Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

cw8

Cipher
I was a backer. Finally started playing last week. Failed my first campaign on Hero because I do not know the mechanics and was playing it like X-COM 1, playing my 2nd game on Veteran, doing better but not sure if I can complete before the doomsday clock runs out. 50 hours in? Guess I can say I like the game, feels like there's good challenge and many options and several builds available to experiment with. The haven defense do get tedious at one point. What builds do you guys mostly use? I just got acquainted with the Sniper/Infiltrator and they seem to hit like a truck. Love the heavy Destiny 3 laser as well.

razvedchiki

Erudite
soldier/technician is what i use for techs builds, tech is kinda mediocre to lvl up in his original class plus you may or may not have access to the turrets when you lvl him up.
instead i lvl a soldier normally and when i have all the tech needed for a tech to shine i switch to that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was a backer. Finally started playing last week. Failed my first campaign on Hero because I do not know the mechanics and was playing it like X-COM 1, playing my 2nd game on Veteran, doing better but not sure if I can complete before the doomsday clock runs out. 50 hours in? Guess I can say I like the game, feels like there's good challenge and many options and several builds available to experiment with. The haven defense do get tedious at one point. What builds do you guys mostly use? I just got acquainted with the Sniper/Infiltrator and they seem to hit like a truck. Love the heavy Destiny 3 laser as well.
Doomsday clock is very generous.

My favorite class is Heavy with Grenade Launcher and rockets. With Boom Blast skill you can shoot 2 grenades and 1 rocket per round almost to the other side of the map.

kreight

The melee in this game can be devastating. If a soldier happens to have a melee damage bonus perk turn him into a berserker and he'll rape some asses.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The best way to defeat your enemies is to know their strengths and weaknesses. Let’s help you get prepared for some of the creatures that you will encounter as you race to save the world.

cw8

Cipher
Finally completed the game. Love it but found the endgame to be a slog of neverending defense of havens and clearing out lairs and nests, the last battle is even worse. Found the Sniper/Inflitrator to be the go to combo that works for most of my battles. Suit them in Infiltrator gear, get all the stealth augments, I can run them anywhere without cover almost all the time. See an enemy, take a shot with the Raven sniper, most of the time it's one shot one kill with the stealth damage bonuses, even more so if you have the Sniperist 30% dmg perk. They're excellent against Chirons too, can get them most of the time without being spotted, once the Chirons' abdomens get damaged they're useless. If they do get in trouble, deploy decoy, vanish and run away. They're like squids, love them. I always have 2 of them in any squad.

Always brought a couple of heavies with Destiny III mounted. Never had a problem with Sirens with those and snipers around. If I spot a Siren, the Destiny III takes care of its head and it loses the MC ability. 999 range and 100% accuracy for 1 AP can't go wrong.
Also have a couple of assaults that are combo with the heavy or tech classes. I don't use them like some people which is to dash around and kill with a shotgun. I use them mostly to pass AP to the Sniper/Infiltrator so they can take another shot. Guess that's my playstyle. Lastly, I have one tech that goes around healing people or deploying turrets.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally completed the game. Love it but found the endgame to be a slog of neverending defense of havens and clearing out lairs and nests, the last battle is even worse. Found the Sniper/Inflitrator to be the go to combo that works for most of my battles. Suit them in Infiltrator gear, get all the stealth augments, I can run them anywhere without cover almost all the time. See an enemy, take a shot with the Raven sniper, most of the time it's one shot one kill with the stealth damage bonuses, even more so if you have the Sniperist 30% dmg perk. They're excellent against Chirons too, can get them most of the time without being spotted, once the Chirons' abdomens get damaged they're useless. If they do get in trouble, deploy decoy, vanish and run away. They're like squids, love them. I always have 2 of them in any squad.

Always brought a couple of heavies with Destiny III mounted. Never had a problem with Sirens with those and snipers around. If I spot a Siren, the Destiny III takes care of its head and it loses the MC ability. 999 range and 100% accuracy for 1 AP can't go wrong.
Also have a couple of assaults that are combo with the heavy or tech classes. I don't use them like some people which is to dash around and kill with a shotgun. I use them mostly to pass AP to the Sniper/Infiltrator so they can take another shot. Guess that's my playstyle. Lastly, I have one tech that goes around healing people or deploying turrets.
Nice.
Late game grind was brought to devs attention and they do plan to do something about it in nearer future.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am not allowed to leak details even if I had any. When I try new content I will give general feelings about it. I expect it to be better than DLC2 as we bashed that one a lot so I hope they do better this time.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How is the faction system compared to X-COM: Apocalypse? Are there plans to make it less round robin of bashing allies to make other allies happy?
How are base defense and construction?

ArchAngel

Arcane
How is the faction system compared to X-COM: Apocalypse? Are there plans to make it less round robin of bashing allies to make other allies happy?
How are base defense and construction?
I think they plan to make improvements to diplomacy but not soon as they are now busy with DLC 3 and they want to improve late game as well to make it less grindy.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I bought the game some 2 years ago to "support" a friend who was working in Sofia for Julian. Still haven't played the game, waiting for it to be complete.

Mazisky

Magister
I bought the game some 2 years ago to "support" a friend who was working in Sofia for Julian. Still haven't played the game, waiting for it to be complete.

I think if you just threw at him 50 dollars it would've been a better support honestly.

At least we know Epic covered their costs so the dev team should survive, which is nice for those involved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom