Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reviews...

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Question - as you know (or maybe not :roll: ) i like the site, and have been a short while in the forums (and intend to keep at it :wink: ). Though there's one thing that puzzles me. I don't know how long the site has been up and running, but the amount of reviews isn't exactly big. Is this a decision of not wanting to go "mainstream" and have many reviews, or is it more in favour of underdogs, or worthy titles? I'm asking this because many people here like Arcanum, but there isn't a review, neither is there one of Fallout or Fallout 2; on the other hand we have high anti-Bioware feelings here, yet, while BG1 and BG2 aren't here, NWN is reviewed :shock:

Is this a thought-out decision, or people really haven't submitted any type of reviews for the games?

Spazmo

Erudite
Besides that, our editorial staff has lives outside of RPGCodex as well as very little money, so most often, we don't really have time to play or money to buy all the games that come out.

Except Saint. He lives in a sixty-room mansion built out of solid gold and has minions to go rob banks for him to make income.

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, yeah, but don't expect it to get posted on the Codex. If you want to review a game, make a thread in General Discussion.

Deathy

Liturgist
If I was on of a mind to, I could start up a series of "Yesterday's RPG reviews" so that our readers could find out which games to steer clear of in the budget bin. It'd be useful, but difficult to get up to the standard of review quality that is expected here.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I understand. So the staff just sticks with reviewing fairly recent games? Hmmm. Ok. If i get any recent CRPG from now on, and if no one volunteers i might propose some reviews.

I could try this with Lionheart but somehow i don't see myself spending money on it... i'll stick to later and better releases :wink: unless of course some near-sighted relative buys it for me *shiver*

BTW Spazmo how is your review of ToEE catching up? I'd like to know of what to expect when i get my grubby european hands on it :)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I think it would be a good idea to post at least short reviews for games like Arcanum and Fallout. I'm sure you guys played these games :wink: so no extra time or money would be involved. There is a number of people who missed Fallout and an amazing number of people who think that Arcanum sucked. It would be nice to see this misconception corrected. Do it for teh kidz :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom