Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Her having issues with the game at the start reminded me of something. If your game is taking forever to load, just ctr + alt + del, open task manager, then end the game's process. It's not super common, but the game sometimes does suffer from infinite loading. No idea what causes it. Used to be more pronounced during release. Also, you don't have to reinstall the game if you're having issues with it.

Efe

Erudite
shes not very tech inclined from what i see these two streams.
did they fire the old streamguy? (arsenik?)

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Well that stream was fun. They didn't really say anything of significance about the sequel. Which is a shame. I just want more monk archetypes, and more monk styles, pleeeaassseee.
>did they fire the old streamguy?
No clue. I don't really follow their twitch thingy.

Funposter

Arcane
Can you play a human or do you have to play those LGBTQ+ races? I'll have to pass if you can only play those freaky races.
Yes you can play as a Human and they fit every role in the game very well, although non-human races will always be slightly more optimized. Elf wizards will always be able to dump STR more than a human can etc.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't humans get an extra feat? That's huge and much more valuable in terms of builds than an extra 2 points in STR.

Funposter

Arcane
Don't humans get an extra feat? That's huge and much more valuable in terms of builds than an extra 2 points in STR.
They do, but I'd often find myself struggling to find feats that I needed. Maybe I'm just retarded, or maybe there's some classes where feats are more valuable than others.

Lacrymas

Arcane
it usually allows you to get feats with steep prerequisites faster than you would've otherwise, which means it might allow you to get into a prestige class faster. It basically accelerates that kind of progression and it might even allow you to squeeze more levels out of a prestige class than you would've otherwise, especially if the level cap is 20. It was quite a problem in NWN1/2 because humans had such an insane advantage over other races, there was almost no mechanical reason to play the others.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
it usually allows you to get feats with steep prerequisites faster than you would've otherwise, which means it might allow you to get into a prestige class faster. It basically accelerates that kind of progression and it might even allow you to squeeze more levels out of a prestige class than you would've otherwise, especially if the level cap is 20. It was quite a problem in NWN1/2 because humans had such an insane advantage over other races, there was almost no mechanical reason to play the others.

Not to say the human free feat isn't insanely good (they are pretty much always one of the best races to play for most classes, with a few exceptions), but it's pretty rare to see prestige classes out in the field in Pathfinder tabletop play. They tend to be for quite niche builds.

The other combination you always see munchkins going for on the tabletop is Half Orc with Sacred Tattoo (+1 luck bonus to all saves) and Fates Favoured trait (+1 to all luck bonuses).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Feats are good but there are a lot of trash feats so you have to know your way around the feat list

Yeah, there are a lot of trap choices in both 3.5 and PF. A lot of the most powerful feats are part of long chains, so wasted feats can really screw you if one of those feat chains is required for a build.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Really depends. In case of Wizard Elves, elves get +2 Int, +2 Dex and -2 Con. Humans will just take +2 Int. Elves get free Spell Penetration while humans will get that with their free feet.
All there is left than is +1 skill point per level vs multiple other bonuses elves get. And it is even worse in PnP where elves can also rest for 4 hours instead of 8 which is important in many situations (edit: hmm not sure if this still exists in Pathfinder or it was only in 3.5 dnd; I quit playing pathfinder many years ago).

Lacrymas

Arcane
The free feat is only really huge when going for other feats with steep prerequisites or prestige classes, or even just freeing you to multiclass sooner, which most munchkiny builds tend to do, while if you are going pure Wizard something else would be more appropriate. Even then, only very few pure classes benefit from not being human, that was true in 3.5E too. Wasn't this a huge point of criticism for it actually? It was extremely lame to go human all the time in NWN too, to the point of me just searching for random build ideas that didn't involve being a human. My current PF:K char is Tiefling Druid/Rogue (for now) because I wanted to see how well a totally random whim of mine that didn't involve humans would go

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Humans have served me well for martial based builds. That extra feat has prevented me from pulling my hair out in early unfair. Being able to waste a feat on some extra survivability is quite potent. Tieflings and Aasimars are nice, sure, but I've gotten over stat min maxing after realizing that stats are irrelevant due to the items you are given in the late game.

Having more feats is a fucking god send in this fucking game. Doubly so when you're playing on Unfair.

Dodo1610

Arcane
It's only 8 days until the Kickstarter where we will get new info and gameplay.

Owlcat Games even has a daily countdown on their social media sites.
EPTcf8pWoAA_n4F

Her having issues with the game at the start reminded me of something. If your game is taking forever to load, just ctr + alt + del, open task manager, then end the game's process. It's not super common, but the game sometimes does suffer from infinite loading. No idea what causes it. Used to be more pronounced during release. Also, you don't have to reinstall the game if you're having issues with it.
still happens to me every time I reload my computer. I have to try and load it, it will freeze right as the first load bar fills up, then I ctrl-alt-delete out, and then reload it and it works every time. Been like that since the beginning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom