Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Coding/Hacking Thread

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
None, unless you're a sadomasochist.

Though I'm noticing some issues with enemies jogging in place or standing completely still in combat, not doing anything. Of course this could be a bug of the beta proper rather than the removal of engagement.
The mod simply adds a condition that for an engagement to happen, this checkbox needs to be unchecked. Otherwise, nothing else is touched or changed, so whatever you see happening in combat would also happen if you were playing an unmodded version.
Great. :D This makes me much more comfortable regarding the game.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
THe running on the spot is a bug in the beta proper, but it has not been reported yet. I need to do a bit of research so I can figure out most of the places where it occurs so I can try and get them to fix it.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Great job, I wish I had the time to participate in this. Too bad I'm very busy until at least May 31 (totally unrelated to "release date" of Grimoire). By that time, everybody will probably have found everything useful out in any case.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Rostere I have a feeling it will take a while to do all of the things I would like to see modded for the game, so nope - feel free to come help out when you're free

roshan

Arcane
Can a mod remove the stupid resurrection meter from the game?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I assume if you disable engagement in the game, there will be several abilities in the game, which will become useless, if they have anything to do with engagement. Can you guys mod these abilities out, so they are not even in sight?

Sensuki

Arcane
I will have to manually change what they do in the prefabs. I'm already aware of this and I already know how to change them. There's also items I need to change too.

Sensuki

Arcane
Next to the character portrait, or above the character's head? If you just want to remove the health pips - there's an option for that in the game already.

roshan

Arcane
Next to the character portrait, or above the character's head? If you just want to remove the health pips - there's an option for that in the game already.

I'm not sure. I mean removing the health stat and making stamina the new health. No more waking up after combat. 0 stamina = permadeath.

roshan

Arcane
Also if "running" could be scrapped and everyone just walks around, abstracted movement like the IE games.

Sensuki

Arcane
I would like to see if we can do walking as well. The health thing should be possible. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet for my combat rebalance mod regarding health mechanics yet.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, making stamina the new health would need some other adjustments like the resurrection scrolls/spells and the possibility to resurrect in temples. And right now if your character dies, he even leaves the party, which shouldn't happen either. And resting should be rebalanced somehow, because in its current state it would make the game unbeatable. It would require quite a few changes, so I'm not going to do that for now, cause it would sort of break the game.

I'll look into the walking thing, although I don't suppose it'll help much, the combat will still be super fast. It needs some major overhaul.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Bester I'd be eternally grateful if you could implement an option for hiding transition icons and instead make it so that the cursor changes on mouse-over (like in IE). same goes for inspect icons.

4CGkiAR.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The problem with this is that the interaction is limited to the size of that door icon. Somebody asked if I could do this a few months back and I said I was ok with the idea, but you'd have to pixelhunt for the invisible icon and that'd be pretty dumb. Now that I think about it though, I guess I could blow up the size of the door's icon and then make it invisible, which would result in exactly what you're describing I suppose. I'll see about it after finishing the UI, which should be soon now.

It's a bit annoying that there's no travel cursor in PoE though.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'd rather pixelhunt TBH (and I don't think it would be too bad). Would be great to have as an option.

Alternatively maybe it would be possible to replace the icon? Perhaps this could be done for the inspection icon too?
Just removing that blueish background in the icon would do a lot to improve visuals.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
>Just removing that blueish background in the icon would do a lot to improve visuals.

Just checked, it's just one icon, so the blue can't be removed separately. The whole thing will have to go.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
>Just removing that blueish background in the icon would do a lot to improve visuals.

Just checked, it's just one icon, so the blue can't be removed separately. The whole thing will have to go.
Cannot replace assets?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So I cut out the magnifying glass and the stairs in photoshop and hooked up the results as custom textures. It doesn't look too good, tbh. The magnifying glass blends in with the environment and the stairs icon feels like it's hanging in empty space. It also has a tint of blue on its top-right side.

I don't know, any ideas?

Here's how it looks:
PillarsOfEternity-2015-01-09-05-30-11-93.jpg

Sensuki

Arcane
One idea is making the cursor change when you highlight an interactable. However this would be an issue pixel hunting for them because they won't show if you hold the TAB key.

Athelas

Arcane
Did you start a thread about it on the Obsidian forums? It's a cosmetic thing and I could see them being receptive to change it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom