Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

L'ennui

Magister
Urash nods at Mab, takes off his backpack and, reaching in, extracts a silky Acadian robe with intricate markings. He wraps it around the spear.

"Repairs could possibly be made with the proper precautions... but at the risk of repeating myself, we should be very careful in handling the spear."

Turning back to Brule:
"The ferocity of a cave lion, indeed..."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule roughly pushes Uvan in front of him and starts to descend the steps from the plinth. "We'd best move now. Night will be upon us before we know it."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh great, now we're updating too fast. :P

"Aye, I don't think the beast will simply wait for us to come upon him. I fear we don't have the time to gather information. Let us be off."

nikolokolus

Arcane
As Brule takes the southern trail that wraps around the western edge of the pool, there is a rustling in the scrub near the southern shore and seconds later a wolf about the size of a small horse emerges from the dense willows and stands pensively in the middle of the trail, its nose held high as it sniffs the air.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Perhpaps what you feel, Urash, is Ulfheonar's fighting spirit....ah bloody hell." Rhenmyr readies his weapons.

Siveon

Bot
"Fine. Just fine." Marcán snaps, readying his blade.

No green stuff, so I'm guessing that's just a big wolf?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab sighs and readies his spear, whistling for the Head Drune's Dire Wolf to come out, "Try poking it with the sharp part, that usually works. Is this the Blaidd Mawr?"

Wayward Son

"Wait! Hold up! I know this wolf. He was sent to protect me by the High Drune." He lowers his spear and walks up to the wolf and reaches to pet it to calm it down.

Siveon

Bot
"You have a wolf guardian?" Marcán gasps, exaggerating. He looks to Ker and Cormac. "Why didn't we get a wolf?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The dire wolf cautiously sniffs Mab's hand and shifts back and forth nervously. It looks over its shoulder to the south and whines. Mab and Ker both understand in its wolf-speech, that the wolf is about to depart their company.

Wayward Son

"What's wrong, boy? Where are you going? Why are you upset?" Mab turns to the others, "Maybe it's the spear? It may be that he knows the spear's legend and is afraid of it."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"What's wrong, boy? Where are you going? Why are you upset?" Mab turns to the others, "Maybe it's the spear? It may be that he knows the spear's legend and is afraid of it."
The wolf gives a short series of yips and growls. It seems as if it's being called home. It doesn't react to the spear in any notable way.

Wayward Son

"Guys, how long do we most probably have before Blaidd Mawr attacks again? Maybe he's trying to hint that we should ask my High Drune about the spear's supposed bloodlust."
How far away is the circle I came from? nikolokolus

Wayward Son

"Curse it! We'd need a week to get there. What about your prisoner? Does he know of anybody nearer?"

Wayward Son

Mab asks about Uvan, "Who is that man? The dire wolf seemed to have a particular aversion to him..."

Siveon

Bot
"Wolf man, tried to kill us all. Mostly Rashid, but I take great offense to a man who cuts me this deep. Marcán shows his wound.

Wayward Son

"Why might the wolf have disliked him? Why were you fighting him?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom