Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playing Fallout 1 For The First Time...

Arcanoix

Scholar
Yes, despite hypocritically claiming I've played it, I played the demo. Having found a copy of the Fallout Trilogy (1, 2, Tactics) at Wal-Mart lastnight with a $19.97 (lawl, irony?) price tag, I couldn't pass it up.

Now where is the damned rope to climb down the elevator shaft of the other Vault?

Shoelip

Arbiter
Wal-Mart carries M rated games?

EDIT: Oh right sorry, you wanted help. Go to the small town of shady sands just a bit south east of Vault 13 and you can buy rope.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Arcanoix said:
Now where is the damned rope to climb down the elevator shaft of the other Vault?

You need to bring your own rope to get down to the second level of the vault. Perhaps you remember passing a town on your way to Vault 15?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You'll need more rope as you progress through the game. Although it can be found in a handful of places, in most cases you'll have to buy it from shops.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Shady Sands have two ropes for free.
First on gate guard, second in toilet

Andhaira

Arcane
Don't miss out on tactics. Its a good game too. Graphic and animation wise its the best of the bunch.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
AndhairaX said:
Don't miss out on tactics. Its a good game too. Graphic and animation wise its the best of the bunch.

The sound was quite good too, as I recall. Too bad they don't make 2D games anymore, since some, like Tactics, were really quite attractive and haven't aged a day in the past decade.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Helton said:
Tactics is great until, I think, second or third mission with Super Mutants starts to get boring.

The first two missions in the Super Mutant campaign are, in my opinion, the highpoint of Tactics. Especially the "defend the Cathredal" mission. I can understand your frustration because of the bugged M2 Brownings, though.

(For those unfamiliar with the bug, the M2 Brownings have a very high chance to causing critical hits at long ranges. You'll know this because your teammates start dropping dead.)

Other awesome moments in Tactics include the "Riddick" special encounter (good luck with that one), the "Bonus" mission and the early mission where you infiltrate an abandoned underground bunker. One of the few instances in Tactics where you get a "choice and consequence" moment.

But be warned, Tactics is bugged. Save early, save often.

elander_

Arbiter
That mission where you are supposed to fight mutants carrying those weapons is to be played with the armored vehicle. You can snipe the mutants from a distance and they can't arm you when inside the vehicle, but the vehicle will take damage so you need to bring a mechanic to repair it occasionally.

Zomg

Arbiter
The bug with machineguns in Tactics is that "missed" bullets get a good chance to autohit anyone standing near the target. So if an enemy is shooting at long range at one of your guys while another of your guys is three steps from him, the the bystander will get splattered in seconds even if the enemies would have no chance to hit him if they were trying to. Therefore you twink out one guy to kill at long range and just have him prone-snipe everyone to death by himself in the gayest manner possible.

There is no rope compass and no popup with fontsize 300 which tells me where to find a rope, thusly the game sucks and Oblivion is the best RPG ever.

SimpleComplexity said:
There is no rope compass and no popup with fontsize 300 which tells me where to find a rope, thusly the game sucks and Oblivion is the best RPG ever.
Did he bitch about not being able to find rope? No. He simply enquired as to its whereabouts. Go fuck yourself.

skyway

Educated
Satori said:
SimpleComplexity said:
Did he bitch about not being able to find rope? No. He simply enquired as to its whereabouts. Go fuck yourself.

So much butthurt. Compensating for you Oblivion love?

Kron

Arcane
Playing Fallout for the first time was just... magical.
Finding out what the bottle caps were, trading and getting your first guns, arriving to the brotherhood station, the glow...
*sniff*

Melcar

Arcane
Yeah, the first time wasn't that great. It was like when you have sex for the first time with the cheap hooker down the street and fail to go all the way due to performance anxiety, after which you proceed to beat the shit out of said hooker. The second time is much better thought.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom