Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC coming June 13th

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can't bear to do that - what does good report get you lol?
There is points system in his quest - gather enough red flags and he is serious in his last quest.
Other points are 1 - chaotic mythic path, 2 - accepting Nocti's profane gift, 3 - trying to befriend Baphomet. Gathering at least 3/4 means you lose Regill after his second assessment.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, I discovered an interesting bug. Invisibility (as in, the 2nd-level spell) gives you permanent concealment bonuses. The Succubus at Tirabade Residence has Invisibility at the start of the fight, then she hits one of my dudes and of course it drops. And then she keeps attacking as if she still has the Invisibility.

Owlcat... you were doing so well.

Yeah, that's pretty nasty. Had that also. But it can be solved fairly easily AFAIR. If you dispel her Invisibility with Glitterdust or such, the Concealment should be gone too, I think?

Yosharian

Arcane
So, I discovered an interesting bug. Invisibility (as in, the 2nd-level spell) gives you permanent concealment bonuses. The Succubus at Tirabade Residence has Invisibility at the start of the fight, then she hits one of my dudes and of course it drops. And then she keeps attacking as if she still has the Invisibility.

Yeah, that's pretty nasty. Had that also. But it can be solved fairly easily AFAIR. If you dispel her Invisibility with Glitterdust or such, the Concealment should be gone too, I think?
Nope.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Check out the stacking bonuses:

View attachment 30921

Chainmail of Dragonfly is +2 (not the +1 on the description) and stacks with other Insight bonuses like True Strike and Inspiring Command. Regill's Aura is Morale bonus that stacks with other Morale bonuses.

BTW this is Exhausted (Angler cast Waves of Fatigue on team first thing) and forgot to cast Divine Favor (from Aeon).

View attachment 30920

Tank Seelah getting her debuffing machine rolling.

View attachment 30922

Sos also Exhausted but just keeps slaying.

And Order of the Lion For the King! competence bonus stacks with Lethal Stance / Guarded Hearth...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Nope.
I remember there was some fix. See Invisible perhaps? Faerie Fire?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I really hate this game design of here is a mob with 47 ac and 22 touch ac, you better have some touch spells. After beating the incubus and kalavakus encounter in the platform in blackwater, I thought at least that is over, walk a little bit to left and now there are incubus with even more ac, at least arue has demons of magic as her favored enemy.

Same goes for all the swarms, trivial with AoE damage and extremely difficult without it. I kill Xanthir in two seconds flat, he barely finishes his summons then turns into bunch of swarms and I was rolled by them first time. Reloaded, gave woljif and daeran bunch of aoe damage scrolls and walked away and cast them as soon as they spawned and they all died in 2 seconds.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I really hate this game design of here is a mob with 47 ac and 22 touch ac, you better have some touch spells. After beating the incubus and kalavakus encounter in the platform in blackwater, I thought at least that is over, walk a little bit to left and now there are incubus with even more ac, at least arue has demons of magic as her favored enemy.

Same goes for all the swarms, trivial with AoE damage and extremely difficult without it. I kill Xanthir in two seconds flat, he barely finishes his summons then turns into bunch of swarms and I was rolled by them first time. Reloaded, gave woljif and daeran bunch of aoe damage scrolls and walked away and cast them as soon as they spawned and they all died in 2 seconds.

Well, in Blackwater Shatter Defenses + a source of Shaken is really handy...

As for swarms, the Bane of Spirit relic ring is a bit of a clutch solution (also to incorporeal enemies). Feels a bit cheap to use it, but oh well... those are cheaty enemies anyway.
Later on some mythic paths can convert all damage to types that can hurt them. Angel comes to mind with Swordof Holy damage and Golden Dragon has some similar ability. Not sure who else.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
None of the enemies in Black Water has True Sight. Greater Invisibility on couple of best performers do wonders against them.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
None of the enemies in Black Water has True Sight. Greater Invisibility on couple of best performers do wonders against them.
Don't the succubuses have TS? Though they are not the nastiest enemies there.

FreeKaner

Well, in Blackwater Shatter Defenses + a source of Shaken is really handy...

As for swarms, the Bane of Spirit relic ring is a bit of a clutch solution (also to incorporeal enemies). Feels a bit cheap to use it, but oh well... those are cheaty enemies anyway.
Later on some mythic paths can convert all damage to types that can hurt them. Angel comes to mind with Swordof Holy damage and Golden Dragon too. Not sure who else.

I do have bane of spirit indeed, but still it lasts one round and it is extremely micro intensive. I play demon so I just teleported around myself. It was doable but the difference between having ascendant element electricity + chain lightning vs. not having it is insane.

I got shatter defenses on my cavalier and camilia, I had to do an actual dazzling display because I couldn't get hits in even with challenge and charge (at level 13 no less). Here is a fun fact, attacking enemies on the ground triggers dreadful carnage, the result by the end of that combat was funny.

image.png

proxon

Educated
Those gallu fuckers from chapter six are hardest enemies in the game indeed, especially because they show up after cutscenes or behind walls and you can't charge them before they cast. Weird with blacksmith rod is the cleanest way to deal with them.

FreeKaner

A lot of the game's toughest encounters can be solved simply by stacking SP and DC and casting phantasmal killer or weird. Worst comes to worst I will bring Nenio to solve the problem, I am not sure if she can stack DC high enough without expanded arsenal but it should be close.

FreeKaner

The absolute minimum amount of bonuses required to hit a Greater Kalavakus in Blackwater if you don't have touch attacks, flat-footed because of shatter defenses, passed the trip check on charge with mighty charge:

image.png

Cornugon smash works quite well with mighty charge at this stage, it means that if the hit connects the trip will too because it targets flat-footed AC in same charge and benefits from aspect of schir as well. When I get the aspect of kalavakus too with extra CMB and one more free attack on trip my charge should be oneshotting even the Gallu.

Only problem is pathing is jank and angling the charge can be difficult, even with demon charge teleporting.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You’re, uh, missing a LOT of bonuses there. Time for Haplo school for you.

FreeKaner

You’re, uh, missing a LOT of bonuses there. Time for Haplo school for you.

I am not going to play with recruits with minmaxed builds like scald or BFT, thank you. Only actual companions, no rerolls, only classes that make sense for those companions so nearly no dips.

I am fighting a Succubus in Act 1 that has 40 AC. Is 31 AC meant to be scary or something?

It is 35ac on flat-foot, normally 47. I also killed that Succubus just so you know, though she has more like 30 ac on core? This is not meant to be a "boast", I dislike this system that requires stacking so many bonuses to match a flat-footed enemy AC. It is such bloatware and unfair even more so.

Yosharian

Arcane

I am not going to play with recruits with minmaxed builds like scald or BFT, thank you. Only actual companions, no rerolls, only classes that make sense for those companions so nearly no dips.

I am fighting a Succubus in Act 1 that has 40 AC. Is 31 AC meant to be scary or something?

It is 35ac on flat-foot, normally 47. I also killed that Succubus just so you know, though she has more like 30 ac on core? This is not meant to be a "boast", I dislike this system that requires stacking so many bonuses to match a flat-footed enemy AC. It is such bloatware and unfair even more so.
Ehh that's fair I guess, for a non-minmaxed party it's challenging.

I just think if you aren't exploiting Shatter on the higher difficulties then you're playing the game badly and you have no right to complain.

And yeah that Succubus is a complete cunt on Unfair stats, 40 AC and she has permanent concealment. Had to get my Woljif build to tank her because he has Uncanny Dodge.

She's piss easy if you have access to Dispel though, but I was only level 5 at the time and annoyingly Arcanist is a level behind Wizard on progression. Serves me right for respeccing Nenio into an Alchemist to deal with those rat swarms I guess

FreeKaner

Ehh that's fair I guess, for a non-minmaxed party it's challenging.

I just think if you aren't exploiting Shatter on the higher difficulties then you're playing the game badly and you have no right to complain.

And yeah that Succubus is a complete cunt on Unfair stats, 40 AC and she has permanent concealment. Had to get my Woljif build to tank her because he has Uncanny Dodge.

She's piss easy if you have access to Dispel though, but I was only level 5 at the time and annoyingly Arcanist is a level behind Wizard on progression. Serves me right for respeccing Nenio into an Alchemist to deal with those rat swarms I guess

I use shatter defenses with charge, that is why it is down to 31 AC, but normally it is actually 48. Indeed succubus need to be dispelled, at least you get that glasses in act 3 that gives you an automatic 20 roll once.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Since game broke my DLC 3 run and it seems it is not coming back I have decided to start my Monk Aeon run that I have been putting off for a while. Made a Human Sensei, plan is to make it an ultimate support character with Sensei bonuses and Aeon bonuses to party. And since I don't have Flurry and I will be maxing out Wisdom to get more hit and AC my damage will suck but I can stunning fist + dispel instead while giving bonuses to whole party.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I don’t either.

I’m talking basic skills, spells, and abilities. You’re barely scratching the surface.

“Why do you care/single-player game”

Because memes like this is how shit gets needlessly nerfed.

Git mediocre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom