Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

L'ennui

Magister
Urash wipes his brow and stumbles, almost crashing into a stalagmite.

"Gentlemen, I... Believe I need some fresh air. I will step out of the cave for a moment."

Urash takes care not to trip the snare placed at the entrance, and makes his way back to the small chamber they had rappelled down into.

nikolokolus

Arcane
To Save: [1d20] = 11
So, I've taken two points of damage?

Correct
Save [1d20] = 1
Ker coughs and curses, but keep on trying to assert the magic of the torque.
So, can I cast while coughing my breath out?
It's not so bad that you are constantly hacking and coughing, it's more like you are being slowly, but surely weakened as the unwholesome air saps your vitality. So you can still cast spells.

It's now been about 2 hours inside the cavern, perhaps another 2 or 3 hours until dusk.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash decides he's had enough of the unwholesome air and crawls back into the small antechamber where there is at least somewhat fresher air in certain pockets.

nikolokolus

Arcane
So, Ker has been detecting magic in the torque since last hour, did he find something?
Whoops! Sorry about that.

The party takes all of their recently acquired goods and lays them in a pile on the cave floor and Ker begins to chant in the secret tongue of Druids.
  • The torc that Rhenmyr found does not raidiate magic
  • The spear and shield that Rhenmyr liberated from the trapped pillar room do not radiate magic
  • The embossed bronze shield (with a stylized cave lion's head) that Ker found in the rubble radiates magic
  • Borric's fur cape that he found in the tomb radiates magic (and of course Ulheonar's spear does)
Tell me if there is anything else you are trying to detect magic on.
FWIW, the spell persists for 20 minutes with a range of 60 feet and stays centered on the caster.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Helly One quick housekeeping question (Maybe you posted it, but I missed it). What other spells do you have prayed for/memorized? you should have a free 1st and 2nd level spell

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr steps out to get a breather as well.
All the stuff we pulled off the Seekers has been checked?

nikolokolus

Arcane

I had to go back and look myself. Here is the page where you all looted the Seekers of Penitence and Truth

I don't remember if you detected magic or not after that, but anyway you can now. Here is what you discover.
The arms and armor of the Seekers is mundane (but very well made). The captain's armor in particular is festooned with opals and gilded with silver and probably could fetch a nice return in a trade. One of the four black fuligin cloaks radiate magic of a mild intensity.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Helly One quick housekeeping question (Maybe you posted it, but I missed it). What other spells do you have prayed for/memorized? you should have a free 1st and 2nd level spell
As far as I remember, Ker should also have Faerie Fire and Distort Wood.
So, Ker has been detecting magic in the torque since last hour, did he find something?
Whoops! Sorry about that.

The party takes all of their recently acquired goods and lays them in a pile on the cave floor and Ker begins to chant in the secret tongue of Druids.
  • The torc that Rhenmyr found does not raidiate magic
  • The spear and shield that Rhenmyr liberated from the trapped pillar room do not radiate magic
  • The embossed bronze shield (with a stylized cave lion's head) that Ker found in the rubble radiates magic
  • Borric's fur cape that he found in the tomb radiates magic (and of course Ulheonar's spear does)
Tell me if there is anything else you are trying to detect magic on.
FWIW, the spell persists for 20 minutes with a range of 60 feet and stays centered on the caster.
Thanks!
"Borric, be careful with that cape, there is some power emanating from it. Good or not, I cannot say. On the other hand, that Torc might be safe, let's try to move it a bit."
Ker tries to twist and pull the Torc from the wall.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron

I had to go back and look myself. Here is the page where you all looted the Seekers of Penitence and Truth

I don't remember if you detected magic or not after that, but anyway you can now. Here is what you discover.
The arms and armor of the Seekers is mundane (but very well made). The captain's armor in particular is festooned with opals and gilded with silver and probably could fetch a nice return in a trade. One of the four black fuligin cloaks radiate magic of a mild intensity.

Thanks. I remember getting the description, but we definitely didn't know about the one cloak.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr will stay out long enough to give the entrance chamber a thorough search.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Saving Throw: [1d20] = 10

Marcan has a coughing fit and wheezes. "I'll keep watch until you all come back." When someone returns, Marcan makes way for the entrance, and stays out until he can catch his breath again (30 minutes).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Everyone decides to step out of the large cave and get some fresh air for awhile.

Meanwhile, Rhenmyr and Urash carefully search the entryway for anything noteworthy. While groping in the silt and mud of the pool Rhenmyr nicks his finger on something sharp; carefully feeling around he grasps at the smooth, hard object and wrenches it free. It's a vaguely human looking skull, but larger and with heavy brow ridges and long, sharp canine teeth.

More searching in the silt and mud reveals two more similar skulls and an assortment of broken bones - ribs, femurs, arms. All gray with age and stripped clean of flesh.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom