Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr motions the others forward and scouts to the next doorway.

Cormac dry heaves multiple times trying to keep his last meal down.

"That was the most disturbing thing I have ever seen, well except that time when I was running around in the forest and saw something unexplainable."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker makes a few *clicking* noises with his tongue on the roof of his mouth and whistles a couple of times. The only reply is the faint echo reverberating off of the mirror polished stone floor and jointless wall.

Meanwhile, Rhenmyr cautiously pads along the narrow, triangular-arched passageway and eventually comes to the opening. As you step through a grand vista opens up before you: There room is a circular chamber about 60 feet wide, with a 30 foot high domed roof. There is an indistinct light source filling the chamber with soft orange light and in the center of the room is a raised plinth about 2 feet tall and about 10 feet in diameter. Atop this plinth is a stone bier and motionless figure laying in repose atop it - the figure appears to be a pale, long-limbed, gaunt-cheeked fellow with a shock of platinum white hair. He is naked save for a simple breechclout.

Cormac shakes he head to clear it after retaining his lunch. Look around and then follows a few feet behind Rhenmyr. He stops when he sees the figure laying atop the stone. "Uh, seeing as what just happened, the nasty plant monster, the spore people and the creature we saw on the balcony, I am really hoping this is a bit more mundane."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think Borric blew the sense danger roll earlier or we could have used it, but is there any contraption around in the room? Like behind the stone bier? Also this is probably trapped.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Maybe we should get a better look at him before you tie him up and slap him silly. Cormac might recognize him from the tower."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can I, or some of us more qualified, roll perception or something to check for vitals from as safe a distance as possible? Or maybe I should stand behind him ready to knock him out.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I presume you are all still standing at the mouth of the entrance into this domed chamber while you palaver?

After Rhenmyr's comment, Cormac peers over at the still figure several dozen feet away. The man looks vaguely like the master of the tower, Koren Ghul, but much younger. You think to yourself, "His son perhaps?"

"It looks sort of like Ghul, but younger. I don't remember him having a son. We should be cautious. I still don't know why the apprentice started to attack my group in the first place. He may not like us too."

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"The apprentice might just be an admirer of Ghul. I rule for tying him up."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Just a quick heads up. My ability to post is going to be somewhat limited for the next couple of weeks. My cable company royally screwed up my internet situation during my upcoming move and I'm pretty much w/o decent internet access from home until just after the first of the year. I'll try to post from my phone when I can.

p.s. Fuck Comcast

Just a quick heads up. My ability to post is going to be somewhat limited for the next couple of weeks. My cable company royally screwed up my internet situation during my upcoming move and I'm pretty much w/o decent internet access from home until just after the first of the year. I'll try to post from my phone when I can.

p.s. Fuck Comcast
They all totally suck! I went without internet for over 6 months because verizon didn't want to add any more capacity to the town in Massachusetts I lived in for two years. TWC has been ok this time, in other areas, not so much.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Bloody chicken! Can't wait to sit by the fireplace with yer folks to bewitch them with tales of how brave you were!" Marcán shouts. He says in a lower voice, "...And I swear if I die, you're telling that story yerself I swear on Ker's honor."

He follows Borric toward the sleeping man. "Any last minute ideas and/or objections? No?" Marcán proceeds to help Borric in tying the rope.

Cormac holds his club over his shoulder, nervously scanning the room as the others go forward.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom