Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post the LIES that the game media and nerds spread

Ladders & Snakes

Educated
Hi,

you know stuff like

"Half-Life had a great story" -- no it hadn't. It was just aliens taking over a research station, marines coming and a man with a black briefcase who made absolutely no sense and the developers DID not know what he was supposed to be, so they invented some lame-ass excuse for the outro. You could say it had NO STORY at all.

I want to know

:M

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tell me about arcanum drog.

When are you going to release your new patch?

baronjohn

Cipher
Anything good about Bioshock is a fucking lie by morans whose first fps, possibly even first game ever, was Bioshock.

bioshock is survival horror!!!!111 (fag never played survival horror)
bioshock has a great story!!!!11 (fag couldn't tell a good story if it hit him in the head)
bioshock is definitely one of the 10 best games evar!!!11 (fag has played 4 video games in his life)
etc

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
baronjohn said:
Anything good about Bioshock is a fucking lie by morans whose first fps, possibly even first game ever, was Bioshock.
Twist was interesting in a meta kind of way (though as a story you could see it coming from about 5 minutes in if you'd played SS2). Atmosphere was superb until the twist, then kinda breaks down. Rest of the game was pretty mediocre though.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Thread may be retarded, but will it be retardoed?

vhesno.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'll play.

Final Fantasy 7 has a deep and very interesting story, excellent characters and is one of the greatest, most moving role-playing games of all time. We will never see a game like it again. The scene near the end of Disc 1 made everyone cry. A definite masterpiece.

attackfighter

Magister
pocahaunted said:
I gotta agree with any and all half-life related bashing, might as well include Valve into the mix as well. Most overrated developer of all time.

Blizzard called, they say they are even more overrated

Ladders & Snakes

Educated
attackfighter said:
pocahaunted said:
I gotta agree with any and all half-life related bashing, might as well include Valve into the mix as well. Most overrated developer of all time.

Starcraft and Warcraft I + II were great games :M

Never cared about Diablo

zeitgeist

Magister
I'm particularly fond of the "technological limitations" myth. You know, "turn-based was only used in ye ancient times because computers couldn't handle the massive processing power needed to make a first/third person console aRPG" and such.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
zeitgeist said:
I'm particularly fond of the "technological limitations" myth. You know, "turn-based was only used in ye ancient times because computers couldn't handle the massive processing power needed to make a first/third person console aRPG" and such.
Is this a real thing? Because it sounds fucking insane.

zeitgeist

Magister
Andyman Messiah said:
zeitgeist said:
Is this a real thing? Because it sounds fucking insane.
Absolutely, and it's used to support even sillier arguments. Check this out - apparently single player was also a product of crippling technological limitations, if only we had such advanced technology back in the day so we could play games with our Facebook buddies.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
The "Multiplatform game will have excellent graphics" when it lacks Anti Aliasing on PC and is shackled to 5+ year old tech. How the fuck do they come up with such retarded system requirements when the game can run on a 5 year old shitbox console? Piss poor coding? Horrible port?

pocahaunted

Arcane
attackfighter said:
pocahaunted said:

Except Blizzard at least has some pretty decent games, while Valve is like the Apple of gaming. Not really, but that's how much I'm biased against them.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
pocahaunted said:
attackfighter said:
pocahaunted said:

Except Blizzard at least has some pretty decent games, while Valve is like the Apple of gaming. Not really, but that's how much I'm biased against them.

I quite enjoyed my years of playing TFC, mind you, Valve didnt create the Team Fortress idea, merely adapted it, but it was a great lot of fun. TFPixar however is a fucking joke. Still pissed off that I finally purchased that shit game last year, buyers remorse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom