Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"We have reason to suspect he might ally himself with Blaidd Mawr." He motions to Rhenmyr. "His true image was shown with Rhenmyr's magic mirror. To be of some sort of wolf-man hybrid. He attacked us mostly to get to Rashid who was his former slave. We haven't gotten a peep from him since we knocked him out, but hopefully we can persuade him... later on."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"He's one a Talorc's 'men.' I'd wager he was sent to make sure we didn't recover the spear."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Well, let's get to this cabin and figure out what to do from there, shall we? We should probably interrogate Uvan, or at least attempt to. Do any of you have any idea where Eogan might be? He might be able to help us understand the spear."

Last edited:
To be inserted about 7-8 posts back.
"Well cousin, some followers of Arawn have hounds, in honor of the wild hunt. I never was able to deal with any hounds as I was always doing some menial busy work for some priest, or preparing someone for their journey to Annwn."

Wayward Son

"Wild Hunt? Could this have something to do with Blaidd Mawr's harassment of Crannógmere?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Arawn's hounds are known as the Cŵn Annwn and they along with the Wild Hunt have nothing whatsoever to do with wolves or the legends surrounding The Morrighan or Blaidd Mawr -- other than that they are all part of Otherworld.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric, quiet all this while, speaks up, "Man of Kor, if that spear awakens rage within you, perhaps I should use it, flying into a rage is normal for such a barbarian as I."

L'ennui

Magister
"I would gladly give the weapon to you, friend Borric. I am not much of a spearman myself.

But... do you think you could contain such rage? I myself was almost compelled to strike at you all with deadly intent... if you are of a hotter temperament than me, is the risk not all the greater?

It may be a risk we will have to take before long... but if you choose to wield this weapon, know now that we may have to put you down."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule acting as guide takes the lead following the path along the stream that empties from the pool at the foot of Ulfheonar's tomb. The descent is sharp and slightly treacherous, but manageable. After an hour of walking, the high barren moors start to give way to clusters of alpine woods and eventually flattens out a and empties into a series of boggy meadows.

Just before sundown, Brule breaks away from the path following the stream and trudges across the marsh toward a copse of trees. Under the boughs of some birch and oak you come to a stone cottage with a mossy slate roof. It looks like it's seen better days.

ozjFmVE.jpg

Siveon

Bot
"After you, Brule." Marcán says, relieved. "We'll most likely have to interrogate the prisoner whilst we try and fix the spear."

Wayward Son

"Do you need my help with anything inside? Interrogating the prisoner, perhaps? If not, I'll take first watch."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule checks the hut and wordlessly shoves the prisoner into the cabin who stumbles and falls to the damp earthen floor. Uvan's hands are tightly bound and he is hobbled with a length of rope between his ankles. For good measure he is also gagged with a filthy (now) blood-soaked cloth. Marcán looks over at the man and he seems to be in remarkably better health than you would imagine possible for someone who had been nearly mortally wounded just a few hours ago.

Brule motions to Marcán and Mab, "Have at it. I'll see if I can't find something to eat. With sunset coming, I expect some game to come down to the stream and get water. Wish me luck."

He snatches up a couple of sling stones from a wicker basket on a crude wooden table and steps outside the hut.

Siveon

Bot
"Good luck." Marcán waves at Brule. He passes a glance at Uvan, before looking at the rest of the group. "Do I have any volunteers? I'm not exactly an expert in torture."

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to have Rashid do it, no? He may be AFK but he should at least officially have this moment.

Wayward Son

"Good luck." Marcán waves at Brule. He passes a glance at Uvan, before looking at the rest of the group. "Do I have any volunteers? I'm not exactly an expert in torture."

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to have Rashid do it, no? He may be AFK but he should at least officially have this moment.
I agree we should let him. If he wants, I volunteer to help.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Brule, I'd like to help. I can live off the land in the jungles to the south, but I have much to learn of your northern fens and forests."

Wayward Son

Mab finds a pot and fills it with some water from his waterskin. He drops three stones like the kind used in a sling into the pot. He prepares a fire, and hangs the pot over it, "Here. These oughtta help with some of the interrogation. If it's even needed of course."

L'ennui

Magister
Urash finds an old stool, drops his backpack and sits down. Giving a glance to Uvan and the preparations for the "interrogation", he has a look of mild disdain.

"Let me know if you need anything..."

After a moment, he unfolds the scrolls he inscribed in the tomb to further study his work.

Siveon

Bot
Marcán shrugs and leaves the rest to Rashid. He goes off to find Fidach and Oona, "Fidach, do you have a moment? I might need you to translate something for me. It shouldn't take long." He looks to Oona, and speaks in Keltic, "Do you have something on your mind that you need to tell me?"

Mab can do it too.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"I would gladly give the weapon to you, friend Borric. I am not much of a spearman myself.

But... do you think you could contain such rage? I myself was almost compelled to strike at you all with deadly intent... if you are of a hotter temperament than me, is the risk not all the greater?

It may be a risk we will have to take before long... but if you choose to wield this weapon, know now that we may have to put you down."
"Hotter temperament, Man of Kor? Nay, this fury is but the unbridled primal force that lurks in the hearts of those who know no home in "civilization". It is the exultation of the victor, the defiance of the unbent, the courage that makes the true warrior stand where others flee, the sheer vitality of he that fights all of nature as it stands against him, if only to draw one more breath. If the winds must howl, tempests must thunder and volcanos spew fire-stone, so too must man rage. Hotter temperament, pah!"

Wayward Son

As he checks to see if the water is boiling, Mab says, "Hmm. Good point there. It is most likely some sort of primal force. But I believe that it is incorrect to assume that giving it to anyone makes them more or less likely to give in to the rage. No one should wield it until it is needed, or until we find out more of the nature of this... enragement. Even then, I am unsure. What if this is a trick, a way to make us fall apart from the inside. We need to take the greatest care. For now, we need to gather whatever information on it we can."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom