Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Orchestra: HoS is available for purchase on Steam

Erzherzog

Magister
I mention this because the original RO was serious incline and hopefully so is the sequel.

Competitive play: http://www.roladder.net/

EDIT: Fixed title

DakaSha

Arcane
RO was the only team shooter multiplayer fuckfest i actually got into.. i actually re installed yesterday.. no more servers though :P

Im guessing i wont even be able to run the new one though

edit:

Steam Digital Deluxe Edition
Steam Digital Deluxe Edition adds the following extras on top of the Standard Edition:

Access to the final phase of closed beta before the August 30th launch
Day 1 Unlock of the Elite Assault Weapons (MKb 42(H) and AVT-40) and Semi Auto Sniper Weapons (SVT-40 and G 41(W):

Team Fortress 2 German and Russian hats ("vintage" if bought during pre-purchase):

lel

Multi-headed Cow

YOUR HATS, GIVE THEM TO ME GRAGT. I WANT TO RUB THEM ALL OVER MY GREASY FOLDS.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
DakaSha said:
Im guessing i wont even be able to run the new one though

It actually needs very low specs to run

Code:
Minimum:
Processor: Dual Core 2.3 GHz or better
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics card: 256 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 GTX or better ATI® Radeon® HD 2900 GT or better
Sound: Windows Supported Sound Card
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 8 GB free hard drive space

Recommended:
Processor: Quad Core 2.6 GHz or better
RAM: 3 GB
Graphics card: 512 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 260 or better ATI® Radeon® HD 5750 or better
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy or better
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 8 GB free hard drive space

Which is great. I have yet to see a computer that couldn't run properly Killing Floor with some tweaking.

DemonKing

Arcane
Annoyingly my Steam page says it's the "low violence" version - is anyone else seeing that or is that just a dumb Australian IP-related thing?

Secretninja

Cipher
I think the first one was on my ut 2k4 disc. It seemed like utter shit when I played it, but I didn't give it much of a chance because NO ONE WAS FUCKING PLAYING IT.

DakaSha

Arcane
it was def not utter shit (as far as these types of games go) It was pretty fucking awesome in my opinion

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll wait for the release date and probably buy it within week after release. RO was awesome, the only drawback was lack of players (and now I guess are nearly none). However I think RO2 will have a lot of them, after all it's a proper game, not a low budget stand-alone mod.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

I already wanted the game the Killing floor skins is only a plus.

MapMan

Arcane
I'll get it in retail because it's a lot cheaper than steam for example.

Also: If I'd be australian I'd never legitimately purchase a game there. With all the censorship bullshit they pull there they only shoot their own foot.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Can't wait!
A friend from the Netherland's gifted it to me, hope it is uncut that way...
Hope we get our Beta access soon!

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/faq/germany/

Not sure about Germany, but Australia may get a Low Violence version, however the version put to the Classification board is the uncut regular version.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... st24126174

The Low Violence tag for Australia is a kind of, "you may get a different version" disclaimer, if in doubt, contact steam for a refund, if not purchased yet, just wait until the classification board gives its decision.

Also, fucking potatos man.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/s ... hp?t=55095

If you want an uncut version, you can get someone from outside the country to gift you a version.

Edit out reading failure.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
JarlFrank said:
I'll buy the boxed version because I always buy the boxed version. Fuck paying for downloads.

Bah fuck wearing pants and going outside.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Will probably get the boxed version. Hopefully, it will be a good one.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
MapMan said:

I was surprised it's actually cheaper to buy if from Steam. It's only 28 euros, since I own the original. The cheapest retail version I could find was 32,40e.

MapMan

Arcane
Toffeli said:
MapMan said:

I was surprised it's actually cheaper to buy if from Steam. It's only 28 euros, since I own the original. The cheapest retail version I could find was 32,40e.

Yeah, well, I meant in poland its the cheapest in retail. And if theres a choice of box or no box then I will always choose box, even if its only a dvd case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom