Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Retarded Oblivion fan interview

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
Don't you have anything better to do than sitting around and mashing your pukes on the Codex as if it was your personal interaction toilet? It's not even irritating, it's simply off-putting. Whenver I take a stroll at this here forum, I'm surrounded by trash-threads like 'OMG exit eatz sihtz' or 'VD my arse'. All the interesting discussions and actual comments on various cRPG-related subjects are drowned in pointless pukewars, pukewars involving the same people YET AGAIN. It's reminiscent of other forums, which I try to avoid at any cost.

Some personal advice:

VD, tone down, and STFU.
Exit, STFU. Oh, and STFU.
Dojoteef or whatever - STFU.
eldestgoat - more of the same.
Spazmo - something.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
You get attitude on RPGCodex, that's good. And to be honest, I never saw this place as a site meant to appeal to the random noobs who come here via some google link. It's more a place for an established community.

eldestgoat

Novice
y dont u make like ur advice an STFU

pisskoder - STFU dumbass o and STFU x5

dum shit

greetz
:cool:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
PrzeSzkoda:

Hate to say I agree with the dumbnutz Eldest; but take your own advice.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Good post, Stainless.

Stainless said:
From a general presentation stand point it's bad. Random traffic that pops by, is more often then not going to be put off by some opinionated derogertory remarks in news posts, thinking it's the sites general approach to news posting.
The question is do we need those who would be put off by some, what was it... "opinionated derogatory remarks"? I say fuck 'em. Don't get me wrong though, I don't expect to see those who'd agree with me - where is fun in that?, I expect those who are smart enough to see the site for what it is, without being told to, appreciate its fucked up beauty, then join and disagree with me by posting a good argument.

From developors, modders, (insert person happy to hand out whatever that's of interest), etc point of view, it may indeed just put them off freely giving people of the site interviews, etc. Quite frankly, who wants to deal with a website that goes out and slanderises them on their front page.
Well, funny enough this site has seen more developers than any kissy-ass politically correct site. Go figure, eh?

Feargus Urquhart said:
I try to hit the other forums from time to time, but it's not as much as I'd like. I usually swing by the RPGCodex boards a couple times a week to see what is going on there as well.
I can't think of other developer who was more flamed here than David Gaider, yet he continues to drop by, to argue and often to flame. Cool guy.

There is nothing wrong against being opinionated in a news topic, but there more subtle approaches you can use, and then just call them retards, morons whatever in your own little post in the forum afterwards.
That just doesn't agree with me, making a neutral post and then adding an insult later. I speak my mind, simple as that. If the subject of a news post is retarded, I say so openly. Doesn't mean you have to believe and accept what I say. Argue, flame, agree, disagree, etc - that's what the siite is all about.

If people are wanting to find information, they'll read news for the content, not for the wonderful shock value opinions of the news poster. If they want that, let them click the "read comments" button.
Alternatively, they can hit other sites as well, the sites that offer dry news. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing. So, instead of changing the site and becoming just like everybody fucking else, we can continue doing what we did for 2+ years now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I can't think of other developer who was more flamed here than David Gaider"

Really? As much as the 'Codex has flamed him; there ar emultiple other devs who have been flamed as much if not more so than him. He's not alone in that "honour". The fact he still posts here is different though.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Wow, another noob-attack!

PrzeSzkoda said:
VD, tone down, and STFU.
Who the fuck are you again?

All the interesting discussions and actual comments on various cRPG-related subjects are drowned in pointless pukewars, pukewars involving the same people YET AGAIN
You want a good discussion? Fucking start one instead of bitching.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Stainless said:
There is nothing wrong against being opinionated in a news topic, but there more subtle approaches you can use, and then just call them retards, morons whatever in your own little post in the forum afterwards. If people are wanting to find information, they'll read news for the content, not for the wonderful shock value opinions of the news poster. If they want that, let them click the "read comments" button.
Have you ever watched FoxNews? It's a news organization here in the states, and it uses much more slanderous and lewd ways of disseminating the news than Vault Dweller has ever done. They will insult guests to their face, slander them, cut off their microphone feed if they dislike what they are saying, etc. Yet guess what, it's wildly popular. Some people are all for the shock value.

Personally I like Vault Dweller's style despite the fact that I might not agree with his assessments. I don't agree that all twenty questions are stupid. I'm smart enough to be able to discern fact from opinion in the news though and I'd hope the people who come here are equally capable; it's not that difficult. The saracastic comments add to the style of Codex and it's one of the main reasons I frequent the site.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Sarcastic comments don't necessarily mean calling something retarded out of the blue. Allow the reader to read the news, make up his mind about it and THEN comment - that's the cool thing, I like such stuff in other newsposts.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Stop trying to excuse your shitty news posting by saying: "ITZ TEH CODEKS WAY!"

No one else but YOU posts like that. Looks to me more like VAULT DWELLER'S way. Your way makes this site look like whiney blog.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"No one else but YOU posts like that. Looks to me more like VAULT DWELLER'S way. Your way makes this site look like whiney blog."

All the Big Wigs (I will be one; VD and co will hire me soon) do when they feel like it. Whip is probbaly the cleaniest of them all yet still gets his share of digs in. Stop babbling about it and if you dislike his opinion blast him for it. I know I do. If I agree I agree. Stop crying like a little school gril (mmm school girl) who was turned down by the prom king.

eldestgoat

Novice
fuckin shitless gotta own up to da facts bitch

dat brotha vd got mo shizzle than fuken rpgdot so u betta fuken check urself 2 b sugestin otherwise

wutdafuk is slander??? is call speakin da fuken truth, bitch n vd aint no fuken pussy fraid of layin the fuken truth out unlike some other pussy bitches like exitum on this site

fuken pussy makes me wanna puke cus that dum shit is such a faggot

own up to ur motha fuckin self bitch cus u aint got nobody but u to owe it to urself

greetz :cool:

jiujitsu

Cipher
Nice try, Volourn, but no. He's the only one who calls people retarded or full-of-shit on the front page.

I know they all bash a bit in their news posts, but VD is just over the top.

Vault Dweller

Developer
PrzeSzkoda said:
God, you are stupid.

Allow the reader to read the news, make up his mind about it and THEN comment - that's the cool thing, I like such stuff in other newsposts.
Good for you. Now go and hang around one of these sites that you like so much. Nobody forced you to come here.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"VD is just over the top."

Well.. I'm not gonna bother doing a search to prove or disprove either of our opinions here; but either way so what?

1. We both agree that all of them making funny rude comments while doing the news.

2. VD can be over the top.

I say so what. There's nothing wrong with that inofitself. As for newbies to the site being turned off; again, so what. If they feel too weak to handle some insults perhaps theya re toow eak to be posting on the net.

I'm always pro insult when the target of derision deserves it even if it happens to be me.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
jiujitsu said:
No one else but YOU posts like that. Looks to me more like VAULT DWELLER'S way.

No one else quite posts like Saint, or Spaz, or Whip, either. Should there be a unified posting style for staff members?

Your way makes this site look like whiney blog.

Vault's far from being the responsible for that. If you want whining, I suggest carefully reading some other people's posts. Unless of course you have a different perspective on the meaning of whining.

Volourn said:
All the Big Wigs (I will be one; VD and co will hire me soon)

Jeebusohjeebus!!!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Jeebusohjeebus!!!"

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

It. Will. Happen.

Just you wait til my first review officially appears on the main site. :twisted:

jiujitsu

Cipher
I don't believe they deserved it.

There is nothing wrong with asking a question you are curious about no matter what it is. If you want information get it.

Just because they aren't the questions VD would have asked doesn't mean they are retarded questions.

Vault Dweller

Developer
jiujitsu said:
Stop trying to excuse your shitty news posting by saying: "ITZ TEH CODEKS WAY
You see, jiu, you just can't maintain a normal discussion. Shitty news posting... I'm always surprised at people who join the site only to tell us that it sucks. Don't like it, get the fuck out. It doesn't get more simple than that.

No one else but YOU posts like that. Looks to me more like VAULT DWELLER'S way. Your way makes this site look like whiney blog.
Yes. Yes, it is. It's the Vault Dweller's way. We've already ordered a new sign that says VD Codex: No Morons Allowed. Happy now?

What a whiny idiot you are.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I don't believe they deserved it.

There is nothing wrong with asking a question you are curious about no matter what it is. If you want information get it.

Just because they aren't the questions VD would have asked doesn't mean they are retarded questions"

I agree to a point.

I beleive VD was retarded for calling them retarded questions. Not because he called them retarded but because I disagree with his opinion that they're retarded.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
You see, jiu, you just can't maintain a normal discussion. Shitty news posting... I'm always surprised at people who join the site only to tell us that it sucks. Don't like it, get the fuck out. It doesn't get more simple than that.

This site doesn't suck. You do when you post news.

Stainless

Novice
dojoteef said:
Have you ever watched FoxNews?

Nope, I rarly watch TV, and I can't recall seeing it on tv any time I have. It's probibly played at either some silly hour like 11pm (ie, when I watch stargate, or whatever sci fi is on tv) or 4am (when I'm either asleep or on the net).

Vault Dweller said:
Well, funny enough this site has seen more developers than any kissy-ass politically correct site. Go figure, eh?

There's no need to suck dev cock. I personally see as much reason to do that as to outright insult people. Simiarily, you can be politically in-correct and not appear as an anarchic extremist group declaring hell and sundry on anything that you don't find interest in.

Feargus Urquhart said:
I try to hit the other forums from time to time, but it's not as much as I'd like. I usually swing by the RPGCodex boards a couple times a week to see what is going on there as well.

Yes, I seem to remember that quote from quite a ways back from somewhere.

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
God, you are stupid.

God, I'm stupid.

Good for you. Now go and hang around one of these sites that you like so much. Nobody forced you to come here.

Reading comprehension, Lesson no. 1

"It's reminiscent of other forums, which I try to avoid at any cost. " - the sentence implies that its author doesn't like the sites he's making a point about.

Too bad RPGCodex is the only gaming site I actually like. You'll have to bear my presence a bit longer. Tragic, isn't it? Looks like you're trying to make a private sink and bitch-blog out of the Codex that only guys who can't even spell correctly read.

Wow, another noob-attack!

Elaborate. Why did you call me a noob?

Who the fuck are you again?

And whom should I be to be allowed to point out the complete nonsense of the views you are presenting?

You want a good discussion? Fucking start one instead of bitching.

Okay, let's call it 'VD sucks some serious balls'. That'll make some interesting reading. No offence, though. It'd be as cool as this one: http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5937

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom