Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planetside 2

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Maybe we should. They keep rebooting stats and stuff tho so I don't know if it'll work. I'll try and make a Codex group.

wipe is every week now, gl with that
what's the problem? I mean the codex doesn't have enough people to make an member-only outfit worth it but there shouldn't be issues reorganizing every week

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Yay, got accepted to the beta this morning! Now I just need to figure out how to get away from work early...

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Some more keys:

496R-JDER-RR7M-NDPJ-9JGX
7J9Z-6ZAX-4X3A-RGJK-JXAN
FNND-P2GH-NAC7-X3AZ-7CZZ
4TMT-TZE7-7HPP-HEFZ-CE6C
PPH9-MNCX-GKZ7-F3FM-EH73
HJ7D-9ZPH-TCDG-7ZRH-Z6ZD
JNEF-HPZA-X2P9-NG3G-3ZT3
2TDH-CJ9R-AA6G-EAPX-79PX
CDCA-PCDD-DPF6-C9JG-AKDK
RTD4-EZP6-HJGE-C622-CRTD
6Z4Z-NE2D-PFTG-HP7R-9ZEZ
D4C9-DGM4-KHX3-E26G-27F3
M3PC-76E7-M3XK-X3G4-2K6H
PHMM-MMN6-9239-MENM-DFR2
993X-R2ZG-ZJTD-XJZA-XFND
R4CT-TRP6-4CKH-JJ4E-JGC2
GM2G-CKEM-T72X-CDTF-NFZX
GEXD-XHND-M6TK-XKHJ-R9DH
EMC3-6RN3-KJK3-RCKR-3GA9
DH2T-4XHP-7DP2-EZ6J-99X7
T7Z3-GXH6-XF94-HRN9-CNMN
EHMJ-R9EJ-HZCM-9AZN-T96F
2MRE-NK92-JZT4-E6JM-C7AF
JH6H-94GK-TEA2-A4H4-XFCM
R7GZ-KAHM-P7MR-7JGH-9RCZ
3ZRF-PRKF-Z36E-KHDR-DG6K
ZZ2A-G933-XNPG-TFHN-PMFN
NK63-G37J-M6AJ-7G9D-EMCC
FXHP-4HNX-932K-22EE-327E
K4AC-C4K7-M464-PERM-MJCK
FPTK-KP74-HHEF-F7XH-2DKR
FKC3-XCXA-7M46-HXZH-33CP
FGTG-77D9-NMT2-KCKR-N2M9
ZH2A-9TFP-RNNT-CGX3-RRXZ
DJFA-2DEX-7D24-2A3G-AZNJ
RKPF-CF7E-6FKP-N2ZT-2JRC
NFAX-DJMT-D7P2-R22G-XMHX
ZTP7-AZKA-3MEN-G43H-7DAH
DE3M-2HAP-D473-MGP6-ECT9
HR9Z-NRX7-XTF7-DT77-PR9H
42GH-DGCX-7PE2-KJ4G-PN3M
3272-X2XN-KTZP-ZC7A-RDFZ
76KK-79P9-93DH-CA7T-7FZJ
HKHP-RM62-TD4R-EMFG-4KAH
D93A-ZACK-2GHR-RXM4-ZD3P
ZA32-PXDJ-ZT4N-D4EG-MJT6
RNKN-EZ3D-74T4-T4ZK-RXJT
7TA2-FP9G-T7A9-37TC-RDXZ
64ME-3TP2-9T6X-EGEH-6JZF
HR6N-XCNX-K2ZT-6KFJ-7ECD

Gerrard

Arcane
I finally installed the game after I got a key like 2 weeks ago.
Had to download a 2,4GB patch and then another 2,4GB patch that reverted it because SOE can't into fucking computers
Logged in, saw my 6 FPS, promptly logged out.

I'm sure this game will be very successful.

Gerrard

Arcane
Sure it is. I'm sure all these people who have quite a bit more powerful PCs than me complaining about performance on the official forum will agree with you.

The real question here is why you attempt to play 2012 games with a computer from the last millenium?
Because no other game released in the past 3 years has had such a shit performance.

They have a great marketing plan though "Get people's money as early as possible, if this shit tanks we still come out on top".

Gerrard

Arcane
I actually did post on the official forums and the response I got was pretty much "Here's a link to thread with some tweaks, but currently the game runs like ass on AMD processors so it probably won't do much. Wait until things get fixed since it's a beta." So yeah, even though this actually looks like a legitimate beta and not a marketing promotion demo, it doesn't look like a game 2 months from launch. Unless they delay it.

Oriebam

low settings on some stuff is broken, don't know if they fixed it yet but it's actually more hardware intensive than on medium, or so I'm told

also you can't see cloakers on low as of a recent patch

lowering render quality also helps a lot, but after a certain threshold you start getting shot at by shit you can't see

so i tried it, i highly anticipated it after spending a lot of time on the first, and... i didn't understand a thing.
too much stuff (but i'll like it, i always do) at the same time, while invisible enemies kill you from the other side of the universe as soon as you step out of the base.
i need to give it a second chance. or a first uninstall.

Oriebam

which faction are you playing? what exactly don't you understand? where were you getting killed? btw you can't shoot while cloaked right now

learn to live with spawn camping if you want to keep playing, you're going to have to deal with it one way or the other

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This game really is a bit of a resource hog. I can play BF3 on ultra at 100 fps, but in Planetside 2 I'm hovering between 30 and 50 fps with everything on low. That's a bit laggy for a fast paced shooter, I hope they can optimize things to make it run smoother.

Oriebam

guy above has me on ignore, but quoting without the post and user name/number should make the post visible
low settings on some stuff is broken, don't know if they fixed it yet but it's actually more hardware intensive than on medium, or so I'm told

lowering render quality also helps a lot(it can introduce stuttering that's independent of FPS), but after a certain threshold you start getting shot at by shit you can't see

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
guy above has me on ignore, but quoting without the post and user name/number should make the post visible

lowering render quality also helps a lot(it can introduce stuttering that's independent of FPS), but after a certain threshold you start getting shot at by shit you can't see
Aha, very interesting. I'll give medium a spin and see how it goes. Thanks!

Oriebam

people in the official something awful thread often recommended 85 render quality(I assume it's because below this things won't load when they should), dunno if it became unnecessary with recent performance improvements, but raising it to 100 caused stuttering here the one time I tried, despite no FPS drop

Gerrard

Arcane
zg6xP.png

Hey, at least you don't have to pay for this beta.

Oriebam

wake me up when they have amerish ready
its because shits gonna look ugly at 50%
there was a warning on the performance thread about shit not loading at appropriate ranges

Gerrard

Arcane
Apparently SOE is now making artificial server queues. This comedy is picking up the tempo.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Man, this game. It's really buggy, unoptimized, missing content, graphics look like something from 2008, crashes constantly, and is going to be released in a month.

That said, when it doesn't crash and some cool battles are going down, it sorta reminds me of PS1 in a good way, and "super Tribes" in a good way.

It just needs a lot of help, and sadly with the release date it won't get it. I'll never understand the rush to get a game out by Christmas when if you make a good game, it will have 5,6,7 etc. Christmas seasons to make sales. If you make a shitty game, all you have are bad first impressions and one lucky Christmas season.

Oriebam

people on the forums kept making arguments about how well SOE is doing financially, not sure how true it is but maybe they are p. much forced to start making money RIGHT NOW (Alpha Squad wasn't enough, or something)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Eh, maybe, but doubt it. I don't think they are in dire straits at all. They just want more bonuses for the CEOs at the end of the year. Probably the people at the top get some nice ones if the game makes X amount of dollars by year's end. It's too bad, because PS2's F2P model is really not that bad. Can easily compete with ranks much higher(the damage model and teamwork aid this), and can get upgrades relatively quickly.

Oriebam

Can easily compete with ranks much higher(the damage model and teamwork aid this)

depends, I don't know if it was changed(I saw they changed the useless auto-repair things to something equippable for some reason, don't know how it is now but it looks like they want to make it fair) but you're never going to win a 1v1 fight even against a inferior tank if it's upgraded

say, fully upgraded Prowler(AP gun with maxed out reload upgrade, missile turret with more magazine size and rear armor) vs the default Vanguard there's simply no way the Vanguard is going to win in a fair fight, unless prowlers are even more shittier than I thought or the prowler driver is retarded/afk

similar things are valid for all the other vehicles

Liberators, the guy who bought the "side-grades" is always going to be a lot better than you at killing shit and surviving

of course all the imbalances are perfectly fine because the game is a MMO amirite

Dire Roach

Prophet
Not because it's an MMO but because it's F2P. "You can't complain about it if you didn't pay for it!"™

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom