Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time vaporware remake from Ubisoft

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
I suppose you're right about that. I had such a horrible time with SoT's combat sections that I might've turned too much of blind eye to WW's shortcomings simply for the reason that it had serviceable combat.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am actually suprised they delayed it rather than just dumping it on the market. It shows that quality apparently is not completely meaningless for them. Still, there is still a 0% chance of this being good, so in the end, it doesn't matter.

Personally, I think Sands of Time is still very playable (boring combat aside) as the highly stilized graphics is hiding the age well. If anything, I would like a remake of Warrior Within which had really good story and gameplay but looked horrible.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I am actually suprised they delayed it rather than just dumping it on the market. It shows that quality apparently is not compeletly meaningless for them.

It could also mean that they have a completely broken game on their hands and they require more time to get it into Alpha stage, and then ship it. Publishers seem to get away with these scams despite the constant "outrages" it accompanies.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I am actually suprised they delayed it rather than just dumping it on the market. It shows that quality apparently is not compeletly meaningless for them.

It could also mean that they have a completely broken game on their hands and they require more time to get it into Alpha stage, and then ship it. Publishers seem to get away with these scams despite the constant "outrages" it accompanies.

That's true and it would actually fit the developer pretty well. I have worked with Indian dev teams in the past (non-gaming software, though) and they all had problems clearly communicating that they could not meet a deadline. Everything was fine and dandy until the day the software was supposed to be delivered and only then problems were communicated. It drove the western project leads nuts. Maybe the same has happened here.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Why is it, at least since LucasArts in the 90s, that executives keep falling for the same dumbass idea which has literally never worked:

OMG this developer says they'll do the job for peanuts! We have no reason at all to believe this developer can deliver. Where do we sign?

MW-CR112_greedy_20140820155814_ZQ.jpg

MBAs. Not even once.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Leaving the development of the game in hands of a random team from India in the sake of inclusivity bullshit sure was a great idea, wasn't it?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
SoT is a good candidate for a remake. The platforming is good, the fighting is bad (the mechanics are ok-ish, but destroyed by the super long arena fights) and the story/setting could use some fleshing out.

The other games in the trilogy could use remakes too. WW needs its edgyness toned way down and contradict the story of the sot less (a better map/slightly less backtracking wouldn't hurt either). TT is barely fucking playable and its only redeemable quality is the ending cinematic.

I am a bit doubtful of modern ubis ability to pull it off though. They *probably* won't turn it into an open world sandbox but it seems like it's been several years since they published a storydriven game?

Agree with this except the story needing to be fleshed out. The simple story and characters is what made the story endearing, as evidenced by its sequels expanding on the story and subsequently becoming pants-on-head-retarded

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/...-of-persia-the-sands-of-time-remake/000080454

Information on Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time Remake​

We receive a lot of questions from our community regarding Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake.

Here is some information that we can share with you at this point in time:

State of the game
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake is not cancelled. The game is currently in development at Ubisoft Montréal.
Other remakes in the series
Beyond Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time there are currently no plans to remake any other Prince of Persia title.
Release date
At the moment, a new release date has not been set, we will provide new information on that front when we are ready.
Pre-order cancellations
Since the game currently does not have a release date, existing pre-orders have been cancelled and refunded where applicable.
Pre-orders may reopen once a new release date for the game has been announced.

We will share more details about the development of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake in future updates.

You can follow our official Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for any upcoming Prince of Persia news and to become part of our growing community.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Some coked up Ubi exec greenlit some Indian subcontractor to make a quick "remaster" of Sands of Time for quick and easy cashflow.

Well that didn't go as planned and it seemed like such a good idea at the time!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom