Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Do we know where Seyelle Ru lived? If so, I think Cormac would want to search his living area.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just deleted a post, won't make a habit of it, just made things flow better.
Marcán takes a hold of Ker, allowing him to accompany the rest of party as they make way into the feasthall.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"Thanks, brothers... I feel drained and starved, but I believe I should be alright."
Ker turns to Ymae before leaving for the feasthall "Please be more gentle with Marcan once... You know..."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"We may want to recover Ru's body. It didnt return to human form. That's a curiosity."

Siveon

Bot
Just so we're clear, was the woman found in the feasthall Oona?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Do we know where Seyelle Ru lived? If so, I think Cormac would want to search his living area.
Cormac wonders aloud where Syelle Ru lives. Ymae overhears him and taps him on the shoulder, "Lad, his chambers are within in the living quarters on the second or perhaps third floor. If you check there, be careful. He may have set wards."

Just so we're clear, was the woman found in the feasthall Oona?
A complete survey of the mayhem in the feasthall reveals that all of the deceased appear to be members of Talorc's household: his three children, his wife and two servants. There is no sign of Oona.

Brule takes one of the bodyguards and a rope is brought to him. He ties a crude noose and loops it over the man's head and throws the other end over a beam. He seems to barely register Rhenmyr's comment.

Siveon

Bot
"Brule, are you certain you want to do this now? One of these...men," Marcán scowls at the word, " may know where Oona, and whoever else, are being kept." he says cautiously.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule pauses, "Aye lad . . . but what makes you think they're gin'tae talk? If you think you can beat it ootae this one or the others, then I'll stay my hand for now." His face tells Marcán that he'd better make it quick.

Siveon

Bot
"They did surrender, they must have some sense to them. Loosen his gag but hold onto the rope, let's see if we can get him to talk. And if not him, maybe his friends." Marcán pauses. "If he starts an incantation, hang him."

Boom! Callback. To you newbies read the chapter where we took down a Hyperborean. I won't do that much but I just remembered we were in this situation like, 2 other times.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"I'll go recover Ru's body. Maybe Ymae can shed some light on him and the guards condition."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ymae follows Rhenmyr down the hill and some of the people follow after, but most are still standing outside the Great Hall waiting to find out what Brule is going to do.

The corpse is still laying in repose in the middle of the boardwalk where Mab's slingstone brained him. She squats down with difficulty and picks up the slingstone and gives it a sniff, "Ha! Tathlum! Blessed by Maelygywn. That old rascal!" She smiles and pockets the stone. "Well look here Rhenmyr" She says indicating the hoarfrost coating the beasts fur, "This was no man; a changeling for sure, but then that begs the question. What happened to the real Syelle Ru?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"That is a good question. How it altered Talorc and his men and what it hoped to achieve here are two more. Do you think we can learn anything more from the body, Lady Ymae?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric marks to Rhenmyr, "See if you find any signs of the Skulking One around."

Borric joins the Bard in interrogation.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
The three bodyguards look dejectedly at Borric and Marcán as they approach and take up their bonds. Brule folds his arms across his chest and turns his back slightly and busies himself with trying to put the bodies in some kind of respectful pose on the feasthall table.

The man with the noose around his neck speaks in a flat monotone, "Let's get this over with shall we?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr retrieves his arrows and then checks Syelle Ru's cloak, asking Ymae if she has any comment on it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
She looks at it with curiosity, "I don't know. Bring it by my hut later when I can properly sit down and take my time to look at it."

Last edited:
Cormac jumps when he sees who tapped him on the shoulder. "Uhhh, thanks. I think I will head up to Syelle Ru's chamber to see if we can find any answers. Urash, would you care to join me? I think if we combined our skills, it would allows us to be sure we find anything of use."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr carries/drags the wolf body back to the great hall. then assists in the search.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
"I suppose so. If you're willing to cooperate I'm certain we can make things easier for you and your cohorts. Just tell us where you're keeping the villagers, and you might even leave here with your life."

Hey who wants to play bad cop? :P

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"I suppose so. If you're willing to cooperate I'm certain we can make things easier for you and your cohorts. Just tell us where you're keeping the villagers, and you might even leave here with your life."

Hey who wants to play bad cop? :P
Me!
Mab walks in and surveys the situation with the interrogation and looks at the prisoners. He puts his forearm on one's throat and growls, "Answer all of our questions or I snap your neck. Understood? I don't mind torturing the information out of you either."

Due to my many hours time different for the next month, when I check I have 8+ hours of people posting, I'll just type what I want to do and you can fit me in. Cormac will go to Syelle Ru's room as Ymae directed with Urash. He will of course be cautious as he was warned about the potential for glyphs or other types of traps. If Urash and Cormac get into the room, Cormac will search the room for anything that might lead them to see what Ru was and where he might have come from.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom