Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

"You would not believe it, although after the goat man, maybe. I thought I saw a regular house cat, yet it was standing upright. It wore clothing and carried a small sword. When I motioned for everyone to advance he jumped up onto the beam above and vanished."

nikolokolus

Arcane
I think I forgot to mention one thing, the cat-like thing was about three feet tall when it stood up -- but otherwise looked like a very large house cat with prehensile forepaws.

L'ennui

Magister
"Why... you're right, were it not for the pervasive strangeness of this place, I'd not believe ye. Hmmm... Did you scare it off, maybe? Or perhaps it heard one of us approaching to join you... in any case, it may still be watching us, or it may be far from here already. We could go investigate the spot where you saw him, then continue on our way. Ideas?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Maybe use your magicks to sense him? If that cannot be, let us press onward."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash's eyes begin to glow with a soft ruddy yellow light. He peers in the direction of the cottage about a hundred or more yards away and he is forced to squint. The entire house is suffused with a kaleidoscope of shifting reds, greens, yellows and blacks. The whole house is full of nearly overwhelming magical radiance. Almost as an afterthought your attention is drawn to your side where Amon is standing and quietly conversing with your other comrades. The two blades he snatched up from Farthingy's hut are both clearly of a magical nature. One glows a vibrant red, the other gives off a lurid purple radiance -- the colors associated with The Balance and Shadow respectively.

The spell detects auras, invisible creatures and also gives a rough approximation of how powerful a bit of sorcery is compared to the caster's own POW. The aura around this cottage is much stronger than Urash's inherent magical strength.

L'ennui

Magister
"There is much power all around us, 'tis almost... overwhelming. We should be careful. As for those two blades, Amon, they are more than simple steel. One is of The Balance, one is of Shadow. I do not see the cat creature, however. There is magic all around us, but I cannot trace him or *it* specifically."

Amon looks down at the two swords he is carrying.

"That is a fascinating development. I guess we did get something useful from that vile goat beast. As for the cat. I have a feeling he is watching. He already knows we are here. We may have a direction at this point, but we are still lacking in information of this strance land. Maybe he is friendly and could help? One of us could call to him and ask for informatin, maybe in exchange for some dried meat?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marcán begins yowling and mewling loud enough for his voice to carry across the misty meadow to the cottage. Several minutes pass in silence, until surprisingly a short-ish figure cautiously pokes its head from around the corner of the ruined front wall of the cottage. Several faint yowls drift over the open turf that you have no way of interpreting, except that it almost seems that the noises end on a questioning note.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can I cast Understanding to speak cat?

"Looks like you were right, Borric. Anyone have any spare jerky?" He beckons the cat over with his impression, while cautiously taking a step towards it.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Can I cast Understanding to speak cat?

"Looks like you were right, Borric. Anyone have any spare jerky?" He beckons the cat over with his impression, while cautiously taking a step towards it.
Sure. You can cast Understanding to decipher spoken or written language

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Casting (48) vs [1d100] = 68

Aw well. I mean, does this count as under stress?
Sure, You're under a bit of a time constraint
Marcán finishes his spell and the cat-thing yowls once more, but this time it fills your head as if it were speech of a sort. The gist of the thing's meowing seems to be, "How is that you know the greeting of the Cait Sidhe, and why are you sneaking up on a poor fellow who is trying to enjoy a meal?"

Siveon

Bot
"Thank you Amon." He takes the meat, walks even closer, crouches, and waves it in the direction of the creature. "I'm afraid it was merely a guess little one, but perhaps I can offer another meal as an apology."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Is Urash's Witch Sight still in effect? If so, good does he perceive the cat creature?
It is
Urash looks on toward the cottage, but because of the walls between himself and the cat-thing, he can't see the creature right now.
"Thank you Amon." He takes the meat, walks even closer, crouches, and waves it in the direction of the creature. "I'm afraid it was merely a guess little one, but perhaps I can offer another meal as an apology."
Marcán gets close enough to the cottage that he can just see the shy cat creature peeking from around the corner of the wall. He cautiously steps out and sniffs the air, "Hmmm . . . you are not Daoine Sidhe, but your manners and look are the same. An age since I have seen such courtesy in these ill-fated woods." He smiles a broad, toothsome grin that splits his round face.
FsW5pon.jpg

The creature is very odd to look at; his eyes are overly large, his mouth seems two sizes too big, and his body looks very much like a small child's --standing about three feet tall and covered with fluffy grey and black fur. He is wearing a leather jack, knee-high cavalry boots with silver-threaded embroidery, and a broad leather belt suspending a poniard and a sheathed rapier of some sort. He sweeps his pointed cap off of his head and bows low, "Moggle Ratsbane Esquire, at your service." He leans and looks past Marcán at the rest of you. "Your friends seem reluctant to come near?"

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
So, Master Cat + Cait Sith + Cheshire Cat. Nice.

Marcán returns Moggle's bow. "Marcán Macc Fionghall, a pleasure. We are unfamiliar to this land, so forgive our caution." He motions at the group to get closer.

Amon moves forward. "Greetings. I am Amon. I hope we did not startle you too much. We didn't know exactly what to expect."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom