Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wormwood Studios Drama - Victor Pflug trying to get exclusive ownership of Primordia

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
was Pflug gay all along? what the fuck.

Azdul

Magister
Surprised there isn't some form of law group that specifically specializes in helping developers in legal matters. In that, publishers hold all the cards and can always reply with "What are you going to do? Sue us? ROFL!" and developers have no resource to draw from to actually assist them.
By the time lawyers will be done with a battle - the thing they were fighting over will not be worth much. Any scraps that they've won - will be consumed by legal fees.

In software business lawyers are not sharks but bottom feeders.

Lawyers are necessary when signing a contract - to not create opportunities for shenanigans from either side. Then every legal battle can be fought into standstill - and settled out of court decade and hundreds of thousands $$$ of legal fees later.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
This has come to my attention by the ever-vigilant RPGHQ users.

1710338142595.png

1710338100261.png

The situation is pretty vague and I don't know which slurs should be used.

Monolith

Prophet
Great stuff and insights, Victor.

I'd appreciate a Primordia anniversary edition, extended gameplay and dev commentary. Any plans on going further down memory lane...?

Dualnames

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Safe to say that a Primordia anniversary edition is not gonna happen. Given it's a shared IP (confirmed by a notarized contract) and the fact that due to recent events we don't wish to work with Vic on anything, it's a safe conclusion to come to.

Star Citizen

Learned
Safe to say that a Primordia anniversary edition is not gonna happen. Given it's a shared IP (confirmed by a notarized contract) and the fact that due to recent events we don't wish to work with Vic on anything, it's a safe conclusion to come to.
Sad man I loved it

Monolith

Prophet
I... have no idea what recent events you're referring to. But with all the shit that is happening in the world, I'm not sure I want to know.

Beastro

Arcane
I... have no idea what recent events you're referring to. But with all the shit that is happening in the world, I'm not sure I want to know.
Wormwood Studios drama.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-get-exclusive-ownership-of-primordia.147244/

Monolith

Prophet
Man. Have fun ripping each other a new one. Perhaps an anniversary edition to Primordia with dev commentary would make even more sense now. Make it 2 versions, or three. Contrary commentary. You need to get all versions to get the full picture. Then you can make a reunification game 10 years later, all about piecing together the different parts. Played after WW3 afterall, where somehow wormwood falling apart was the start of it all.

... on a more serious note. Sad affair.

ds

Cipher
Patron
Glad to see you guys have finally decided to settle this in the proper venue. May the court of public opinion judge you fairly.

You just have to pull the Pflug :M
But what would be the point? They don't seem to be interested in growing anything at the moment.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom