Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric swings from overhead, aiming for the skull of the convulsing guard.
Any special modifiers on a prone bugger?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab loads and slings a stone at Syelle Ru. 1d20=19
1d4=4
Mab arcs a slingstone high through the air as Syelle Ru flees. It brains him and sends him sprawling across the wooden boardwalk.
Really? Only 4HP? Or do you not mean brain fell out type of brained?
I mean brained, as in your slingstone sailed through the air, hit him in the back of the head and you saw a spray of blood, brain and bone and he tumbled to the ground lifeless. Rhenmyr had been peppering him with arrows. Which is damn good for you all, because if he'd gotten away other "stuff" would have happened.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Oh. I forgot about Rhenmyr's arrows. Makes a lot more sense now.
"And to the lowest recesses of the lowest of all the Hells with you too!"

L'ennui

Magister
Urash shouts at the remaining bodyguards:

"Syelle Ru is dead! As for you, we know what you are, but our quarrel is with the king. Lay down your arms and begone, never to return here!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
I know ERYFKRAD said he'd be on limited availability so I'll roll for Borric and see what happens. As for Urash's call-out . . .

Borric's Berserk attack against the transforming werewolf [1d20+7] = 11+7 = 18, damage [1d10+4] = 9+4 = 13

Borric raises his maul high overhead and brings it crashing down in a devastating blow that caves in the half-mutated beastman's head.

Urash challenges the two three remaining bodygaurds and they look askance at their dead comrade and spare a glance over their shoulders where they see Syelle Ru laying face down in the walkway. The rumble of charging villagers on the causeway fills the air as they pull up to a stop breathing heavily from exertion.

morale check [2d6] = 4 vs 10

They sneer and toss down their spears in disgust.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Well, you dogs are certainly easier to handle than Blaidd Mawr." Marcán puffs out his chest, only to return to a normal state once the aches set in. He looks towards Brule, "What should we do with them? Banishment?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule's face is unreadable. He walks up to to one of the three and presses his face within inches of the other man's. "You too Ceanatis? To think. All of those years we feasted and raided together . . ." His voice trails off and he shakes his head. "Truss them and drag their worthless hides to Talorc's Feasthall. A reckoning has come." The six men who had run up the causeway, along with the son of Elder Gorma, quickly jump on the 3 bodyguards and drive their head into the planks of the walkway and they are bound and gagged unkindly.

Brule is walking briskly and methodically into the village, barely sparing a glance down at the still, wolfish body of Syelle Ru.

Last edited:

L'ennui

Magister
As he walks past the gate and the now-prisoner bodyguards, Urash sneers: "I knew an honorable death would have been too good for the likes of you... but worry not, whichever way this goes, your troubles will be over quite soon."

Urash will pause briefly to inspect Syelle Ru's corpse before following Brule.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr scoops up the fallen raven feather cloak and follows after Brule. "Nice shot, Mab!"

nikolokolus

Arcane
(Before everyone departs, it is perhaps noteworthy that the bodyguard who had begun his transformation has reverted to fully human in form, while Syelle Ru is still in wolf-hybrid form)

The walk to the doors of the feasthall goes quickly, people who had shuttered themselves inside their homes begin peaking noses out of windows and tentatively opening doors. Likewise a mob has filed in behind the troupe of outsiders, with Brule ap Bruna at the head.

Brule bellows at the top of his lungs, "Come out you whoreson! You sniveling worm! You brought the curse on Crannógmere, now face my wrath; face the justice of the gods. Cernunoss and Cailleach Bhuer strike you dead and snuff out your life spark. You unclean thing, you craven, you boot-licking cur!"

A profound silence falls on the host, broken only by the strong winds whipping down over the lakeshore.

Marcán feels a tug at the hem of his cloak.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The old crone Ymae, hunched with age tilts her head to the side to get a good look at Marcán and whispers quietly. "Allo my lovely! Ye've come back after all."

nikolokolus

Arcane
For posterity's sake and because it has been a very long time since you may have read it, it might be worth going back as far as this post and refreshing your memories
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ch-of-the-sorcerer.96626/page-84#post-4310590
I did a little bit of editing to make it more informative and clearer.
Aphrodisia is new...
I hate retcons, but I had created some weird illogical loops that were hard to close in my original conception.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker rests a bit and gets near Marcan when he hears the crone, murmuring "Marcan, remember what I told you and treat her fairly, alright? Too many died already." He then quickly goes back to the others without waiting for an answer.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The old crone Ymae, hunched with age tilts her head to the side to get a good look at Marcán and whispers quietly. "Allo my lovely! Ye've come back after all."
Borric claps his hand on the Bard's shoulder in sympathy.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán forces a smile, accidentally putting a little more emphasis on certain words. "Yes, hello miss Ymae. You look... great. It's relieving to see a familiar face, and I'm certain you've come for our agreement, but if you cannot already tell I am battered from the battle and need some time of rest. After which you may get what we agreed upon and leave it all behind."

Marcán is selectively thinking over what kind of mead he's going to drown himself in.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Commiserating with the Bard done, Borric stands by the door, maul at the ready to ambush the Chieftain if needed.

As a matter of curiosity, how are you setting the difficulty of our fights nikolokolus?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom