Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Peter Molyneux Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fable 2; Lionhead Studios; Peter Molyneux

<p>Eurogamer <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/lionheads-peter-molyneux-interview_1" target="_blank">conducted an interview</a> with RPG Godfather Peter Molyneux himself.</p>
<blockquote>
<p class="interviewQuestion"><strong><span class="whoistalking">Eurogamer</span>: You said there were aspects of Fable II you weren't happy with. Eurogamer gave it 10/10 and it sold millions of copies.</strong></p>
<p class="interviewAnswer"><span class="whoistalking">Peter Molyneux</span>: I know you did. That was one of the first reviews that we saw. You know, this is what you don't realise being journalists - and you should, you should do this, it would make your life so amazing - when you give a score to a game, you should cherry pick one of those teams and you should go to them with the score. What you don't see is what we do when we see that review.</p>
<p class="interviewQuestion"><strong><span class="whoistalking">Eurogamer</span>: What do you do?</strong></p>
<p class="interviewAnswer"><span class="whoistalking">Peter Molyneux</span>: You know what I'm going to say now: 'It's f***ing amazing!' I can remember getting that Eurogamer score - because remember, this is where honesty comes in - before that you had been really critical about Lionhead. These things hurt, just like anything else.</p>
<p>I can remember standing in the studio holding up this f***ing 10/10 from Eurogamer. Everybody cheered. It was great. It was like getting a huge award. It really was. You never see that. The press never sees what it feels like to get a 10/10.</p>
</blockquote>
<p><em>These things hurt, just like anything else. </em>Nothing enough Valium can't fix.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98889-peter-molyneux-interview.html">GB</a></p>

relootz

Scholar
Molyneux is a synonym for the steepest decline man ever witnessed.

Razz

Educated
The world will be a much better place when game reviewers start scoring everything much higher so the devs can feel good about themselves :smug:. It's win-win: journalists make game devs happy by handing out 10/10, journalists are happy because they've made someone happy. Gamers are tricked into thinking the game is worth paying for and worth liking. They enjoy their entertainment experience because they think they SHOULD (the profeshunals liked it!), thus they are happy. The economy grows because money is being spent.

More 10/10s please.

ChristofferC

Magister
Razz said:
The world will be a much better place when game reviewers start scoring everything much higher so the devs can feel good about themselves :smug:. It's win-win: journalists make game devs happy by handing out 10/10, journalists are happy because they've made someone happy. Gamers are tricked into thinking the game is worth paying for and worth liking. They enjoy their entertainment experience because they think they SHOULD (the profeshunals liked it!), thus they are happy. The economy grows because money is being spent.

More 10/10s please.
Yeah games are like wine. People think that games that get high reviewer scores are better in the same way that they think that expensive wine tastes better.

Quilty

Magister
This is either pure lunacy or one of the prime examples of that hideous corporate EXCITEMENT-TALK!!!

Either way, :decline:

Der_Unbekannte

Educated
relootz said:
Molyneux is a synonym for the steepest decline man ever witnessed.

This, or he is an evil genius.

If he really is just as stupid as the typical XBAWKS gamer than well, shithead retarded.
But if he's not, he certainly knows how to analyse.
He knows exactly what casualgamers want, and I must admit that his games are good, at least for casual gamers.
He just doesn't give a shit about inclining the quality of video games. He's like a Hollywood-filmproducer. Building up shit, ruining the whole genre, but making shittons of money.

So he is talented. And I hope that one day he thinks too himself: "Fuck consumers, I want to make a game that is considered perfect".
Then he takes some valium, implements a fartingsystem and declines.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PETER MOLYNEUX: GIVE US 10/10 FOR FABLE 3 OR WE WILL BE VERY SAD AND CRY ALL OVER BECAUSE IT WOULD HURT :((((

CRAAAAWLING INNN MY SKIIIIIIN
THESE WOOOUUNDS THEY WILLL NOT HEAAAALL

MisterStone

Arcane
The field of "video game journalism" has got to be about the most disgustingly incestuous and depraved undertaking in all of online media.

Der_Unbekannte

Educated
Konjad said:
PETER MOLYNEUX: GIVE US 10/10 FOR FABLE 3 OR WE WILL BE VERY SAD AND CRY ALL OVER BECAUSE IT WOULD HURT :((((

STOP QUOTING LINKIN PARK FFS! EVERY TIME SOMEONE DOES I GET THEM AS CATCHY SONG AND HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEM! IT MELTS MY BRAIN! STOP IT!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Der_Unbekannte said:
Konjad said:

STOP QUOTING LINKIN PARK FFS! EVERY TIME SOMEONE DOES I GET THEM AS CATCHY SONG AND HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEM! IT MELTS MY BRAIN! STOP IT!

CAPS LOCK SURE IS AWESOME FEEL THE RAGE

I wonder if anyone has ever said anything negative to Peter in his entire life. Maybe he is like an unspoilt blossom, fresh and new to the world, natural and sincere in his simplicity. :M

StrangeCase

Educated
ITT: Peter awkwardly bares his soul; the Codex blushes and makes a few half-hearted jabs at him to hide its own discomfort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom