Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Seems the small one has decided on stupidity." Rhenmyr says hefting his spear and moving to guard the tall thug. "He knows more than he has said. I say it is time for harsher interrogation methods."

nikolokolus

Arcane
As Theron stumbles into the table, Borric uses the opportunity to trip Theron.
Standard 1d20 roll?

Roll for initiative first, but yes: 1d20+BAB+STR to-hit, so I think for you that's 1d20+2. Also his back is turned to you so that's an additional +2. If you hit, target gets a saving throw.

nikolokolus

Arcane
You try to trip the hapless Theron but lose your own balance instead.
Roll a saving throw to avoid falling over.

Last edited:

bert

Arcane
By the way, just where the hell is the spoiler button located? I keep having to type in the bbcode manually. Sorry for the long hiatus btw!

Initiative: [1d6+3] = 3+3 = 6

Just a simple punch to settle him down.
Attack: [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12

"No! No!" Sokrates charges in to throw a heavy handed punch. He wanted to see Father Iniros, and did not want the bad men to ruin that.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric keeps his feet despite his awkward kick.

Hey, good to see you bert I've been using the hand typed tags for so long I can't even remember where the button used to be, but I just found it next to the 'save draft' button on the right hand side of the ribbon.

Go ahead and roll your damage (1d2+Strength Damage bonus) and it occurs simultaneously with Theron's. Also, where are you getting a +3 to your initiative? the max bonus from high Dex is +1, but no biggie, just something to keep track of

nikolokolus

Arcane
Sokrates' heavy handed upper cut catches Theron hard on the jaw and he staggers, bloodied but still on his feet. He lowers his head like a battering ram and charges into Sokrates

Theron's Attack [1d20-2] = 17-2 = 15 Damage [1d2] = 2
Sokrates takes 1 point of real damage and 1 point of temporary subdual damage (those come back at a rate of 1 HP per hour).

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Barbarians! Who are you to detain me?! Your blood will paint the walls of our fane!" Shouts the maniacal Illyrian as he darts and dodges Rhenmyr's spear thrust.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán's blade bites deeply into Theron's legs, hacking him off at his ankles - the blade cuts through flesh and bone like so much wet paper, it's so sharp - Theron screams and writhes in agony for a few moments as thick red pulses of blood surge and spray from severed arteries, "You can't kill me!" Theron shrieks. "Like a red tide we rise and reclaim what was ours and you will drown!" He starts to laugh hysterically, but a matter of seconds later he topples backward; his eyes staring blankly and lifeless at the ceiling.

Moments later, the crippled hut-keeper pokes his head inside to see what all of the commotion is and his eyes go wide. "What in the name of . . ." his voice trails off as he takes in the scene of carnage. "Ah shit, that's gonna leave a helluva stain! Here, somebody fetch me that bucket of sand in the corner and drag his carcass outside. Fuck, shit, sonsofbitches!" He limps through the door and looks down at the ruined man and looks up at all of you, "What happened, did your friend cheat you at dice or something?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Y'all make it hard to do this while attending school, I swear.

Sorry bro. If you or anyone needs to take a break for awhile, let me know and we can scale things back or I can move your character into the background, at which point either designate somebody to control your character's actions or you can leave it up to me.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán gulps. "Oh, wow! A little bit more complicated than that, my good man. At one moment he was simply our prisoner, the next he was frothing mad. Funny sight to see." he grabs one half of the body and drags him out.

"Except for, well, all that blood and what-not. Terribly sorry -" Marcán turns to the rest, "A little help would be nice!"

Y'all make it hard to do this while attending school, I swear.

Sorry bro. If you or anyone needs to take a break for awhile, let me know and we can scale things back or I can move your character into the background, at which point either designate somebody to control your character's actions or you can leave it up to me.

Hey hey, slow your roll. Things were just getting good, I was just having a bit of fun since I had to read all the happenings during school hours and only until now did I get the chance to post. It was like being in detention while everyone else got to go to recess.

nikolokolus

Arcane
With no eager volunteers, Marcán drags the corpse out on to the plank road. As you drop it unceremoniously you start to notice that the body has purpled and bruised considerably. Another minute passes and the body begins to bloat and putrefy as if it had been laying for weeks under a summer sun; the stench is nearly unbearable now.

The hut-keeper looks down at the corpse and exclaims, "By all that's holy! Gods, what a smell! Look, I don't know what you lads have gotten yourselves into and I don't really care, but I'd rather not get involved if you catch my meaning. Do what you will with the body, but I'm leaving . . . Right now!" Hurriedly he collects his donkey from the corral and leaps on to its back and begins quickly trotting away; the animal's hooves clattering noisily against the planks of the elevated road that snakes its way through the saltmarsh. After about 30 yards, he turns and shouts back at you, "If you want my advice, mention this to no one in Odessos, lest the Seekers catch wind of this . . . pardon the pun."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"I say we burn the corpse, unless the Magic One or the Druidic One can learn aught from it."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Hyginos seems largely unaffected by the horrific sights and smells of Theron's rapidly decomposing corpse, "This kind of thing happen to you fellows a lot?" He reaches into the voluminous folds of his borrowed tunic and produces a hunk of bread he must have pilfered from Zelkor's and gums a piece of it noisily. "Gonna need a lot of wood to burn this poor bastard," he says with a cackle.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Heron will study, poke and prod the body, before taking a small sample of the flesh to put in one of his vials. "Best to burn it, aye. Let's speak to the other one. I don't fully know what has happened, but if I were to guess, the man was conditioned to be the Hyperborean's unknowing slave. The putrification of the flesh after death could be a mere consequence of the spell. Though if that is so I wonder why it activated now."

Have I had time to memorise a new spell? If so, I'd use detect magic to go over all the equipment we've picked up.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Everyone gets 15 XP

Smashing Axe It's close enough that I'll allow it.

Heron takes the Hyperborean's belongings - the ebonwood box, the silver key, armor, helm and falcata - and puts it into a pile well off to the side, away from the ruin that used to be the captive Theron.

Your incantation causes your eyes to flare with a phosphoric luminescence that reveals several interesting things. First, the falcata has sorcery of an indeterminate sort folded into its metal and a formerly hidden script appears that spells out a cryptic phrase along the blade's length, reading: "The End". Furthermore, the silver key faintly glows as well as the keyhole of the of the silver clasp that holds the ebony strong box shut. Most disconcerting are two runes that flare to life on the lid of the ebony box - a stylized eye and a stylized flame symbol directly below it, but you aren't entirely certain of their function (would require "Read Magic" to decipher).

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Since you failed to mention the cloak I got from the Hyperborean, is it safe to say it's mundane?
"What do we do with the vacant one now? Doesn't seem like he can care for himself. I don't want to drag him around forever. Plus, he could act up like his compatriot at any time. Suggestions?" Rhenmyr asks.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Since you failed to mention the cloak I got from the Hyperborean, is it safe to say it's mundane?
"What do we do with the vacant one now? Doesn't seem like he can care for himself. I don't want to drag him around forever. Plus, he could act up like his compatriot at any time. Suggestions?" Rhenmyr asks.

Sorry. Forgot about that, but no it does not radiate magic

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"We should question him on these matters, and if we don't get an answer I say we put the poor sod down for good. Let's face facts, the man doesn't seem to be able to do much on his own, and right now he's a huge liability. Bastard could cut our feet off while we're asleep as a means of revenge!"

I made the following jokes, but I realized they wouldn't be appropriate despite my character's nature. But, here they are anyway: "Let's face it, his main guardian has left this world without a leg to stand on. You just have to wonder how he'll get his foot through the door and make something of himself."

I'm so sorry. I couldn't resist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom