Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Retardo Land

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I for one have to give it to Saint for that brilliant idea. Is it possible we might see more posts going into the Retardo Land? Maybe some choice stuff that had to be removed from the main forum, but that's probably preserved somewhere in the staff forums for comedy and posterity's sake.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Actually, Greg came up with the idea at Vault13.net, so it wasn't my idea. I prefer preserving the stupidity in a locked forum instead of deleting it, however, because it gives you something to refer back to if there's a dispute about something that user did.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
When I first joined the Codex, not once in the four or five months before my hiatus did I see anyone get banned. Now I've seen it happen twice in one week. I seriously think someone posted a link to this site on Gamefaqs. I really do. :?

[Edit: Actually, I think it was more like seven months before my hiatus.]

Seven

Erudite
Yeah, I know. It's one thing when some anonymous dick comes along once in while, but when you have regulars jumping on the bandwagon then it’s time to say “when”.

I, however, will never leave the codex; it’s the only forum that I actively participate in, and that’s after all my years on the net’, so it means a lot. I’d rather fight for this place (vis-à-vis good ole flamin’) than let it go the way of so many other sites that started off great.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Actually, Greg came up with the idea at Vault13.net, so it wasn't my idea. I prefer preserving the stupidity in a locked forum instead of deleting it, however, because it gives you something to refer back to if there's a dispute about something that user did.

I remember pm'ing him about it so I don't rip off his idea. Wow, that was a long time ago. He wrote back that it wasn't his idea, but Somethingawful's.

Fez

Erudite
My suggestion for Retardo Land is that the description be changed. It says "The wonderful place where we wisk away silly, stupid topics to preserve them for all time.", shouldn't it be "whisk"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom