Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ignoring the towering mass of muscles next to him, Ker try asking another question to Zelkor before he leaves.
"Zelkor, before we let you go back to your work, do you know if there is somebody around here that was in the city recently? I'd love to buy him an ale and talk a bit about the latest news."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Zelkor scratches his chin thoughtfully before replying to Ker, "Well, there's that gods damned Hyperborean who just got off and his retinue, but I doubt he'll be much good for company or talk. Beyond that all of my traffic seems to be heading into Odessos, not coming from. Now if you'll excuse me I really need to finish up for the night." With that, Zelkor shouts a few orders to his slaves and heaves his great bulk up the hill, heading for the stables.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
The last light of dusk quickly fades into night, as a chorus of croaking frogs, chirping crickets, singing night birds and a ringing buoy all fill the damp air with an abundance of sounds. The mist that was forming earlier, has thickened into a dense bank of fog. Slaves light torches and the hustle and bustle of the evening chores slackens eventually as people make their way one by one to the warmth of the Longhouse.

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves, make introductions or anything you want really. I'll let it go for a little bit and then I'll post something where I call for everybody's plans for the evening: Do you sleep, drink, where do you want to be, etc.

Last edited:

bert

Arcane
Sokrates did not have to comprehend much of the language to know what the ferryman meant with his head shake. The big lug made a frown and tried to get his attention again, "Noooohh. Go!" He points in the same direction again, "Go! Pelagia!"

Lost, Sokrates sat in lotus position and just stared across the river in quiet thought - which really if one thought about it means he just sat there. Reaching into his pockets, he pulled prayer beads out and began to count them. He was told in his training that if he did so and recited, good things will always happen because Mitra is his friend. The paladin was unable to articulate very well, but there was a good, wise air about him that suggested whatever he does must usually be for an excellent reason. He prayed in his mind through simple emotion and images, 'What do I do? Oh Mitra. Please help.'

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán looks at the giant man, with a look of concern on his face. He then looks at Ker, "This is not a pleasant sight." He tries to speak, but there is some resistance. He sighs. "You think we should..." Marcán motions his head toward the giant, "...help him out a bit? I mean he seems to really want to get into the city, and we could certainly relate."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric wondered what the Kimmerian was upto, and walked towards him.
Having heard the exchange, he wondered if he should simplify his own queries, but decided that may not be necessary.
"Looking for a way in to Odessos, Kimmerian?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Barring any excitement on the way to the longhouse, Rhenmyr will secure lodging for the night, get some food and drink, look into catching the ferry into town tomorrow, and chat with the other patrons.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker looks back at his friend
"Well, I don't know..." then mutters "I can relate to feeling lost and abandonned in a strange place and he does look like a decent simple fellow... Let's see what that other man does and we'll follow cue. Right?"

Last edited:

bert

Arcane
Sokrates looked over his shoulder to the big man with the hammer who approached him. Someone mentioned the word 'help' and now the hammer man was talking to him. He did not comprehend most of the words, but upon the mention of Odessos he began to nod his head in agreement vigorously. "Yehs!"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric wasn't sure if the big guy understood him completely, but shrugged. "So am I."
Cautiously probing the giant's comprehension, he said "Borric.", pointing at himself.
He then caught two Kelts glancing in his direction, and answered their looks with a glare of his own.
What do these two want?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán meets the Kurgan's stare. He nudges Ker, and whispers "He spotted us Ker, might as well make our move before we are branded as enemies." He takes a few steps further, arms up and palms open, trying to show he doesn't mean harm to the armed men standing before him. "Hail! Pardon our rudeness, but my friend and I..." Marcán stumbles with his words a bit, "overheard you two talking about getting to Odessos. Well, it just so happens Zelkor promised us a lift to the very city come tomorrow. You could join us, if you'd like. "

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Ker sighs as he watches his friend go towards the two warriors. His friend's muscular body roughly matches the others', but his own build is more of the bookworm kind.
Considering they'd probably have to make the trip together, being friendly now might proves to be a good idea.

Ker follows his friend towards the towering figures.
"Standing here in the harbour is neither comfy nor practical. Why don't you follow us to the inn? We can talk over some ales there."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Outside of the Longhouse:
As Ker, Marcán, Sokrates and Borric converse idly near the dock, two nondescript men in heavy, hooded, brown cloaks emerge from below decks of the ferry, jump off and trudge up the hill, one nods curtly to the group as he passes by. Shortly thereafter they enter the Longhouse.

Inside the Longhouse:
Heron and Rhenmyr are seated around the warmth of the central firepit where a haunch of roasting mutton spits grease and they take in their libations with a couple of other patrons. A plain looking serving girl moves among the guests with a jug of beer, topping off mugs at request. Suddenly your reverie is broken with a gust of wind as the front door opens. Two men in heavy brown cloaks enter and slam the door behind themselves; their eyes scan back and forth in the dim light of the hall before finally settling on the Hyperborean in the heavy coat of bronze plate, who's seated at a table in a corner. They stride over and join him wordlessly.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Heron eyes the Hyperborean and the two men briefly before turning his attention back to his food and the fire with a mutter. He continues talking to those gathered around him, asking for rumours of strange happenings, both nearby and far, exchanging in trade the rumours he has already dismissed as superstitious flights of fancy. Eventually he turns to Rhenmyr, giving him an appraising squint and asking in Illyrian.

"A Stygian, is it? Apart from that ship's captain, your sort are a rarity in these parts. What brings you so far from those fetid jungles of yours, friend?" Heron gnaws on a piece of meat with his mangled teeth, grunting. "Mercenary?"

Last edited:

bert

Arcane
Something hit Sokrates's mind. It was an idea. A vision! A realization! Perhaps he should not be going to Odessos, but to follow where his instincts lead him! Sokrates gave a friendly nod to Borric and extended his hand for a shake. He followed Borric's gesture with his own, touching his chest with his thumb and replying "Sock.. kra... teese.." He drooled in the corner of his mouth as he struggled to say his name. They were approached by another man, smaller. He did not know what he was saying, but when the word 'ale' was mentioned Sokrates' mood brightened up tenfold. "Ale! Aaaaulll!" He grinned and pointed to the longhouse.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr glances toward the door as the two men enter and watches as the join the Hyperborean. "Interesting" he thinks, "What are they up to?" before returning the the group at hand, listening more than speaking. That is, until he is questioned by a ....what what exactly? A short twitchy Acadian by the looks of it. "Best not to judge on looks," he thinks.

"Fetid? Commorium and your cities in Acadia as well, no doubt, have scents far more offensive than anything the worst the jungles of Stygia have to offer," he says smiling. "Actually, I'm trying to find Koren Ghul in Odessos. Do any of you know how to get into the city and where to find him?" My name's Rhenmyr, friend. You are?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Borric barked a short laugh at Sokrutees' reaction, then turned to the Kelts. "Seems we're all for Odessos. Might as well travel in numbers." He gestured the others to follow him as he walked towards the longhouse.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Eventually everyone files into the smoke-filled and dimly lit hall, the doors shut, and meals of some thin, watery gruel, the cook calls "lamb stew" are eaten . You all make idle conversation and imbibe watery, sour beer with some rowdy sailors from the merchant vessels, but as the evening passes on into night, they eventually stagger out the door leaving you all with just the towering Hyperborean, his two silent companions and the residents of the Ferry - Zelkor, his wife, the bartender, the serving wench and a couple of slaves.

A quiet, somber mood settles over the longhouse as the taciturn Hyperborean and his two companions retire to one of the common sleeping areas in the structure (there's one at each end). Shortly thereafter Zelkor rises from his seat at the bar, stretches his arms and excuses himself. "I'm leaving for Odessos an hour after daybreak. Meet me at the docks if you're taking passage. Until then, g'night all." With that he turns and exits with his drunk and equally corpulent wife.

What do you do?

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Borric reminds the bartender about referring him to Zelkor, and retires for the night.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The bartender looks up drunkenly at Borric, "Wha? ... Oh righhhht, fershur." He smacks his lips wetly, looks around with a slightly confused expression then shrugs. Shortly thereafter he settles heavily onto his barstool behind the bar and lowers his head down to the bartop.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"Are you all heading into Odessos tomorrow, too? I'll see you around dawn. Good night!" Rhenmyr heads to bed; it will be an early morning. He take the time to make sure the box is secure on his person, before turning in. Can't be too careful.

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Earlier to Rhenmyr

"My name is Heron." Heron gives a crooked smile and offers Rhenmyr his gnarled hand leaving a residue of flaky skin" Koren Ghul? I can't say that I've had the pleasure. Mind, I've never stepped inside Odessos so that's hardly a surprise. As for making your way into the city, well, apart from attempting passage with Zelkor I wouldn't know how. Just as you I am trying to make my way into the city and just as you I'm stuck until morn. So Rhenmyr, you answered all my questions but one. You have the look of a man that could be a mercenary, but I don't particularly sense the lust for coin you expect to find in men of such trade. If you don't mind pandering to a wearied soul's curiosity, just what is it that you do?"

Later:
Heron drinks and eats until fatigue overtakes him, and hobbles over to a dark corner with a few blankets and rests.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom