Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Retarded Oblivion fan interview

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Jesus wept, people... I leave for four hours and three and a half more pages get added on to this fucked up thread. By the gods this is ridiculous. What the fuck is happening to this place?

By the way, has anyone seen Blade: Trinity yet? Is it any good?

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Stainless said:
dojoteef said:
Have you ever watched FoxNews?
Nope, I rarly watch TV, and I can't recall seeing it on tv any time I have. It's probibly played at either some silly hour like 11pm (ie, when I watch stargate, or whatever sci fi is on tv) or 4am (when I'm either asleep or on the net).
Well I don't own a TV, so I bet I watch even less TV than you do. The only time I get to watch TV is if I go over to a friend's house and they happen to want to watch, which rarely if ever occurs. That aside, FoxNews is a station just like CNN is a station. So I guess you are correct, it is played at both of those silly hours along with the remaining twenty-two hours in a day. You would know it if you saw it. Try checking it out sometime, then try and call Vault Dweller out for his posts.

The one thing that makes me dislike FoxNews is the fact that they won't let other people put forth their arguments. It would be akin to deleting posts/threads here at the Codex. It's something that I truly despise. Supressing opinion is bull shit. That's what's so great here at the Codex, it has the witty news posts and no suppressing of opinion (except the occasional powertrip by some folks :D).

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, reading Codex has been a pain recently. I think it's a sign of bad times when this new elder-goatse guy feels right at home here.

eldestgoat

Novice
if vault dwellers wants to power trip hes got a dam fucken rite to power trip

cos the playas earnd it

n what a playa earns a playa earns da right to use

dam strait

dont you fucks be hatin on vd cos his posts beat the livin fuk outta n e thing iv seen on rpgdot n gamespy

but ign is like 2# to this site cos is like that

plain facts plain n simpl

fucken hatas can leave n neva cum back cos dey lame shitz nehow n codex is too fucken hardcore 4 them fags n jews n shit

greetz :cool:

Stainless

Novice
Well, I'm in here in Australia, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it. Although I do have the equivilent of cable so I might see if it's on one of the news channels.

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Otaku_Hanzo said:
By the way, has anyone seen Blade: Trinity yet? Is it any good?

I saw it last night. I give it a "meh" out of 5. Kinda long & boring. Way too many "gang walks towards the camera looking badass in slow motion while some cool music plays in the background" scenes, and not enough action. Ryan Reynolds' character was hilarious, though.

VD's posting style? De rigueur for RPG Codex. I have no problems with it being an editorialized news site. There are plenty of other websites where you can get gaming news without the author's opinions being interjected in. And as VD said -- if you disagree, say so in the thread.

The only problem I have with this thread was Eclecticist getting the wrong impression of my comments:

Eclecticist said:
It is refreshing to see a Bethesda employee so blatantly insult their own fanbase .

and VD reinforcing that:

Vault Dweller said:
Hey, no backpedalling now, please

I know it was all in fun, but please don't put words in my mouth. The only way my comments would be insulting to Elder Scrolls fans would be if I agreed with Vault Dweller's assessment of the interview, which I do not. :)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
jiujitsu said:
Vault Dweller said:
You see, jiu, you just can't maintain a normal discussion. Shitty news posting... I'm always surprised at people who join the site only to tell us that it sucks. Don't like it, get the fuck out. It doesn't get more simple than that.

This site doesn't suck. You do when you post news.
I wish I cared what morons think of me. Next

PrzeSzkoda said:
Reading comprehension, Lesson no. 1

"It's reminiscent of other forums, which I try to avoid at any cost. " - the sentence implies that its author doesn't like the sites he's making a point about.
Take your own lesson. I meant that sites that "allow the reader to read the news, make up his mind about it and THEN comment - that's the cool thing"

You'll have to bear my presence a bit longer. Tragic, isn't it?
Not really. Stay awhile and listen :wink:

Elaborate. Why did you call me a noob?
Elsewhere, where you actually put in some efforts, you may be a king. Here you are still a noob judging by the quality and quantity of your posts. Any questions?

VD said:
You want a good discussion? Fucking start one instead of bitching.
Okay, let's call it 'VD sucks some serious balls'. That'll make some interesting reading. No offence, though
Great contribution. Very thought-provoking.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
The only problem I have with this thread was Eclecticist getting the wrong impression of my comments:

That was obviously to get a rise out of you.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
The only way my comments would be insulting to Elder Scrolls fans would be if I agreed with Vault Dweller's assessment of the interview, which I do not. :)
There aren't any Elder Scrolls fans on the Codex to insult anyway, so why worry :D.

eldestgoat

Novice
vd is fucken righteous n i luv his posting style cos there aint no other liek it

dey all be afraid of speakin the truth dat BETHESDA IS SHIT

but vault dweller aint got nothin to fear cos thats fucken journalistic integrity

yea thats right nigga u be shittin urself if u think otherwise

u best check urself b4 u step up jewshitsu n pisserskla

dat applies 2 u 2 mrsmileyshitface u dun haf 2 try 2 act all smug just cus ur a game developr cus i dont give a fuk who u r and ur games fucken suck

thas the truth

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
I saw it last night. I give it a "meh" out of 5.

That basically sums up my opinion of the other two as well. Meh, indeed. So it goes into the "Ignore List". Saves me time to something else, then.

Vault Dweller

Developer
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
and VD reinforcing that

Vault Dweller said:
Hey, no backpedalling now, please
It was just a joke, MrSmiley, I've even included the actual quote so that people could see what exactly you said to avoid unnecessary assumptions.

Ok, I'll even post a disclaimer:

Attention, dumb bastards! MrSmileyFaceDude loves you all and would never say anything bad about you. Bethesda has always been a friend of slow folks and made a lot of efforts to dumb their games down to some really (s)low common denominator.

Well, I hope that settles it. As Homer Simpson would say: "Nothing is hurt except feelings" :lol:

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Elsewhere, where you actually put in some efforts, you may be a king. Here you are still a noob judging by the quality and quantity of your posts. Any questions?

Let me make myself more clear: what was the point of calling me a noob? Oh, and show me a gaming website I put 'more effort' into than the Codex. Btw. judging by the quality of your posts in this thread, one could think that you're more of a noob than I am. Fortunately, I've read hundreds of your other posts, which are actually (wunderbar!) intelligent and worth reading. Otherwishe I'd be biased against you indifinitely.

Take your own lesson. I meant that sites that "allow the reader to read the news, make up his mind about it and THEN comment - that's the cool thing"

If you paid attention to what I've written, you'd have guessed that there aren't any sites that do this in a manner that'd satisfy me. I like the way it's been dealt with here.

Great contribution. Very thought-provoking.

Indeed it is. Hope it'll make people think about the amassing of such phony threads. Sometimes it gets really tiring and trying to get past those idiotic flamewars and vomit-pools and glimpse the worthy opinion of someone-or-other. And don't you try to blame it on my lack of 'codexness' - it's not the way the Codex's been, and obviously not the way it should be.

Vault Dweller

Developer
PrzeSzkoda said:
Let me make myself more clear: what was the point of calling me a noob?
To underline the fact that a guy who only made a handful of posts (read non-existent involvement with the site) is telling people how to do what they've been doing for quite some time now.

I didn't mean that in the offensive way, as we are all noobs in some matters.

Oh, and show me a gaming website I put 'more effort' into than the Codex.
I didn't imply it was a site. Surely there is something you care about and put efforts into.

Btw. judging by the quality of your posts in this thread, one could think that you're more of a noob than I am. Fortunately, I've read hundreds of your other posts, which are actually (wunderbar!) intelligent and worth reading. Otherwishe I'd be biased against you indifinitely.
Well, this thread is fucked up beyond recovery, so there is no point in posting a thoughtful treatise on some RPG matters, is there?

I like the way it's been dealt with here.
Then stop bitching and go flame somebody. Oh, you are already doing that. Carry on then :)

jiujitsu

Cipher
Can't you please just keep your opinion out of the front page like you usually do?

You seem to lower yourself whenever you post news on Bethesda stuff. Maybe you should let other people post Bethesda related news. You are too obviously biased and out to get them.

Vault Dweller

Developer
jiujitsu said:
Can't you please just keep your opinion out of the front page like you usually do?

You seem to lower yourself whenever you post news on Bethesda stuff. Maybe you should let other people post Bethesda related news. You are too obviously biased and out to get them.
OMG! NOT ANATHAR FLIP-FLOPPER! Can you please pick the style in which you'd like to argue with me. In one post, it's all "please" and stuff, in another it's "asshole" and "shitty news posting". Pick something and stick with it.

Anyway, I don't really know what "lower yourself" mean as I don't think of how highly I'm elevated when I post something. I post what I think. So far more people who have contributed to the site more than you did have stated that they prefer or at least don't mind my style. Therefore, you lose, and your petition is rejected.

As for Bethesda, I have no bias. I liked Arena and Daggerfall, wasn't impressed with MW, and undecided on Oblivion. Todd made a lot of really stupid comments. Kathode and MrSmiley said a lot of right and interesting things. We'll see how things turn out.

eldestgoat

Novice
u fucken kike bitch

wut da fuck do u think u know about posting news jewshitsuck

ur a fucken noob so shut da fuck up and let the pros do their jobs

fucken dumb hater jewish kike bitch

eldestgoat

Novice
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Verse 1

A real gangsta-ass nigga plays his cards right
A real gangsta-ass nigga never runs his fuckin mouth
Cuz real gangsta-ass niggas don’t start fights
And niggas always gotta high cap
Showin’ all his boys how he shot em
But real gangsta-ass niggas don’t flex nuts
Cuz real gangsta-ass niggas know they got em
And everythings cool in the mind of a gangsta
Cuz gangsta-ass niggas think deep
Up three-sixty-five a year 24/7
Cuz real gangsta ass niggas don’t sleep

And all I gotta say to you
Wannabe, gonnabe, cocksuckin’, pussy-eatin’ prankstas
Cuz when the fry dies down what the fuck you gonna do

Verse 2

Feedin’ the poor and hepin out wit they bills
Although I was born in jamaica
Now I’m in the us makin’ deals
I mean one that you don’t really know
Ridin’ around town in a drop-top benz
Hittin’ switches in my black six-fo’
Now gangsta-ass niggas come in all shapes and colors
Some got killed in the past
But this gangtsa here is a smart one
Started living for the lord and I’ll last

Now all I gotta say to you
Wannabe, gonnabe, pussy-eatin’ cocksuckin’ prankstas
When the shit jumps off what the fuck you gonna do

Verse 3

A real gangta-ass nigga knows the play
Real gangsta-ass niggas get the flyest of the bitches
Ask that gangsta-ass nigga little jake
Now bitches look at gangsta-ass niggas like a stop sign
And play the role of little miss sweet
But catch the bitch all alone get the digit take her out
And then dump-hittin’ the ass with the meat
Cuz gangsta-ass niggas be the gang playas
And everythings quiet in the clique
A gangsta-ass nigga pulls the trigger
And his partners in the posse ain’t tellin’ off shit
Real gangsta-ass niggas don’t talk much
All ya hear is the black from the gun blast
And real gangsta-ass niggas don’t run for shit
Cuz real gangsta-ass niggas can’t run fast
Now when you in the free world talkin’ shit do the shit
Hit the pen and let the mothafuckas shank ya
But niggas like myself kick back and peep game
Cuz damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Verse 4

And now, a word from the president!
Gettin voted into the white house
Everything lookin good to the people of the world
But the mafia family is my boss
So every now and then I owe a favor gettin’ down
Like lettin’ a big drug shipment through
And send ’em to the poor community
So we can bust you know who
So voters of the world keep supportin’ me
And I promise to take you very far
Other leaders better not upset me
Or I’ll send a million troops to die at war
To all you republicans, that helped me win
I sincerely like to thank you
Cuz now I got the world swingin’ from my nuts
And damn it feels good to be a gangsta

when its all sed n dun u is a dumb fuckin kike pissersckolad

jiujitsu

Cipher
Stop attacking my arguing style and my post count and address the issue at hand.

Which is: Vault Dweller reporting his opinion as news.

You were simply out of line by flaming a group of people on the front page of a news website because you disagree with them.

I would like to see this change and you be more professional when posting news that pisses you off.

Vault Dweller

Developer
jiujitsu said:
Stop attacking my arguing style and my post count and address the issue at hand.

Which is: Vault Dweller reporting his opinion as news.
Really? Did I post "Morrowind fans suck" post? 'Cause that would be reporting opinions as news. So, why don't you think about it, try to focus, and tell us what IS the issue at hand here?

You were simply out of line by flaming a group of people on the front page of a news website because you disagree with them.
No, I didn't disagree with them, as I usually disagree with positions. There was none, just a bunch of stupid questions. I stated as much.

I would like to see this change and you be more professional when posting news that pisses you off.
[Volourn mode] No [/Volourn mode]

Out of curiosity though, why? Would that make you all warm and tingly inside?

jiujitsu

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
Really? Did I post "Morrowind fans suck" post? 'Cause that would be reporting opinions as news. So, why don't you think about it, try to focus, and tell us what IS the issue at hand here?

You called the interview retarded. If that was a fact then by all means post it as news. It isn't a fact, though. It's your personal opinion that many do not share with you. It was out of line to push it onto us like you did.

Vault Dweller said:
No, I didn't disagree with them, as I usually disagree with positions. There was none, just a bunch of stupid questions. I stated as much.

What makes the questions stupid? The people asking them needed to know the answers. The information might not have been valuable to you, but it is to them.

Vault Dweller said:
Out of curiosity though, why? Would that make you all warm and tingly inside?

Yes? It would also be nice to read news posts by you written with more tact.

eldestgoat

Novice
take it or leave it jewish shitsu this is the fucken codex not fuckin gayass rpgdot

y dont u go bake in an oven for a while u dumb kike

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
jiujitsu, the whole point of the Codex is the fact that there's attitude right in your face. If you don't agree with what's posted you can argue your point of view in the forums. There are hunderds, maybe even thousands of sites that'll give you unopinionated news. If that's what you want, why not go to one of those sites.

All Vault Dweller did was post some news and his opinion of the news article. He didn't post his opinion as news. There is a big difference.

Oh, and another thing, telling Vault Dweller to change his style isn't going to do jack shit. You can type until your fingers bleed and he's not going to change his stance because you want him to, so why are you begging, pleading, whining, and flaming?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom