Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
This new Horse Master ability on Cav means you can splash Cav4 and get a full Mount even with 16 levels of a non-pet class, right?
There is 3 new roads to getting full mount in TTT I know of:
- feats, Nature Soul + Animal Ally + Boon Companion
- Cavalier 4 + Horse Master (feat, Mobility 6 prereq)
- 1 level of any pet class + Loremaster 1, Combat Feat to get Horse Master
In case of Loremaster, prereqs for PrC are higher in the mod, so you need to pay a feat tax with Skill Focus + 3 Metamagic or Crafting skills (not much of the problem, Wizard has Scribe Scroll for free, there is backgrounds with Brew Potions or Scribe Scroll), also needs 2 Lore Skills at 7 so Loremaster could only be taken on lvl 8.

But Boon only cancels four non-pet levels while Horse Master cancels them all, right?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This new Horse Master ability on Cav means you can splash Cav4 and get a full Mount even with 16 levels of a non-pet class, right?
There is 3 new roads to getting full mount in TTT I know of:
- feats, Nature Soul + Animal Ally + Boon Companion
- Cavalier 4 + Horse Master (feat, Mobility 6 prereq)
- 1 level of any pet class + Loremaster 1, Combat Feat to get Horse Master
In case of Loremaster, prereqs for PrC are higher in the mod, so you need to pay a feat tax with Skill Focus + 3 Metamagic or Crafting skills (not much of the problem, Wizard has Scribe Scroll for free, there is backgrounds with Brew Potions or Scribe Scroll), also needs 2 Lore Skills at 7 so Loremaster could only be taken on lvl 8.

But Boon only cancels four non-pet levels while Horse Master cancels them all, right?

Well I've lately seen Boon compensate for 5 but.... more or less, yeah.

The price is having nerfed mounted combat and nerfed mounted charges...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Only from optimisation POV the scythe's rare crits are not very good for the EK's capstone to Swift cast spells.
That is why I'll switch to some Falchions, Estocs or maybe Elven Curved blades later, hadn't decided yet. But image is too cool to pass)

Sounds good!
Please keep us updated how it goes.

Might even tempt me to join the Dark Side :)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I guess nothing when you play with Tabletop Tweaks :p

In vanilla it provides a long-lasting stackable Charisma bonus that is not expanded - and Charisma has many uses (DC for Charisma casters, Smite Evil/Mark of Justice boost, Smite Chaos, saves boost with Divine Grace/Bestow, skill boost).

Desiderius

Patron
I guess nothing when you play with Tabletop Tweaks :p

In vanilla it provides a long-lasting stackable Charisma bonus that is not expanded - and Charisma has many uses (DC for Charisma casters, Smite Evil/Mark of Justice boost, Smite Chaos, saves boost with Divine Grace/Bestow, skill boost).

So it's bugged to not go away after the check?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Not sure about the Skillchecks. But it does not go away with Smite Evil or casting Charisma based spells.

Yosharian

Arcane
I think it does go away after checks, but those are so few and far between that it barely matters. You're not going to get CHA checks mid-dungeon usually, and he can just recast it if need be because you get a bunch of casts per day

For those that don't know, Touch of Glory gives an Untyped bonus to Charisma for a maximum of one hour that is equal to half the class levels of the class that gave you access to the ability.

So a level 20 Cleric grants +10 CHA

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah I think it’s supposed to act like Guidance and is just miscoded. Would have been funny to be the guy who discovered it. I was close but got caught up in trying to figure out how good second ability was and decided too narrow.

Parabalus

Arcane
Any fast way to activate the DLC additions for the main campaign?

Outside of, well, playing the DLCs.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wait they changed some mythic path abilities to scale of highest stat?

0q3wuwnf2k091.png

Isn't this strong for gishes? It scales off STR. I wonder what else is strong, Tainted Sneak Attack comes to mind.

Sarathiour

Cipher
It was obviously thought out for CHA and WIS caster, but it would be indeed quite funny if it also work with STR. Nevertheless, as written, you still have to bypasse the SR.

Desiderius

Patron
It was obviously thought out for CHA and WIS caster, but it would be indeed quite funny if it also work with STR. Nevertheless, as written, you still have to bypasse the SR.

No, I think it was more designed for martials/Rogues so the Mythic Offensive Spells weren’t just a waste of space for them. As we’ve been over, it’s balenzed by the fact they still can’t merge.

Even throws a bone to Kinnies finally.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait they changed some mythic path abilities to scale of highest stat?

0q3wuwnf2k091.png

Isn't this strong for gishes? It scales off STR. I wonder what else is strong, Tainted Sneak Attack comes to mind.

Unless it was fixed...tainted sneak attack did absolutely nothing, exept giving you a 1d6 sneak dice :/

I used it to qualify for arcane trickster without multiclassing and losing 1 CL but surely felt like a waste since it was not working.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Any fast way to activate the DLC additions for the main campaign?

Outside of, well, playing the DLCs.
I've been trying to get hold of a 'perfect' savegame, the guy who said he'd pass me his save hasn't got back to me yet though

Edit: ok apparently he messed something up and he has to do it all over again to fix it sigh

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Jubilost's DC breakdown with the Touch of Glory buff:
Spell DC Breakdown:
  • +10 Base
  • +17 Charisma
  • +1 Ring of Circumstances
  • +2 Robe of Water (Cold)
  • +2 Elemental Focus (Cold)
  • +2 Spell Focus feats (Evocation, Conjuration - +1 for Illusion)
  • +3 Rod of Flaming Vengeance (Evocation)
  • +2 School Power (Evocation)
  • +1 Gnome Magic (Illusion)
  • +4 Rod of Power Source (Conjuration)
  • +1-9 Spell Level
    • DC 39 (Weird)
    • DC 43 (Clashing Rocks)
    • DC 48 (Mass Icy Prison)
Marvellous! (Sorry this isn't Wrath but I can't be arsed to find the KM thread)

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Edit: ok apparently he messed something up and he has to do it all over again to fix it sigh
I have clean save without mods from DLC 1, should give access to all items from the secret boss. It is not exactly perfect - for this you would need a Lich save for some Lich-specific item. If you want, I can give that one to you.

Yosharian

Arcane
I have clean save without mods from DLC 1, should give access to all items from the secret boss. It is not exactly perfect - for this you would need a Lich save for some Lich-specific item. If you want, I can give that one to you.
I think the main things are the Flawless Headband of Mental Perfection +8, Belt of Physical Perfection +6, and the Flawless Ring of Protection +7. Those are the ones you need to kill a certain boss to get, on at least Hard difficulty.

I don't know what the other items are, maybe they are useful too but these are the main ones

I would greatly appreciate it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom