Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - Hoenn Confirmed

deuxhero

Arcane
The GBA's lack of dedicated sound hardware really is one of its biggest flaws.

Well, if you discount the remakes and versions there are only seven games, not 30.

1- Red/Blue/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green
2- Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver
3- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
4- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
5- Black/White
6- Black 2/White 2
7- X/Y

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New/first footage to be shown this Sunday. I have only ever played the original Gameboy Pokemon games, but I intend to buy one game in the series for 3DS. I will wait and see how it looks. If it does not interest me, I might go with one of the other installments.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

Yeah. Some people have restored GBA music samples to what they'd sound like on a better machine, I know Mother 3 fans have done that and the music sounds a lot better without that muffled effect that GBA music gets.

kaizoku

Arcane
Hm, I guess I need to get into this Pokémon thing some day. Where to start? Red? Blue? Yellow?

Play Yellow if you want to surf with pikachu.

I only played the originals, don't know about the remakes.

Delterius

Arcane
Well, if you discount the remakes and versions there are only seven games, not 30.

1- Red/Blue/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green
2- Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Silver
3- Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
4- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
5- Black/White
6- Black 2/White 2
7- X/Y
The profitability is insane. And people diss EA for what they do.... Gamefreakz are the real masters and they make Kotick sound like a chump.

Gotta buy 'em all!

Speaking of that, the Surfing Pikachu minigame is only available if you import a Pikachu from the Nintendo 64 game Pokémon Stadium, since Pikachu isn't able to learn Surf during regular gameplay.

:troll:

Yeah. Some people have restored GBA music samples to what they'd sound like on a better machine, I know Mother 3 fans have done that and the music sounds a lot better without that muffled effect that GBA music gets.

Depending on the fans' level of dedication, you can perform a complete cosmetic surgery on the game.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/657/

Final Fantasy VI - Sound Restoration hack

This hack, that could also be called “FF6 advance as it should have been”, basically replace the music with the original music from the SNES version (gone the aggressive fuzzy instruments, rhythm errors and missing flats and sharps).
The opera songs are now sung by true opera solists, and the major part of the opera tunes are played by Tokio’s orchestra.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/765/

Color Restoration Patch

To accommodate for the undersized, relatively dark monitor of the Game Boy Advance, a variety of colors in Final Fantasy VI Advance exhibit a higher degree of saturation than that of the earlier versions. Consequently, the graphics generally appear brighter, and certain colors diverge significantly from their original specifications. As such, the purpose of this patch, which supports all three versions, is to restore the colors to their former state.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
I thought this was going to be a new game or remake with the original 150 pokemon. Doesn't look like it. Guess I still don't need to buy a 3DS.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I thought this was going to be a new game or remake with the original 150 pokemon. Doesn't look like it. Guess I still don't need to buy a 3DS.

Ruby/Sapphire are vastly superior to the originals.

J1M

Arcane

Ruby/Sapphire are vastly superior to the originals.
The original 150 have a level of charm that cannot be matched. Hence why I was hoping for a new game with them. Preferably with stupid shit like gender removed.

Xavin

Novice
I will be severely disappointed if they don't make a new braille code for Regigigas, and if Brendan/May still don't evolve their starter.

deuxhero

Arcane
The starter thing was fixed in Emerald, the being start of GF's love of completely incompetent "rivals" wasn't.

Avellion

Erudite
The trainer redesigns.

corocoro7144.jpg

On the bright side, the male trainer is not as bad as he was before. The female trainer looks a bit over designed.

There mega evoultions for the other starters are available too, but Serebii are making them hard to link. But they look like they were trying too hard with them, as with all other mega evolutions.

Avellion

Erudite
So, I have decided on 3 pokemon I will use for team Tranny

Cosplay Pikachu

images

Mega Evolved Ballerina Slowbro. Maybe that thing to the right too.

lqow9anu8ucguvzbx92x.png

And of course, Gardevoir

250px-282Gardevoir.png

But I am gonna need 2-3 more pokemon to fill the remaining slots. Got any suggestions? They need to be able to have a male sex.

Bahamut

Arcane
Just get a pink mudkip and be fabulous

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom