Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quote function broken?

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Used to work but now whenever I try to insert a quote into the text box I get "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." I think it screwed up trying to quote something and now it's just fucked. Any way to fix it?

Sentinel

Arcane
Used to work but now whenever I try to insert a quote into the text box I get "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." I think it screwed up trying to quote something and now it's just fucked. Any way to fix it?
test
. Please try again later. M
test

works on my machine

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
You mean the quote+ button?

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I get the error when I click the insert quote button. I think using Quote+ broke it with a bad quote but I have no idea where or how to clear the quote cache.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hi.

Viata

Arcane
Quote+ is working here
I get the error when I click the insert quote button. I think using Quote+ broke it with a bad quote but I have no idea where or how to clear the quote cache.
without any
Hi.
Quote+ works fine.
problem.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I know others can use it but I can't because it has something cached for me giving it an error. I've tried finding what I might have quoted and removing it but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Just Locus

Educated
I never use the +Quote function because of how unreliable it is and because I have shotty internet. I almost always highlight text and quote that individual line.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Speaking of quoting, can rpgcodex staff add to the forum rules that only quoting of certain depth[like three nested posts] is allowed? It would stop pyramid quoting, and give warnings to the serial offenders. It's high time to teach these humanzees.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
If there's no automated way to stop sending alerts to a user that's deep inside a quote pyramid, then it should be a bannable offense.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Speaking of quoting, can rpgcodex staff add to the forum rules that only quoting of certain depth[like three nested posts] is allowed? It would stop pyramid quoting, and give warnings to the serial offenders. It's high time to teach these humanzees.
Default XF functionality does away with quote pyramids, it was DU who put them back intentionally. Common sense doesn't figure into this.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Default XF functionality does away with quote pyramids, it was DU who put them back intentionally. Common sense doesn't figure into this.
DU may be a vaccine taking NPC trannie-nazi lover, but he's not all bad

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
People complained because default functionality removed the quote pyramids. So if you had a legitimate 3 level deep post, it'd cut it down to just one quote or some bullshit. There were good reasons. Honest.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yea, setting it to 3 levels deep would have been fine, unlimited isn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom