Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
OK, I need help guys - is this a bug?

I'm in Caed Nua. I found what looks like an interesting plot point just underneath the keep:
The door blocked by a force field.
Kana says I should go talk to the throne lady:
6t4lib3.jpg
But when I go back to talk to that person, there are no new conversation options. I searched around and can't find anywhere else to go, killed everything I can find in the area, opened every box etc.

So: is there supposed to be a new conversation option that didn't get triggered properly? Or did I miss something? If I missed something, don't spoil me, just tell me to keep looking. But if it's a bug, I want to know. Thanks.
It might be a bug?
From what i can tell going up and talking directly wont do anything
You will get more information later
3story(dont open)
It have something to do with the endless paths.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It might be a bug?
3story(dont open)
OK, I opened hint 1 and hint 2, and I'm just going to leave the area and come back later :) Thanks!

That does seem weird though - everything in my quest journal is telling me to go straight here and resolve this. I can go wander around elsewhere, but I bet something is broken.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Game looks awesome so far, zero bugs or anything to complain, really. I wish I had more time to play it. The misfortune of being a grown up, I guess, though I wouldn't be able to really appreciate this game as a kid.

14 hours played so far, with 3 chars on Normal. 2 TPKs when I was careless. Don't want to move to Hard yet, I'm scared enough.

Last edited:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I checked with the system requirements lab, and my laptop meets the minimum system requirements. Still, I get these nasty framerate dips in towns and in the wilderness. Bars, houses, indoors work fine, very fine actually. It's only when I get outside that I get these nasty framerate dips and sound crackling. It's frustrating because this game is so awesome. I have the resolution lowered, mssa 0, and gibs off.

However, just around a month before release, it seems some users had reported crash in some maps in a 32-bit system but not in 64-bit one. So, for whatever reasons, the system requirement is then just boosted up to a modern standard hopefully to reduce complaints of crash after launch.

I also read this on Metacritic. Damn, I wish I played the beta to see how it would've ran before they upped the requirements. I feel like it's odd because that game isn't graphics heavy or anything. I can play Expedition: Conquistador, Dead State, Wasteland: 2, and (prior to Charlemagne) Crusader Kings: II just fine. It seems like those games should be a bit more taxing, but PoE is an odd one. Man, I really hope they plan on doing something like maybe lowering the resolution even more or something. Such an awesome game.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
It might be a bug?
3story(dont open)
OK, I opened hint 1 and hint 2, and I'm just going to leave the area and come back later :) Thanks!

That does seem weird though - everything in my quest journal is telling me to go straight here and resolve this. I can go wander around elsewhere, but I bet something is broken.
Well i'm not sure how to explain it...
1(general question)
Did you find the guy you were sent to search for?
2Story?
If you did then you should get a new line of dialogue with the statue next time you speak with her. Its about the keep and about the areas under the castle / keep

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
BTW, I saw several complaints about Raedric's hold being quite buggy. I was prepared an saved often and in different slots. Not a single issue, and I did exactly the same thing as the guy that created a thread reporting a quest-breaking issue ( an event not triggering).

Right now my playthrough is being stable as fuck. Only two times the inventory items got greyed out (without affecting funtionality), and two or three times some tooltip from weapons when looting "dances" a bit. That's it. Impressive so far.

Hopefully Obsidian will fix the most common issues quickly , but so far seems the most stable RPG released from kickstarter and I would say in general (still expecting some more annoying bugs as the hours go up, but that's always the case in the genre)

my pc has started to move now at a slow jog. all others still move at regular pace when moving on their own, when moving as a group everyone walks. no status effects, went into a fight moving normally, afterwards, slow as fuck. any ideas?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
anybody

figured out what to do with the near-dead xaurip in Od Nua? I thought I could jail him if I built a dungeon but it didn't work :negative:

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Only got one bug twice myself, cursor stopped responding for a bit though keyboard still worked.

Aside from that, main issue is the classic "forced dialog ends up in fight while you're completely out of position" that's really cheese sometimes. I've started using different formations, putting at least one tank in the back at all times, and the squishies more in the middle so that helps a bit, but it's a bit aggravating that you can't do anything while 10 dudes suddenly appear while in dialog, surround you and you can't do shit while it happens, then you're dropped into combat with half your guys engaged within instants and getting alpha-striked. Not huge deal but feels really cheesy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ honestly I find it OK. There aren't many examples of it, and even when it happens, you can often position most of the party beforehand.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
^ honestly I find it OK. There aren't many examples of it, and even when it happens, you can often position most of the party beforehand.

Yea I've started to do that as well. Some situations really have no hint beforehand that you'll get buttfucked. It's pretty rare though you're right, just annoys me :)

And I just got squished in the FUCKING INSANE sanitarium encounter, so it's probably just a tamper tantrum after that one, especially since it was such a damn good (and crazy) fight despite that

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck off, retard. The encounters at issue are far from impossible. They're just cheesy, bullshit game design. The colloquial term is "fake difficulty."
What a pile of bullshit! Oh, some of the fights are challenging, but it is not I who suck, but the game. This is not real challange, it is fake challange. Fucking what? Rostere was right, git gud, or play on a lower difficulty level if you find hard actually, you know, hard. Yeah, the teleporting shadows are annoying. So? They proved a nice challange. What kind of challange is the right challange for you? When you kind of have to stretch yourself a little, but not too much? When something unexpected happens, which is not in line with your grand strategy and you have to adapt is bad difficulty?

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Building your whole character around ghost defense is stupid, I agree; but keeping one suit of heavy armor in your backpack to put on when you see ghosts really shouldn't be a dealbreaker.

I really detest situational gear-swapping, though. I didn't even like it back when I played old-school MMORPGs.

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1(general question)

No, I figured we would find him behind the force field. She said he was "deeper" which I took to mean under the keep. First I went down to the prison level with all the cells, killed the spiders, no one else there. Then I went down another level, talked to a ghost, killed some looters, spiders (including a huge Spider Queen!), beetles, no one around. This is level one of the Endless Paths apparently ... the map screen says so :) Found the force field. Over in the northwest I opened up the trap door that leads back outside. No way to go further down in the Endless Paths that I can find. Mapped out the whole level except behind the force field. I found a key on some Xaurips that doesn't seem to fit anything, can't find a locked door anywhere.

I guess he must be around somewhere I didn't look. Suppose I'll have to scour the whole compound again. I'll search the whole place again tomorrow night, must be something I missed I guess.
Thanks again for the hints.

Zombra

Patron
Building your whole character around ghost defense is stupid, I agree; but keeping one suit of heavy armor in your backpack to put on when you see ghosts really shouldn't be a dealbreaker.
I really detest situational gear-swapping, though. I didn't even like it back when I played old-school MMORPGs.
Sorry, dude - that's your hangup, not the game's fault.

FWIW though, I had my mage use the confuse spell on the Shades when they teleported to him. Then they just kind of wandered off and forgot about him. When they regained their senses, they didn't teleport again. Might be a 1/encounter type of power.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
1(general question)
No, I figured we would find him behind the force field. She said he was "deeper" which I took to mean under the keep. First I went down to the prison level with all the cells, killed the spiders, no one else there. Then I went down another level, talked to a ghost, killed some looters, spiders (including a huge Spider Queen!), beetles, no one around. This is level one of the Endless Paths apparently ... the map screen says so :) Found the force field. Over in the northwest I opened up the trap door that leads back outside. No way to go further down in the Endless Paths that I can find. Mapped out the whole level except behind the force field. I found a key on some Xaurips that doesn't seem to fit anything, can't find a locked door anywhere.

I guess he must be around somewhere I didn't look. Suppose I'll have to scour the whole compound again. I'll search the whole place again tomorrow night, must be something I missed I guess.
Thanks again for the hints.
Well...
Hint about door/key
If you go down from the prison its the first door to the west next to the stairs. If you are inside this area just go to the NE corner and there should be a door there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom