Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"What does this mean, do you think? Are these past victims of Blaidd Mawr or is this area, perhaps, home to wolf people?"

L'ennui

Magister
Urash's eyes go wide and his expression conveys complete disgust as he realizes he is standing in a pile of bones.

"This just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? Ugh... in any case, I'd wager these bones are from the likes of Uvan. Whether they were victims of the beast or denizens of this cave, I cannot say.

Now where is that damn beast, anyway?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
It takes Rhenmyr and Urash about 30 or 40 minutes to complete their survey of the antechamber below the waterfall. Those who climbed out of the caves are standing on the saturated hummocky ground outside and notice that that the mist is growing even denser and the temperature has dropped some. Maybe it's the heavy fog, but it feels like it's getting late in the day; like the sun is about to set behind the horizon.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Do you feel the temperature drop? I think the sun is setting. We shouldn't have too much longer to wait."

nikolokolus

Arcane
As folks mill about catching their breaths or searching the caves, it suddenly occurs to people that Rashid is no where to be found.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Oh, by all the gods in existence. Where the devil did the man go? We should find him. I'll search the mouth of the cave." Mab proceeds to the mouth of the cave, all the while calling lightly for Rashid.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash strikes an disdainful look.

"Perhaps he is still somewhere around here... stalking us. I would not put it beyond him to fancy depriving us of some distinguished possessions, or worse!"

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"I'll see if he's still in the larger chamber. Maybe he fell into the pool while we weren't looking."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr reenters the cavern complex looking for any sign of Rashid. Nothing.

He climbs back up the rope that descends from above and looks carefully around. About twenty feet away from the cavern mouth, a very deep set of footprints right below a large branch of a cypress is found and these seem to head back out of the swamp following the trail you made on your way in. Some (inexpert) attempt has been made at obfuscating the trail -- branches dragged over the trail, tufts of grass stuffed into footfalls, etc.

The day's light is definitely beginning to fail and the chirp of birds is giving way to croaking toads and the weird tittering of bats that can be sensed flying about.

Wayward Son

"I think it may be best for our health to assume the worst at this point. I'm sorry, but we need to hole up and be ready for the Wolf. We can resume the search for your comrade afterward."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric spits at the ground, "Bah, craven wolf-thing." "I have half a mind to set this cave afire, just to see if we can flush the accursed beast out."

Borric's better sense does prevail, and instead of setting the place afire, his mind casts about for memories, and he yells a fierce warcry in the same manner as Ulfheonar, hoping that the challenge of one who has bested Blaidd Mawr would grab its attention.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Rashid seemed like a crafty man. Men like him have ways to survive, I pray we find him before any harm comes before him. And I pray we find the beast... all the same."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Given Rashid's proclivities, we should check to see if anyone is missing something." Rhenmyr checks his meager belongings.

Wayward Son

Mab does the same. "I swear to all the gods if he stole anything... We need to prepare, in any event."

Cormac checks his belongings. "I don't have much to steal, but I would not be happy if he stole my coin or my food. I need the coin for food of course."

Siveon

Bot
Marcán chuckles, as well as checking for his valuables. "This would be the right time to run."

Wayward Son

"Yes. Sing of days come and gone. Of heroes alive and dead. Let us just hope we aren't the latter. We need every able hand we can get... If we are to succeed."

Siveon

Bot
"Mark me, songs of our tales will be remembered by even the drunkest of patrons, the dumbest of royals and the lowliest of peasants. Else my time here on this land be wasted." Marcán boasts.

L'ennui

Magister
"Indeed, and if I can help it at all, you will all join the legends told in Acadia, and your names will be registered in the Great Library of Kor! There is no greater, more distinguished honor! Especially for ...uh, foreigners."

Urash somehow manages to sound bombastic and prideful, even though he whispers all of this as he surveys the treacherous, encroaching gloom all around.

Wayward Son

Mab grunts. "As long as this thrice-damned creature lies dead by tonight, I will be happy, although drunken bar tales with my name in them would definitely be a marvel."
Mab attempts to sound full of conviction and righteous anger, but it comes out fearful, the quip at the end doing little to lessen the dread in his voice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom