Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Still nobody offered advice on good divine magic focused melee that can also support with divine spells and that is not main character (so only access to companion Mythic powers).
Alternative would be a very good divine blaster or summoner that will have a lot of spells.
My main as it looks now will be Lich Sylvan Sorcerer so it will cover pet, skeleton companion and offensive spells.
Low rest makes it tough since I usually rely on rnd/lvl stuff to fight effectively with Cleric. Maybe this is the setting to dust off the old Mystic Theurge if you’ve got the patience. Buffs on one side, offensive spells on the other. With Ecclesitheurge piece to get the infinite +2 Blessing to use strategically for awhile.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
More deity reactivity: If you worship Gyronna and have Ember in your party when you meet Hulrun at the marketplace, you can curse him with blindness, after which he turns hostile.

Pretty cool from the devs to put a disproportionate amount of effort into this, I don't know any other rpg where deity selection matters as much as here. Seems like most deities come up at least once somewhere in the game and have a mechanical effect in gameplay. Though I picked Nethys once and I don't think that ever mattered, so he might be and exception.

I hate atheism in fantasy because it makes no goddamned sense, but I'm playing one now because I didn't figure Demon made much sense if you went around paying homage to a God, and there's been a fairly impressive amount of reactivity. You can discuss it with Ember at length, and you're downright immune to Garrison Succubus' Dominate-attempt, which is p. cool
Atheism is more along the lines of "powerful beings exist but none of them are worthy of my worship" or just "I don't want to worship them." Ember is a pretty good example of how an atheist in the setting would think, she acknowledges they exist but sees them as basically mortals without the mortality. Sort of like how Abrahamic religions would view the Greek Gods as petty and not particularly deific.

If you look at the reasons people do worship the gods in this setting it's for direct gain, basically the same as swearing yourself to a King to gain his favor. IIRC atheists are still sorted by Pharasma into the afterlife of their alignment so there's no particular benefit to worship there either, be a good person and you'll still get a good afterlife.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Mythic upgrade lol. Somehow still missing the concept of opportunity cost. Still not getting this. “I can make this almost relevant with a Mythic” is… not a good thing. Mythics are valuable.

Had forgotten Improved Quarry is Insight so no stack with Inspiring Command and True Strike for instance. And yeah the Mut is up front while Improved Quarry is the endgame design I usually give people shit about.

Makes sense. I’m just a sucker for how much easier Free Action is to use in RTwP than Swift, but you’re getting a solid boost from those Fighter levels no doubt.

Well what else to pick as mythic feat for a ranged single class slayer? There aren't a lot of choices

Tsubutai

Educated
I was a bit disappointed with the reactivity to choosing Irori as your god - the only two instances I encountered were during the conversation with Staunton in the tavern during Act I (he tells you his life story, you say something about how Irori teaches that suffering builds strength, he more or less tells you to fuck off with your shitty platitudes) and a conversation with Yaker about the Godclaw where you basically call him a heretic who doesn't understand Irori's teachings at all.

user

Savant
Btw, last time I played as a Lich, repurposed monsters were getting stuck at area transitions (via skill checks or transitions that didn't require loading in general e.g. caves). Now that doesn't seem to be the case.

x0nEYjf.png

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I was a bit disappointed with the reactivity to choosing Irori as your god - the only two instances I encountered were during the conversation with Staunton in the tavern during Act I (he tells you his life story, you say something about how Irori teaches that suffering builds strength, he more or less tells you to fuck off with your shitty platitudes) and a conversation with Yaker about the Godclaw where you basically call him a heretic who doesn't understand Irori's teachings at all.

Well, most of the other gods are like that as well.
Still better than Kingmaker where there was 0 reactivity?

Desiderius

Patron
Well what else to pick as mythic feat for a ranged single class slayer? There aren't a lot of choices
I broke down three screens of good ones somewhere upthread.

Extra Mythic Ability (Cleaving, Distracting, Ranging Shots are all good, and that's before getting into Inspiring Leader (good to put on noncaster), Last Stand, Unstoppable, Defensive Study (not as necessary ranged unless you're Snap Shotting), and Ever Ready again with Snap Shot. Mythic Feats if you want AB you've got Mythic Rapid and can always use the Mythic Feat side for a regular Feat, so you're spending equivalent of two Feats for 3 AB. I like a Mythic Skill Focus later to take ten on a key skill or Mythic Save to get advantage on weak Save.

Mythic Improved Initiative is probably the most subtly powerful Mythic in the game. Lets you get that first Sneak in on a Flat-footed target to establish Studied automatically. Makes up for not having Uncanny Dodge (if you don't take it).

Archer's going to be boring if you're playing it one-dimensionally but Slayer sets up well to be your Scout (replacing Aru) with very high Stealth, Perception, and Trickery. You can use Mythic Feats to eliminate RNG and the Defensive/Snap Shot Mythics let you open combat from a forward position and take all comers instead of hanging in the back.

I'm on TTT now which gives a wealth of options but there's room to get creative on game-changing stuff even in vanilla and Mythics are pretty backloaded in any case so the stuff that matters most is in first four Mythic choices.

UCGrenadier.jpg

This is interesting. Accidently retrained Angel (and forgot to memorize Angel spells so no Divine Favor) into Underground Chemist 4/Grenadier. Meant to do Trickster.

The regular Grenadier Bombs don't get Sneaks/Debilitating but the Alchemical Weapon Ability on Grenadier does and can be stacked onto the first Bomb you throw every turn (Edit: looks like it doubles every Bomb you throw, Ghost just died too fast). Grenadier has Martial Prof and UC has Finesse/Finesse Training so can play as melee character (with Feral Mutation) then switch to Bombs for Touch attacks. Alchemical Weapon can also be used with weapon attacks if you buy enough Bombs. Looks like it pulls them automatically out of inventory too.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You have to admit: for those who wanted it the photo mode looks really good. Yes, Owlcat broke the code that was working for more than a year, introduced critical bugs in Act 1, and had to issue 3 or 4 hotfixes; but the photo mode looks really good.

Which means that with Owlcat - as with Chinese manufacturers - everything is about priorities. Your "class not working" complaints are low priority issues. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
You have to admit: for those who wanted it the photo mode looks really good. Yes, Owlcat broke the code that was working for more than a year, introduced critical bugs in Act 1, and had to issue 3 or 4 hotfixes; but the photo mode looks really good.

Which means that with Owlcat - as with Chinese manufacturers - everything is about priorities. Your "class not working" complaints are low priority issues. Deal with it.
Slav > Han or we’re all screwed.

Man up already.

Desiderius

Patron
I try to stun Vrocks before they can Stun me (or at least use something that doesn’t require an attack roll).

I think Magic Missile gets an Image per Missile? Always meant to try that.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I try to stun Vrocks before they can Stun me (or at least use something that doesn’t require an attack roll).

I think Magic Missile gets an Image per Missile? Always meant to try that.
Don't think it should do this, as there is no attack roll for Magic Missile.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom