Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preorder South Park the RPG for a mere $60

Grimlorn

Arcane
Is there even any kind of trailer or gameplay video out there yet? I'm surprised they're doing preorders without releasing any footage of the actual game.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Have you played the Mario RPGs? The combat system is pretty fun and has no relation to "press x not to die".

Yes. (but not for long)

I saw it as the worst of both worlds.

Boring and untactical JRPG combat, but with the added effort of mashing buttons.

Admittedly, not everyone will hate it as much as I do, it hit several of my pet peeves.

deuxhero

Arcane
Have you played the Mario RPGs? The combat system is pretty fun and has no relation to "press x not to die".

Yes. (but not for long)

I saw it as the worst of both worlds.

Boring and untactical JRPG combat, but with the added effort of mashing buttons.

Admittedly, not everyone will hate it as much as I do, it hit several of my pet peeves.

Prehaps that's why you never got anywhere, it's all carefully timed taps and holds.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Prehaps that's why you never got anywhere, it's all carefully timed taps and holds.

Like I said,
24nfvow.gif
. Carefully timed button pressing + JRPG isn't what I'm looking for in an RPG, but YMMV. Unlike some people, I don't find carefully pressing buttons to be fun in and of itself, although it can occasionally be fun as a means to an end.

On the occasions when I am in the mood for some careful button pressing, there more appealing genres than JRPGs for me to press my buttons in. The constraints of the JRPG genre make it impossible for anything awesome to happen, no matter how carefully I press my button, but if I carefully press my button in a real time tactics game I can make an airplane crash into a tiger tank that just drove through a house. Then everything explodes. Then I feel justifiably rewarded for the effort I put into carefully pressing button.

But I admitted from the start that this is a matter of opinion, some people find endless enjoyment from carefully pressing buttons, so if you want to play Simon[1] while reading awesome RPG plots then go ahead and buy South Park the RPG.

[1]
2itqu79.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
How can an unreleased game have ratings? 4 and a half stars even. Must be a p. good game. I think I'm gonna buy it based on those ratings.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I really can't get hyped over this. South park can be quite amusing at times, but there's no 'game' in this. Maybe watching a video LP would be a amusing and enjoyable. And $60.00? That's just too steep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom