Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reading the FF13 wiki

Data4

Arcane
Reminds me of the old Harlem Globetrotters cartoon where they're all superheroes and that one guy with the big ass afro kept EVERYGODDAMNED thing in his fro.

YEAH, I'M OLD, SO FUCK YOU!

DriacKin

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
How is that any more retarded than Minsc and Boo?
I don't recall mentioning Minsc and Boo, or what they have to do with Final Fantasy. Was your postulation, per se, that if Minsc and Boo are retarded FF13 is somehow less retarded than I've implied, per se? Was this an intended defense of Final Fantasy by bringing up something unrelated? Perhaps you ought to kill yourself, QED

I wasn't trying to defend FF13. I was just pointing out that many "codex approved games" have more than their fair share of silly shit.

Personally, I found Minsc/Boo to be stupid and nonsensical. However, for some reason unknown to me, they seem to be beloved characters on the Codex. Its seems a bit hypocritical for people to bash the stupid shit in FF.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DriacKin said:
kingcomrade said:
How is that any more retarded than Minsc and Boo?
I don't recall mentioning Minsc and Boo, or what they have to do with Final Fantasy. Was your postulation, per se, that if Minsc and Boo are retarded FF13 is somehow less retarded than I've implied, per se? Was this an intended defense of Final Fantasy by bringing up something unrelated? Perhaps you ought to kill yourself, QED

I wasn't trying to defend FF13. I was just pointing out that many "codex approved games" have more than their fair share of silly shit.

Personally, I found Minsc/Boo to be stupid and nonsensical. However, for some reason unknown to me, they seem to be beloved characters on the Codex. Its seems a bit hypocritical for people to bash the stupid shit in FF.

But Boo didn't live in Minsc's afro.

Black

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
I don't recall mentioning Minsc and Boo, or what they have to do with Final Fantasy
Baldur's Gate is Final Fantasy of WRPGs. Overrated shit.

Major_Boobage

Scholar
FeelTheRads said:
Major_Boobage said:
Go for the eyes Boo , go for the eyes!!!!!

How unexpected for a retard to appreciate another of its ilk.

Black said:
kingcomrade said:
I don't recall mentioning Minsc and Boo, or what they have to do with Final Fantasy
Baldur's Gate is Final Fantasy of WRPGs. Overrated shit.

derpderpdog.jpg

Black

Arcane
Hard time accepting the facts, I see. Well, have fun with your mediocre writing, no roleplaying, dungeon crawling, repetitive combat and dumbed down D&D system

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Black said:
Hard time accepting the facts, I see. Well, have fun with your mediocre writing, no roleplaying, dungeon crawling, repetitive combat and dumbed down D&D system

I guess i will play one of those zounds of inferior games released afterwards then i guess. If i am lucky i might just play one of those 10 that are as good or maybe even better.

R00fles!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Not many better RPGs released since then makes it a good RPG. I see.

Also, trying to emulate Volourn and your general craving for acceptance only make you look even more retarded.

denizsi

Arcane
Black said:

That just described about every RPG ever released. As the idiotic consensus goes: you take one of those points out and it's an adventure game.

Black

Arcane
denizsi said:
That just described about every RPG ever released.

Not really, but hey, nice try!

Doesnt change the fact that BG2 is a great game and regarded by the codex as top10(?)

Yeah, "?". Shows how much you know.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Major_Boobage said:
Doesnt change the fact that BG2 is a great game and regarded by the codex as top10(?)

More like: BG2 is an extremely mediocre game, but is still regarded by the codex as top10.

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Black said:
Yeah, "?". Shows how much you know.

More then you it seems.

DriacKin said:
Major_Boobage said:

More like: BG2 is an extremely mediocre game, but is still regarded by the codex as top10.

:roll: , its a great game. One of the best ever created with a good main story and dungeon crawling and very good combat.

Mediocre lol.

Black

Arcane
Good story? Sorry, swing and a miss. Good dungeon crawling? The only good dungeon in the whole series was in ToB. Very good combat? Sure, if repetitive is what you're looking for.
Mediocre yes. No amount of rolling eyes will change that

Oh lookie, what a great find: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1935

"It's almost like their design philosophy centers around 12 year old D&D player mentalities.
I guess now we know why so many people like it, eh?

Hory

Erudite
DriacKin said:
If it's an extremely mediocre game, then how come the vast majority of CRPGs aren't like it?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hory said:
DriacKin said:
If it's an extremely mediocre game, then how come the vast majority of CRPGs aren't like it?
Hory, I didn't think that by your tastes and preferences, you would enjoy those Baldur's Gate games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom