Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán nods to Borric, realizing he could alert the would-be attackers, as he unsheathes his blade. He then turns to Ker and shakes his head, and puts one finger to his lips and shushes as quietly as he could.

He gestures toward the door, inviting the others to go outside with him and investigate.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker takes his sickle in one hand and his hometown's mistletoe sprig in the other, sighs and follows Marcan, staying a bit behind him.
Is there any light outside or any moonlight?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Tell me your order. Who is opening the door? For what it's worth, there is also back door.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I propose we move single file, in order of HP- Marcan, Borric, Ker Gwez.
Following that once we walk out and figure stuff out Marcan and Borric go in front and Ker Gwez hangs back, mostly to chuck stones.
I'm not sure how survivable we are, so maybe we should just raise a huge noise if we figure it's a threat?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker'd better stay in between you, if we're attacked by behind he's dead meat. I'll chuck stones and cast (1) spells
Ker also take his lantern in case we get to a non lightened place.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ker'd better stay in between you, if we're attacked by behind he's dead meat. I'll chuck stones and cast (1) spells
Ker also take his lantern in case we get to a non lightened place.
Ok, single file through the door, and then spread out as you say.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker takes his sickle in one hand and his hometown's mistletoe sprig in the other, sighs and follows Marcan, staying a bit behind him.
Is there any light outside or any moonlight?

There is no light to speak of, The ruddy brown Phobos is in the dark phase of a new moon and the pale, aqua light of a quarter full Luna barely breaks through the heavy mist (visibility is maybe 30 or 40 yards).

Marcán carefully pulls on the handle of the heavy oak door but it squeaks much more loudly than you would care for. Regardless you cautiously step over the threshold and scan your eyes back and forth. To your right you can barely make out the silhouette of a large figure shrouded in the mist about 20 yards away. The figure is standing at the crest of the hill that overlooks the short trail that leads to the river and the dock. The rest of your companions step through the door and descend the short flight of steps to the muddy track that runs in front of the longhouse.

Everyone, including bert, needs to roll a 3d6 intelligence check minus your level (You want to roll equal to or under).

bert

Arcane
Sokrates knew danger when it was here. He drew his bastard sword and shield and ran in the direction of the stables.

[1d20] = 18

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán and company at first thought that the figure in the mist might be the tall Hyperborean, but slowly you all realize that the hulking brute overlooking the river isn't quite as tall and is much broader through the shoulders - The half-wit Kimmerian Sokrates, who spent all night trying to drink everyone under the table.

Just as dawning realization spreads amongst the gathered companions, Sokrates pulls his blade and charges past the small knot of people headed in the direction of the stables. Moments later muffled shouts and curses fill the air from the direction of the river and a diffuse light suddenly illuminates the fog near the dock.

Rhenmyr you are now awake. You look around and notice that all of the pallets around you are empty. A few moments after you wake, you almost think you hear shouting coming from outside.

Smashing Axe Since everyone else made their intelligence check to recognize Sokrates, you don't need to roll

Last edited:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
"Wasn't that...Socratiz? Let's follow him, he might be in trouble!"
Ker then waits for one of the warriors to take the lead and will follow him closely

There is a time for planning, but now is the time for instinct :outrage:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Not to get too pedantic, but how will your characters plan without speaking to each other?

nikolokolus

Arcane
I will freely concede that hand signals might be possible, but there's always a chance for misinterpretation

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr double checks his surroundings looking for anyone or anything amiss. He then makes sure his box is secure, readies his equipment for a fight, and carefully goes to investigate the commotion.

Are there any windows to look out? I'd like to get a good picture of what's going on before heading outside.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
"Marcan, come! The big guy might be doing something foolish!", yelled Borric as loud as he could, advancing towards the stables.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Alright, alright!" Marcán replied, and tailed Borric as they entered the stables. "What became of him, I wonder?" Marcán ponders out loud. He motions for Ker to follow with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom