killing everyone in one charge?
Either to turn on Outflank on one tough target or to Trip one melee with your pet while getting the jump on a caster/ranged threat with your off-tank/assassin character.

If you have good initiative on your Chargers (a good idea) you’ll also get the first attack on the following round so the AC malus won’t come into play.

Desiderius

Patron
Haplo does Unfair because he’s incredibly good at creating one dominant character that owns the game almost single-handedly. I did Unfair on the base game by making a close to unkillable Leopard with Protective Luck backed up by an Azata Skald with Guarded Stance and Animal Totem.

Outside of specific builds like that Hard is about that limit for regular play even if you know the game inside and out. On this DLC even Hard is probably too much for my play level. I like the idea of Core with enhanced AI or whatever it is.

Multiple charges? Why would I do that rather than focusing on the first guy? Or is the idea that I'm killing everyone in one charge?
Either to turn on Outflank on one tough target or to Trip one melee with your pet while getting the jump on a caster/ranged threat with your off-tank/assassin character.

If you have good initiative on your Chargers (a good idea) you’ll also get the first attack on the following round so the AC malus won’t come into play.
What pet? But I have gotten outflank on my MC, unfortunately nobody else has it yet, but when we hit level 5 at least one other character will get it, probably 2, rogue boy and paladin girl. It's all elementary anyway, Lann just kills everyone himself lol.

I originally went with cleave and greater cleave, but it seems like less of a great idea than I first suspected, because often it's one especially tough guy giving me problems anyway, and if I'm reading the description correctly, cleave will only ever give one attack per target anyway. I figured it was better to boost my AB by any means available.

Desiderius

Patron
Rogue can’t at lvl 5 because his BAB is too low, but Seelah can and you definitely want to give her a Mount if you don’t have a pet yet. Her Stealth will be garbage but the Mount will give her a nice long Charge range.

Great Cleave lets you use it on all targets within range and Cleaving Finish gives you free attack when you kill something (which you will be doing a lot). Try to find a good Reach Weapon and Enlarge your Fighter to increase Cleave range.

Fighter is a good fit with Cleave because it takes s lot of Feats to support and Fighter has the most Feats in the game. You may want to Move + Cleave instead of Charging depending on whether you’re fighting one tough foe or several. Charge is +2 to hit but Cleave is a Standard Action so can be used on a turn with a Move.

Last edited:
So... where am I supposed to have gotten a mount from? I seem to be missing something, is that something available around the tavern defense part of the game? Because if they're just giving horses out I don't see why everyone shouldn't have one...

Desiderius

Patron
So... where am I supposed to have gotten a mount from? I seem to be missing something, is that something available around the tavern defense part of the game? Because if they're just giving horses out I don't see why everyone shouldn't have one...
Pal gets the choice of Mount or Divine Weapon Bond at lvl five. Read your character sheets - they’re important for planning your class progression.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found Full +2 before Mythril and iirc you can buy Fulls from the vendor. Which is moot unless there’s Armor like Chain of Comradery with other bonuses which is the main thing (after Weapon Training) motivating me to look at Fighter. Likewise if there’s a good Tower since Fighter is only class with Tower Prof.

There is one niche I can think of where I’d want to look at Mut Warrior: Effortless Dual Wielding best available one-handers *without Shatter* to hit Mind Immune bosses, using the three Feats saved on a good CM or as you suggested Vital Strike with Two-hander (preferably Glaive/Bardiche) and the Cleaves for non-bosses. That’s where you’d really need all that AB.

With Shatter it’s probably going to have the highest CMB available so if you can manage the speed issues you could Move + CM bosses if you can offset the INT malus.
There's only one highly rated tower shield I've found. It's a +4, evil only that gives an additional -2 to hit vs evil. Think I'll probably give that one a miss.

I'm still definitely more likely to include a barbarian (particularly a Mad Dog), a paladin, a bloodrider, or a cavalier than I am any variety fighter. Cavalry are just faster, better able to readjust position to attack, and better protected than foot sloggers.
My opinion is that using animal companions is cheating as they are way more powerful than in PnP. I try to use as little as I can. I will try to never have more than one per party.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Im playing first time on core+increased enemy tactics or something like that. It's between core and hard, i think anyone who play RPGs regularly will have good time at this difficulty. Unfair is only for those who know the pathfinder system inside and out.
That is what I always used, both in base game and in this latest DLC.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Really cool that you can use health potions as healing spells. Also almost got filtered at water elemental, fricking beginning of the game is already throwing shit at me.
If you are using turn based it is even better, using potions is a move action which means if you are only taking 5 foot steps you can both heal with a potion and do one attack or one casting in a round. Even better using potions does not provoke AoO so you can do that in the face of your enemies. This is a huge buff compared to PnP rules, probably too much. At least move action potion drinking is too much, not provoking AoE might be OK because nobody dares to use them in PnP during battles.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
ArchAngel On the other hand, in TB you can't as easily kite or cluster enemies at your tank. So i think some things that are easier in TB level out the things that are harder. In the end, TB can be easier or harder depending on encounter. I think TB is easier overall.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Relatively minor bug, but dead enemy started T-posing. Is that common?

aaa.jpg

Desiderius

Patron

My opinion is that using animal companions is cheating as they are way more powerful than in PnP. I try to use as little as I can. I will try to never have more than one per party.
With the addition of Barding (and the easy availability of highly Enchanted Bardings) along with the pathing changes where you can pretty much just stack characters in the same space I’m finally ready to agree with this.

With the pathing and the buffs required in P:K they weren’t as OP as made out to be but now it’s hard to defend not just going with Pet/Mounted classes whenever you can.

Polanski

Scholar
Also does changing difficulty up from Core break achievements? Enemies in chapter 4 can't seem to keep up anymore.
Changing difficulty on the run from Core to Hard for example, breaks all difficulty related achievements - like killing unique bosses on Core or higher, Sadistic Game Design and achievements for completing the game on Core/Unfair/Last Azlanti.
Are you should about this? Because I just read some stating otherwise on reddit.

All the achievements do say 'Core or above', so I would almost consider it a bug if it disabling them by switching from Core to Hard, but you never know with a game of this size :?

FriendlyMerchant

Also does changing difficulty up from Core break achievements? Enemies in chapter 4 can't seem to keep up anymore.
Changing difficulty on the run from Core to Hard for example, breaks all difficulty related achievements - like killing unique bosses on Core or higher, Sadistic Game Design and achievements for completing the game on Core/Unfair/Last Azlanti.
Are you should about this? Because I just read some stating otherwise on reddit.

All the achievements do say 'Core or above', so I would almost consider it a bug if it disabling them by switching from Core to Hard, but you never know with a game of this size :?
If anyone really cared about achievements, they could just use bag of tricks.

Polanski

Scholar

If anyone really cared about achievements, they could just use bag of tricks.
I care. But what would Bag of Tricks help? I would just like to make the game harder, without arbitrarily disabling achievements.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Got to late Act 5 (or so I think, at least) with both the Lich and the Azata characters. Feels a bit boring now. With proper pre-combat preparation, I wipe everything out without breaking a sweat on both. Without it, enemy stat Bloat is a bit too heavy to deal with even on Core, specially with the Azata MC where my Party relies on pre-buffing much more (the Lich MC can get away with one or two unprepared fights due to things like Greater Rods + Blood Feast and similar stupidly powerful, broken Lich Spells). Anything in-between feels like using meta-knowledge to kinda-gimp-myself-intentionally-but-not-really, which is just stupid.

I don't see this getting better with an increase in Difficulty, Unfair would just make me stick to the same tactics all that much more and min-max them further. At least on Core I get to have some fun with Overwhelming Presence on the Azata despite her being heavily spec'd for melee instead of Spellcasting, or killing enemies through Ability Score damage with the Lich (+ the Repurpose stuff).

Guess that means it's time to wrap it up. I still have Nenio's quest and "The Secrets of Creation" to go through on both characters before Iz, but some good folk in this thread have recommended a couple of Mods to help with those. I will gladly cheat my way through that unbearable garbage, because the puzzles so far have been suicide-inducing, and from what I've seen online, the ones you have to solve during these two quests are orders of magnitude worse.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom