Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The other subrace trades Ferocity for +1 all saves and +2 Nature Lore while keeping the Weapon familiarity (the main benefit of playing Half-Orc on a non-Martial). Why do you need Skilled? Sounds like you’re hyper concerned with very early game which Leopard + lvl 3 Barkskin + Iceplant all really help with. Does Shaman not get Prot Align? Cam does.

Since you’re starting late on your Slayer the Studied + full BAB isnt going to do much for awhile and as you’ve pointed out half the benefit from full BAB (faster iteratives) will be wasted in any case. Since Rowdy is always attacking at full AB the 3/4 is less of an issue and you’ve got a Booter and Alchemist to buff that a ton. Add in Hampering Hex and you shouldn’t have any issue at all, at least one that trashing your whole base class for a couple AB is going to solve.

because I hate Ferocity

Splashes Deliverer :facepalm:
The Slayer is not a front line fighter and is not going to be in a position to be targeted often, my two riders were going to be my front rank. I decided to go with Vanguard for the Rowdy/Slayer in the end, anyway. Studied on slayer is an immediate +1 at first level; Rowdy 4/Slayer 1 is BAB 4 (+1 studied) vs rowdy 5 BAB +3 which is a noticeable benefit. Things just get better from there.

Moving towards taking a Kitsune Arcane Rider and an Aasimar Ecclesitheurge rather than Human Cleric of Erastil and a Tiefling Incense Synthesizer.

Was trying to make sure every skill was adequately covered in the party and I needed the +1 point/level for human-raised (which meant I could dump Int to 7 on him and still pick up Perception and Knowledge: Religion with full skill ranks).
They… don’t get better from there since the Rowdy levels are now dead. You would have delayed getting the main benefits of the class for three/four lvls for a marginal benefit. Glad you saw the light. Rowdy is kind of a meme anyway since half the benefit of Debilitating is landing Rogue iteratives (Rogue gets much bigger benefit for itself) which Rowdy doesn’t use and it often hits so hard that Debilitating no longer matters. Alch can give Rowdy True Strike BTW.

The trick on Vanguard will be finding some way to buff Studied Target to make Vanguard’s Bond suck less, though I’d assume that Defensive Study should work with it so wouldn’t be awful.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://af.gog.com/game/pathfinder_..._treasure_of_the_midnight_isles?as=1649904300

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3225161106685090943

Set a Course for the Midnight Isles!

Ahoy, pathfinders!

The cursed ship has arrived! Set sail for the greatest treasure hunt in the history of the Abyss In the brand new DLC—The Treasure of the Midnight Isles!

This is the final DLC in the Season Pass 1, and if you have the Season Pass, it means you just need to download the DLC and put on your favorite pirate hat. If you don’t have the Season Pass, you can purchase the DLC separately:

Start a new game and select the Treasure of the Midnight Isles to play as a stand-alone, rogue-like campaign. Create different parties, try new classes, archetypes, and builds; you can even gain mythic powers from the mysterious crystals you find along the way. The game always starts in the Last Azlanti mode, but you can use Abyssal anchors to save your progress and try again after facing a particularly dangerous foe. Or you can accept the defeat, for the death of one party is the beginning of a new adventure for the next group.

And if you want to experience this adventure as your Commander, you can do this as well! The first chain of islands will become available in chapter 3, the second chain—in chapter 4, and the final expedition will take place in chapter 5. You can start the adventure any time before the end of chapter 5.

We are hoping you will enjoy this journey! Visit our discord server to chat with fellow sailors, and us, your Owlcats.

All aboard!

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Looking forward to playing that in 2024 once the devs get some free time from half-finishing the game after Rogue Trader.

With the way CPs work dumping stats is pretty bad and Cleric doesn’t get Perception as a Class Skill anyway. Both Ranger and Slayer should have you covered for Perception since Slayer can get Trapfinding and Ranger gets Favored Terrain.
Vanguard does get Uncanny Dodge so would do well on the front (probably why its called Vanguard) with Weapon and Shield Combat Style (Shield Mastery at lvl 6!) to double up Studied bonus and Defensive Study.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desiderius

Patron
I wouldn’t give up on the Incense Synthesizer if you’re playing TB. Always fun to try out an entirely different angle of attack and Infused Shield spell and the Touch debuff Bombs (Holy Bomb is good in this setting) makes things go a lot smoother even apart from the Incense.

You’ve got (more than) enough melee already.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
This is the roguelike mode like in kingmaker right ? Probably as dull and boring ,only for build test purpose, that if you are still interested in it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So is this new DLC supposed to be for combatfags who just want to fight and loot and not bother with dialogue? If so I'm probably diving right in.
Even more for buildfags as you can make your whole team from start and game supports it. Also you don't need to jump through hoops to get mythic abilities.

user

Savant
Got another one. Was in the end of the midnight fane on a save. Changed act and all of my quickslot items are completely gone. Toybox hasn't been updated yet so I can get them back.

Mortmal

Arcane
See! Not bought not played, yet i came to the same conclusions before even the review.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Now I just need to wait for Season Pass 2/Absolutely Legendary Mythic Final Edition before starting 2nd playthrough.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
lol whoops, got confused by Google because Steam is blocked by my company firewall.
I thought posting news on the Codex was your job? You mean you do it for free?

This guy has reviewed it:

This review was informative and awesome! And DLC sounds very nice, it seems they put a good amount of effort into it.

Just watched the vid. They bring back old creatures from Kingmaker, which means that some niche subclasses like Defender of the True World will be useful again. Incline.

ferratilis

Magister
I was thinking about starting a new run, but EE is coming out in a month, and saves probably won't be compatible. So a month it is.

Also:
image.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom