Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule takes the spear from Borric with grave respect, and speaks haltingly in common, "Kurgan friend to Brule. Place in my stead forever." He then claps the steppe barbarian heartily on the shoulder and carefully cradles the spear, and sits heavily on a rock seemingly overwhelmed with emotion.
Can I make a roll to remember Ye Olde Pictish and give him a reply?
You discover that the Pictish language is still completely native to you. Add it to your spoken languages on your character sheet.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"This is great! O joyous day!" He claps Borric on the back and asks, "So, my friend, how does it feel to be the stuff of legends?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brule takes the spear from Borric with grave respect, and speaks haltingly in common, "Kurgan friend to Brule. Place in my stead forever." He then claps the steppe barbarian heartily on the shoulder and carefully cradles the spear, and sits heavily on a rock seemingly overwhelmed with emotion.
Can I make a roll to remember Ye Olde Pictish and give him a reply?
You discover that the Pictish language is still completely native to you. Add it to your spoken languages on your character sheet.
Ah, well, I'll save the memorizing thing for when I get handed paper with stuff written on it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To Brule, in Pictish, "Aye, hold that weapon safe, and may it be of use when the time comes, Friend."

"So, my friend, how does it feel to be the stuff of legends?"
To Mab, "This was of Ulfheonar's tale, and with him is bound. Mine legend is yet to be writ."

Wayward Son

"You are modest. That is admirable. However, do not rob Marcán of this tale with your modesty. He needs tales to tell to and be embellished by local barflies wherever he may end up." Mab says jokingly.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
"This is not over. This chieftain of theirs needs to be brought to account. Perhaps once I heal, I will challenge him to a duel?" this, to Brule.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Can Mab help with bandaging and whatnot?

Certainly. There is no immediate effect, but it would certainly be part of the normal healing process. On the flipside if you don't spend time binding wounds, then no HPs are regained while sleeping in the wilderness.

Brule looks genuinely astonished when Borric speaks to him in flawless Pictish, "I would swear you were a native Pict by your accent. Remarkable." And then adds, "Agreed, Talorc will be held to account. With the spear in hand we will shame him for his cowardice, but it's a real pity we don't have some proof of the deed. With no Blaidd Mawr to attack the village tonight, I'd wager he and that vermin Syelle Ru will take credit for banishing the beast. I suggest we take shelter for the night and leave at first light; traversing these bogs at night would be treacherous."

As people mill about savoring the victory, the proximity to the black pool starts to wear on people. In particular, Marcán, Mab, Cormac and Ker are repulsed and feel almost physically ill standing so close to the pool.

Wayward Son

"Let us get out of the cave, and then I will help bandage the injured. This pool is wearing on me."

L'ennui

Magister
Whilst the people speak of leaving, Urash steps tentatively closer to the pool.

"It would be... such a waste..."

He kneels down to gaze into the black liquid.

"... such a waste not to get a good look at this, before we must leave."

nikolokolus

Arcane
In the soft black sand around the pool, the glint of couple coins, half-buried, catch the eyes of several of you.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Oops! Almost forgot experience awards
Everyone who participated in the battle gets a flat 1,000 experience. Some of you will be eligible to level-up when you get back to civilization or some other safe haven.

Who is eligible for level-up:
Ker
Borric
Rhenmyr
Cormac
Mab

Marcán is very close
Urash still has a ways to go.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Tales, later... you lads got it lucky." Marcán comically hefts between his words, perhaps almost exaggerating his wounds. "Shelter sounds nice. Just not here... it is not clean."

Wayward Son

"Agreed. As soon as you are all bandaged up, do you want to go straight to Talorc, or do you want me to set up a small shelter for the night to rest up first?"

L'ennui

Magister
Urash seems to be deep in thought, almost in a trance.

"Oh... consuming it, yes... maybe..."

He adds, with a gleeful smile:

"Though, I would not call it water... not only water, in any case. And drinking as such, oh it would be such a waste!"

Sitting back up from his kneeling position, Urash retrieves some clay statuettes from a fold in his bag.

To the group at large, he announces:

"My friends, I will be studying this pool, I know not for how long. I believe it may be a find of some import. I will understand if you must be on your way, but consider the fall of night; perhaps this cave is safer than what lurks outside in the darkness and dampness."

Urash sighs, and says in closing:

"What I mean to say, is that I hope you will not leave me alone here... I too would like to enjoy the glory of this momentous kill, and perchance recount it fondly in my old age. I know this place is not ideal, but I dare not abandon this well, and will be grateful for your company, should any choose to stay."

Urash hesitates a moment, then lays out the statuettes before him and, speaking the ancient Acadian incantations, prepares to focus his mind on his study of the well.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
"I have no intention of staying here any longer than... I should. Urash, being both men of knowledge I can understand your enthusiasm, but this place was not made for men of nature such as I. I fear what this area might do to me."

L'ennui

Magister
"What, uhhh... What will you be doing with this water?"

"For now, I only mean to study it and meditate on its power... for it does hold power."

"I have no intention of staying here any longer than... I should. Urash, being both men of knowledge I can understand your enthusiasm, but this place was not made for men of nature such as I. I fear what this area might do to me."

A pained expression covers Urash's face.

"My friend... I know your fear, but look outside and you will find no light to guide your path, no sun to keep you warm. Only fel creatures and savages await in the dark. Here, at least, the evil has already been slain! I must urge you to reconsider, for all our sakes!"

Wayward Son

"I will stay in the other room of the cave. This place... It gives me the chills worse than any winter realm I have braved. Marcán. Come and I will bandage you."

Siveon

Bot
Marcán looks outside and shrugs. "Yes, that'll be be fine Mab. Don't be surprised if I close my eyes for a little while." He chuckles and follows Mab.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The other small room is completely flooded to a depth of between 1 to 3 feet deep. It will be impossible to sleep in there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom