Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

POLL: Old "Brofist" or the new "Button Parade"?

Which is better, the new system or the old one?

• Total voters

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It seems they only appear if the person editing writes a reason for the editing, otherwise there is no indication of the edit... is this as intended?

It appears in both cases. You can still edit your post without notice if there are no posts after it(?).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
also, applying a different rating first, then brofisting, then using undo rating does clear the brofist from the individual ratings count, but not the first rating (or somebody was going through haba's posts and butthurting them at the same time i tested this).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It seems they only appear if the person editing writes a reason for the editing, otherwise there is no indication of the edit... is this as intended?
It appears in both cases. You can still edit your post without notice if there are no posts after it(?).
Yeah, just tested out, it was due having no posts after it...
Depends on what you're doing. There's a five minute reprieve after posting as well as a small character allowance for correcting typo's. Being under the threshold of either will mean no edit appears.

By the way, I assume people are finding that they can edit their own thread titles now?

No you didn't.

Prot-tip: Unbrofist him. Refresh. Then Brofist him and refresh again.
ok, but you can brofist and apply another rating at the same time, apparently.
Hmmm... I tested that and it didn't seem that you could. Your last rating will always outdo your previous (ie: brofist, than lulz and they only get the lulz; lulz and then brofist and they only get the brofist). The JavaScript isn't smart enough but you're only allowed one database entry per post, so it should get over-written.

also, applying a different rating first, then brofisting, then using undo rating does clear the brofist from the individual ratings count, but not the first rating (or somebody was going through haba's posts and butthurting them at the same time i tested this).
Ok, it seems that combination might do something. I see you've given me a fist and a bird.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I kind of like it:

-it should help keep the forums cleaner by channelling what would have been inane posts into inane icons
-it gives me ability to tell people they're retarded without having to write one-liner post about it

The forums are much more cluttered with these dumb animated shits everywhere, not to mention with both systems in place at the same time (WTF).

You aren't telling anyone anything by clikcing on an icon. Eventually everyone will ignore those. If you think someone's stupid, you should write a post cleverly and funnily pointing this out.

Consolification of forums.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
The forums are much more cluttered with these dumb animated shits everywhere, not to mention with both systems in place at the same time (WTF).
I assume it's there because the first system shows the last 3 or so brofisters of a post

Oriebam

DU ever since the rating system was added a fraction of a blank page keeps appearing(and disappearing) on the screen as I move my cursor on the page

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
DarkUnderlord, can you at least just restrict this admittedly rather amusing faggotry to GD? Other forums are getting fucked up because of it, for example look at the latest ToEE thread in GRPG. A couple of assholes are just giving the retarded rating tag to every single post in that thread. Quite unprestigious.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord, can you at least just restrict this admittedly rather amusing faggotry to GD? Other forums are getting fucked up because of it, for example look at the latest ToEE thread in GRPG. A couple of assholes are just giving the retarded rating tag to every single post in that thread. Quite unprestigious.
As with those who brofisted everything when the brofist was first introduced, they have been punished.

OR at least remove the fucking auto-hide negative posts function, for fuck sake. The screen look like it belong to some faggot ignore people right and left.
I removed that about 12 hours ago. So I'd really like to know where you're still seeing it.

Of course, that also only goes to show the vast number of people who comment who have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

EDIT: If you'd merely agreed with someone else's post, you'd have avoided this embarrassing faux pas. :smug:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
One question. What on earth does :Msignify? </newfag>
piercing, googly eyes that see truths untold. a sharp beak used to break the hardest shell.
together they form the fated parrot of doom, who needs a bathroom real urgent like.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I don't understand what's the fucking issue here. People should be able to retardo posts of Guadohost, Humanity has risen and the rest of retards...

EG

Nullified
I don't understand what's the fucking issue here. People should be able to retardo posts of Guadohost, Humanity has risen and the rest of retards...

YEAH! IF WE VOTE, DU HAS TO RETARDO THEM. PERFECT SENSE. TROLOLOLOL.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Why don't you love me, Country_Gravy? Why must you rate all my posts!

Oh, the futility of expressing my idiocy on the Internet! How this knowledge destroys me.

:martini:

It's not you, bro...it's me. I just don't think this is going to work, you and me, and I need some space and time to myself.

That, and I think I have rated most of the posts in this thread usually retarded or butthurt. It's the only place I really plan on using any of these. It's nothing personal. It's strictly lulzy.

visions

Arcane
New shit is annoying clutter. Also having both, the brofist and agree, is completely redundant.

Oriebam

the embedder stuff glitches the page in a similar way now too, maybe that's a clue on how to fix it

Mortmal

Arcane
Right now i am reading 82% for old brofist system and 18% for the lulzy one, now according dark underlord logic that means there a strong support of 18% of codexers, i am sorry guys but the new buttons are staying.

kazgar

Arcane
I'm hoping there's another mod for a additional rating system, and that can be added on top of the two that we already have. This way the ratings can be cross-ranked, and only then we'll know which posts are the best.

Repressed Homosexual
Ok, without the auto-hide it's at least not Orwellian like. It would've annoyed the hell out of everyone eventually and they would've fled. I adblocked all those dumb icons for now.

It still really creates lots of unwanted chaos and clutter, and makes posting detailed arguments rather uninviting.

Is the future of discussion a sore butt icon pasted on a forum post, forever?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom