Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Playing Two Worlds for the first time

Which of these games is the best (or least bad)?

• Two Worlds

• Gothic 3

• TES: Oblivion

• TES: Skyrim

• Divine Divinity

• They are all bad beyond redemption.

• They are all bad beyond redemption.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JDR13

Arcane
Too much stuff annoyed me about Two Worlds when I tried it. Voice acting, weird day-and-night cycle, inability to wait or rest, resurrection shrines and mana shrines every few steps, weird design decisions such as virtual absence of female NPCs, etcetera. Some of the quests were good, itemization was nice, but all in all it gave an impression of being a sort of random collection of fantasy clichés without plan or coherence. For all its numerous flaws, Oblivion held my attention for much longer.

What was weird about the day-night cycle?

newtmonkey

Arcane
Although there are a lot of "so bad it's good" movies, it's hard to find a similar experience with games, as bad games tend to also be completely unplayable.

Two Worlds is the exception as it's a breeze to play, and the exploration and loot can be fun... but YE GODS the voice acting and dialog are so entertainingly bad that it pushes the game from a mediocre open world ARPG to something unforgettable.

Miner Arobar

Educated
Too much stuff annoyed me about Two Worlds when I tried it. Voice acting, weird day-and-night cycle, inability to wait or rest, resurrection shrines and mana shrines every few steps, weird design decisions such as virtual absence of female NPCs, etcetera. Some of the quests were good, itemization was nice, but all in all it gave an impression of being a sort of random collection of fantasy clichés without plan or coherence. For all its numerous flaws, Oblivion held my attention for much longer.

What was weird about the day-night cycle?

IIRC nighttime duration was really weird in comparison to daytime duration, with night only lasting a few minutes or so. Then again, Two Worlds had this thing about the ghosts of everything you killed haunting during the night, which was pretty neat.

wishbonetail

Learned
The sand desert area with dunes, scorching sun and everything in TW1 is situated on a plateau with lush green fields down below. I uninstalled this shit the moment I saw it. Clearly no thought has been given into the environments, anyone who compares this to G3 must be insane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom