Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'm not conscious of any of this, am I?
Conscious and aware of everything your body is doing and saying, but your will has been subdued; you're sort of like a backseat driver without the ability to complain. For instance you have no ability to read the thoughts of Ghul while he's inside your head.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán thinks to himself, "I'll give them a tale the blasted...say, Ghul, how long is this gonna go on? I enjoy my body, thank you very much."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, right. Forgot to mention. It's cool to have you back, man. If only for a little while(?).

I find it ridiculous that a place of higher learning would ban access to information. Just my two cents.

"Yeah, we just want to make sure he hasnt become a spore person, or gone mad like the apprenticies in the tower, or something worse."

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I find it ridiculous that a place of higher learning would ban access to information. Just my two cents.
banned.gif

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey nikolokolus, minor thing but front page has Borric as retired and a fighter, change plis?
Will do. Just FYI, my internet is super dodgy right now. My cable company prematurely cut of my internet so I'm stuck with crappy 3G on my phone until January 2nd (I have to tether my phone to my router) and I have to be really careful with my data usage between now and then, but I'll do what I can.
Take your time chief, just wanted to remind you is all.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Say, sir, could we talk with Marcan? Just to check his well-being?"

"Yeah, we just want to make sure he hasnt become a spore person, or gone mad like the apprenticies in the tower, or something worse."

After a pregnant pause that seems to stretch on for far too long, Koren/Marcán finally replies to Ker and Cormac. "Yes ... Well no, actually. That is to say, you're friend is perfectly fine and I'll return him to you after I've done one little thing. This sort of control is a tricky thing and it's all or nothing I'm afraid." He absentmindedly scratches at his chin for a few seconds lost in thought and then opens his eyes wide and snaps his fingers, "Oooh! Right! I almost forgot! I've got to get you the hells out of here if there's to be any hope." He quickly strides over to the blank wall opposite the room's lone door and starts to deftly and rapidly palpate the smooth glass-like stone feeling for something.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As his hands furiously and deftly trace intricate patterns in the air and on the wall, Koren/Márcan speaks over his shoulder as he works. "So you there with the box, I'm deeply curious about Djivan. Did he tell you anything before he burdened you with that thing?" He grumbles under his breath for a second, "I'll give that recalcitrant a piece of my mind if I ever see him again."

"From seeing Marcan, it doesn't look like Djivan would have a choice." Cormac states with a smirk. Then realizes that was probably not a good thing to say. He quickly looks down and starts to scrape the dust on the stones into a pattern hoping there is no reaction.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"No explanation. He just said to secretly delivery the box to you, and only you, as soon as possible. Imagine my surprise at finding that your tower had burned and been sealed before I'd even left."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The possessed form of Márcan rubs at his jaw thoughtfully, "Well . . . your Djivan sounds a lot like the one I knew . . . I mean there are always subtle variations from one shade to the next, but for him to foist this on to you in such a craven and underhanded way!?" He says incredulously and then slumps his shoulders a bit. "Perhaps I'm being unjust? Maybe the old yellow-belly had a good reason to send you forth (though what it could be utterly escapes me)?"

"Look. As I said before there are certain consequences if I say too much to you, but you must believe me that it's imperative that you go back complete the task that was meant for your master (even if he shirked his duty and subverted my geas). It's of dire importance that you stop my former apprentice. . . well, not mine preciscely, but the Koren you know . . . I need you to return and stop a man called Abazion from finding something. If he wasn't able to breach my . . . I mean the tower's inner sanctum then that is good and buys us some time, but without me . . . or your Koren Ghul there, it's only a matter of time until he rediscovers the key -- a certain tome of elder wisdom called the book of Eibon -- and unbars the way into my tower. This book is a volume that we hid away long ago with the help of our First Apprentice to prevent its use."
He chuckles a little nervously, "There are passages in this book that can open doors, gates and other ways not always meant for mortal souls." He fidgets a bit and chews at the corner of his lip, "It's ghastly for me to put this burden on you, but if you have any love of your world or the people you have left behind, then I implore you all to help me. If you will not, then you leave me but one rather unsavory option that I would rather not explore . . ." He lets his last words sort of hang in the air.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Bah! More meddling about with magicks. A pox on all you wizards!" Borric grumbles. "Where do we even begin looking for this tome you seek?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Just think Borric, stopping this Abazion would likely mean getting to split his skull. Given the previous sorcerer we dealt with, that could be very satisfying. Master Ghul, what can you tell us of Abazion and the book? A description would be helpful. Locations would be great."

Is there time for Ghul to identify some of the loot we've picked up? The stuff found in the tower at least?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom